Why is cutting bad?

paranoiac543

You hurt yourself to get rid of pain?

Still doesn't make any sense. It's like breaking your finger so you don't notice the cramp in your leg.

some people smoke, some drink, do other drugs, some don't sleep enough....

so many people so things which are counter-productive

Hii, just wondering why it's so bad for you. I sterilize everything (including my arm) and I use a brand new razor. No one else knows I do it so they can't be hurt by it. And it's winter so i'm always wearing long sleeves. At home i wear my fluffy robe. And I know where my veins are. So..why is it bad?

Will the cutting ever solve the reason you cut, no! As you get older and into a relationship, it is not that easy to hide it from your partner, you may fall in love and find the person you love can't understand or make peace with it, which will at the end lead to a lonely life.

Cutting is a coping skill which do not have any longterm positives, it is more of a quick fix than anything els. On a short term basis it is possible to hide the scares and everything may be in place to take care of your wounds today , but will it always be this way? Ask any smoker if he/she have ever run-out of cigarettes at some point in there life. The answer would be yes, will you always have a "brand new razor". Will you always be a 100% in control of your emotions when you cut and where and how deep you cut? No!

Cutting is a addiction, which with time will only grow stronger if you continue this way. Why not look at ways to stop, it may take time and sometimes it would be sow easy to say, I am alone it will not hurt anyone els but me, is it really true, What about the feelings of the guy ( or anyone who wants to be friends ) who ask you on a date but you decline for you cut and are scared he may see the marks. Didn't you hurt him?

When you do that, you hurt who you are inside. You hurt the blood, muscles, veins, etc that fight for your life everyday.

You are everything to the production facilities within your body, everything. They live and strive for you, always. Think about it, what else do they work so hard for? They depend on you, always.

When you do that, you hurt who you are inside. You hurt the blood, muscles, veins, etc that fight for your life everyday.

You are everything to the production facilities within your body, everything. They live and strive for you, always. Think about it, what else do they work so hard for? They depend on you, always.

Awwwwwwww that is so sad

My skin is probably like ''noooo we love yoouuu! why do you hurt us?''

I'm a former self harmer and I think it's a bad thing to do to yourself, and also when they find out, the people who love you.

I haven't hurt myself for three years, apart from one very minor relapse, and I wish to god I'd never ever done it. I hate that I've disfigured this body that had nothing wrong with it in the first place, I hate the way I almost ruined my relationship with my Mum and made her cry so much. I hate who I was when I used to do it. I look back at her and I just think selfish, stupid child.

It's bad for you because you have one body, one life, one chance to look after it all, enjoy it all; and we try to hurt that, diminish it. It's bad because there are people who have been physically scarred by terrible things they couldn't control, and one day you realize you weren't one of them and it was always in your power to stop doing it but you didn't.

It's so unnatural to want to hurt yourself, I spent far too long actively trying to abuse myself, and tearing up my poor family who didn't know what the hell to do with me, that now I have no sympathy or understanding left for the old me. I was horrible then.

I'm not judging you, or anyone who cuts. I know what it's like, it's just the most horrific kind of self-medication. But it is a bad thing to do to yourself, and I think one day you'll know why.

I started cutting after my GF broke up with me and i wasnt getting any answers as to why. I was alos diagnosed with major depression shortly after that which im sure had alot to do with it.

I dont have many scars and if you didnt know i had done it you might think it was a football injury or something but everytime i look at my arm i truly feel shame for who i was and what i did to myself. Sure the adrenaline rush was great and how i felt in the short term, alive and just knowing hey i can still feel im not dead, but my arm will never be the same and my mom will always ask me if i cut myself when she sees any open wound. (I play football, basketball ect) so these happen alot. But everytime she asks i know its becase she cares but i feel terrible because i remember how much she cried when she found out.

My advice stop now. Go talk to a teacher, friend co worker whatever get someone to help you. I dont regret what i did because it has made me into the person i am today but i wouldnt advise anyone to take my path.

I know a girl that I was really close to for a couple of years who used to cut and save her blood in milk jugs in her closet. Just to see how much she could make herself bleed. She's doing alot better now, but she is so scarred that she will never forget.

Cutting is just like any other addiction. It isn't rational. It isn't understood by everyone. Just like I don't understand why people would do meth, alot of people don't understand why I used to cut. Why I have to be careful when I cut myself shaving or scratch myself, because I fall back into becoming obsessed with the blood. It will be something I always struggle with. Something I'm always fighting.

I can only take it one day at a time.

Hii, just wondering why it's so bad for you. I sterilize everything (including my arm) and I use a brand new razor. No one else knows I do it so they can't be hurt by it. And it's winter so i'm always wearing long sleeves. At home i wear my fluffy robe. And I know where my veins are. So..why is it bad?

I often think the same thing. the only reason I care to stop is so people don't see it. I dread the day I have to explain it all to a new girlfriend...

• 2 weeks later...

its just so hard for me to accept that, i only stop because others are so convinced about it. i like my scars. and i also like new ones. i just cant help but to like it. its nice. pretty, the only negative feelings i have are the feelings from my parents and my sisters.. because they really hurt because of me. but why does that feeling never come truly out of my own heart?

• 3 years later...
You hurt yourself to get rid of pain?

Still doesn't make any sense. It's like breaking your finger so you don't notice the cramp in your leg.

" it's NOTHING like that, cutting helps relieve your anger and depression, don't judge people. many people have different problems, don't be rude."

• 3 months later...

People might know. I have been doing it for about eight years on and off (right now off), and only just found out that both my little brother and best friend knew about it for the whole time. If you can keep a secret why can't those around you. Their secret unlike yours doesn't leave visible marks. I am not one to tell you to stop what ever reason you hurt yourself I am Shore you feel you need it but don't assume nobody knows.

• 2 months later...

Archived