Ask For Advice

Thread: How do you schedule a telephone interview while you are at work ?

CaptainPlanet

How do you schedule a telephone interview while you are at work ?

They scheduled an interview during the day and I said I was not available and requested the day that I had off. They said they couldn't do that and sent in another time that I am working....

How do you get away to take a phone call to sit a phone interview while you are working ? I have no idea how my boss would react to me taking a phone call during work hours, or if I should ask if it is alright, then he says to call them back, then I have to say it is an interview. I don't want them to know that I am looking for another job because I just started, but this other job I am applying for will give me some pretty useful skills that I can state on my resume. Whereas the job I have now might now.

Don't want to go into too much detail for privacy reasons... So what do you think I should do ?

jengh
    Can you take a late or early lunch and do the interview then?

alli
    See if you can find out exactly what time the interview is & request from your current employment to be gone for that time to run a "personal errand". The problem would be if they called early or late, you're screwed.

I would just call in sick that day.

annie24
    can you schedule it during your lunch hour? or like the others said, say you need to go the the 'dentist' or whatever. a little white lie.....

CaptainPlanet

They scheduled it for 2:30... which is too late for lunch. I am in training/orientation so we all have lunch together....

This wouldn't be a problem had I not just started, there is no way I am calling in sick. I'm going to email them back and say that the time they suggested is fine. What I will do is stand up and leave to take the call.

I'll just say that I am expecting an important call at around X time it is personal but I'll only be a few minutes... if that doesn't fly... I am in trouble. haha.

annie24
    can you find somewhere private in your company to talk?

♂(~Radίaηce~)♀
    my co-worker uses the line AT WORK and internet to look for a new jobs when the boss is not around! Ha, If you knew our boss...you wouldn't have sympathy.

shikashika
    Platinum Member
    what about a toilet break?

if it takes to long, when you come back, just say you ate something funny last night and you're not feeling right!

Maybe hold your stomach or something in the morning in preparation!

♂(~Radίaηce~)♀
    Quote Originally Posted by shikashika [Register to see the link]
    what about a toilet break?

if it takes to long, when you come back, just say you ate something funny last night and you're not feeling right!

Maybe hold your stomach or something in the morning in preparation!
    luuuuuuuv it! The bathroom only has one working stall and is the only place my boss doesn't have a camera...

Top Threads
I am finding my way!
Okay life is improving and I am one happy lady! Today I received an offer for a job that I'm excited about, and they are excited to have me join on
Feel like I can't find my way
I'm no longer working since school is over. After the semester ends you can no longer work anymore. I don't have much money to move out of my college
To apply with residency or without residency?
Hi. I have decided to get my masters. I have found the program I'd like to attend. It offers an online and an in person program. The University

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice