Bullying

X3

I hope this is the right place as I wanted to ask a question about bullying.

Do you have any good ways to try and stop people bullying you?

In the past I’ve tried all the usual ones like trying to ignore them and fighting back but it seems to have little effect and often made the situation worse not better.

I’d just like it to stop and wonder if anybody has faced up to bullies in the past and dealt with them.

Putting down everything I do. And yelling at me for being my own person' date=' and not wearing makeup, and for standing my own ground[/quote']

Ok what do you mean by "putting down everything I do"? What does he put down?

What do you mean by yelling at you?

Not wearing makeup? What course is this?

What do they mean by standing your own ground? Is it related to this issue you are bringing up here?

What do they mean by standing your own ground? Is it related to this issue you are bringing up here?

I ditto these questions. You are being too vague, you need to be more specific.

OK, Putting down everything I do. = Every-time I try and do something right, I get told everything that is wrong with it. Nothing is ever right.

Yelling = Raising their voice when I dare to disagree and tell them, why.

Make up= I study Hairdressing, employability and associated things.

Standing own ground = When I refuse to change my opinion about makeup or something else along these lines.

OP,

Some history and more details will let us know more to help you.

Theres info

I ditto these questions. You are being too vague, you need to be more specific.

and again, info

If you are studying hairdressing, there is a certain image you have to project..that might be wearing makeup. I have to wonder if you are being too defiant and are locked in a power struggle with people and that is why they are reacting badly. When you are taking courses you have to follow what the teacher tells you and not get argumentative and say it is your way or the high way. They are not bullying you, they are setting boundaries for appropriate behaviour from students. They could easily say you are bullying them by constantly doing things in defiance.

The thing is' date=' the lecture saying these things, Is not a Practical lecture of mine, they teach me a subject in no way related to hairdressing or beauty or any other aspect associated with that.[/quote']

1) Are you intentionally vague for a reason? Do you benefit from it?

2) Could this also be a source of frustration for the people around your lecturer included.

You have provided little in the form of tangible information someone could help you out with. Why is that?

In all seriousness have you looked at whether or not you have issues with communicating with others?

Is there a Guidance Counselor you could voice your concerns to?

I have done so. It is just two lectures I have a problem with.

1) Are you intentionally vague for a reason? Do you benefit from it?

2) Could this also be a source of frustration for the people around your lecturer included.

You have provided little in the form of tangible information someone could help you out with. Why is that?

In all seriousness have you looked at whether or not you have issues with communicating with others?

I am not intending to be vague. I think the majority of the problem is, I take medication and the two lectures I do not get on with I have first thing in the morning making me unable to drive in, meaning I have to miss the medication.

I have very good communication skills, sorry these do not come accross on the web, as all you see is black letters on a white background.

I have talked to my course manager, but she seems unwilling to change my timetable, and these lectures do not care that I am on medication, and will make things worse by telling me to do EVERYTHING.

The makeup part was just a small example.

They have notes from my phychiatrist, and the coursemanager claims she would like to. (I do not believe this however.)

And the lectures claim that I will be treated the same as they treat me, in a job.

Although I doubt I will be employed in the state of mental health I have.

I do wear makeup to my practical lectures. and I explain things to my lectures.

Archived