Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone gonna send your ex a simple Happy V-day text?

Crazyaboutdogs
    Quote Originally Posted by gee [Register to see the link]
    That's pretty much it for me! I've closed that door already. Opening new ones now.

I would not suggest sending someone a valentine that is with someone else and has moved on. Even if they are broken up they still have moved on.

My ex is now engaged under 1yr of break up (4yr relationship). I will never put myself in that position. She is history to me!!! Last year I sent her a valentine 2 months after our break up and it didn't go so well. So, think about what you do before you do it.

gee
    Whether or not a dumper has found someone else, it is not a good idea to send the dumper a Valentine's acknowledgement. They dumped you so what is the point of acknowledging love when they don't reciprocate.

AlwayzRight
    Wow....is there anyone out there that will tell me I should????......here is the kicker...I still love her and want her back....

BeStrongBeHappy
    Platinum Member BeStrongBeHappy's Avatar
    I wouldn't send a valentine to anyone but close family members or a current love relationship... definitely not to an ex.

I also think you should make the day about loving yourself, and finding ways to get out and meet new people so that next year you'll have your own valentine.

Johnathan
    sh**, even if I did text her saying happy v-day she'd probably think I'm trying to be passive aggressive or something

WomanWriter
    I badly want to contact him on Valentine's Day but I'm hoping to prove (or at least pretend) to him that I'm not as sprung as he thought. He will proably be surprised that I don't but he surely won't contact me (he never even cared about Valentine's Day when we were together).

I'm hoping to have contact sometime in the future and I think this will be premature and blow it.

RougeKali823
    Sure am not-will be busy celebrating.

parlae
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight [Register to see the link]
    Wow....is there anyone out there that will tell me I should????......here is the kicker...I still love her and want her back....
    i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.
    we're just giving you our honest opinions.
    i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.
    if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.
    but it's not my place to do it, ya know?
    even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,
    i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen

RougeKali823
    Quote Originally Posted by parlae [Register to see the link]
    i'm sorry you're not getting the answer you wanted.
    we're just giving you our honest opinions.
    i still love my ex and want him back more than anything, but i'm STILL not sending him a text saying happy valentines day.
    if it makes you feel any better, i have thought about it.
    but it's not my place to do it, ya know?
    even though me and my ex have decided to try and be friends for now..he's the one that broke up with me. what good will it do to say happy valentine's day to someone who left me?

on the other hand,
    i wish HE would send ME a text saying that, lol. but i'm sure it's not gonna happen

Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.

secretness87
    I don't plan on texting my ex either. I already texted him on Jan 1st wishing him a happy new years (which was 4 days after we broke up). If I didn't text him, he probably wouldn't have...so yeah. I'm not initiating anymore.

parlae
    Quote Originally Posted by CmplxDame08 [Register to see the link]
    Might be surprised, my exes always blow up my inbox with happy vday messages-but then I was the dumper-I never respond to them.
    see, that's another reason why i'm not texting my ex Happy Valentine's Day, lol.
    (he was the dumper) he'd probably just ignore me anyway..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Top Threads
Forgive me ENAs, for I have sinned... ex sex
Anybody feel free to comment. Whether you are going to be encouraging, supportive, or chastising. I like to post before I go to therapy then I can
I'm still here, and total, utter, rock bottom happened
I'm sure some of you may be overjoyed with the "I told you so", but things escalated and XBF assaulted me. I went over his house, and she was
Hard to let go!
I have been with my bf for a year and it was a long distance relationship. We met on Twitter and it just clicked like we would talk to each other
5 year relationiship (long distance, highs chool love) ended.
I hate long introductions, so to the point : -Me and her (23 yr both). -High school love -Traveled together a lot -Never broke up for 5
I know why I'm having issues with this now....
I blame myself for everything that went wrong. I was good to her but there were things that I could've done better. I was clingy but she never gave
NC is amazing.
I was dating this girl for 3 years. I am 28 and she is 22 years old. The first 2 years we were at bliss. The whole of last year our relationship took
Finding love again while being "different"
Hi all, First off, I'm not trying to have a pity party. I am proud of ways that I have overcome my difference, which I'll talk about below. I'm

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice