Going from Friend Zone to More? (long - sorry!)

willybaby87

I've been friends with this really great guy for a little over a year. We met back when we had a class together but hadn't talked as much as we do now (as we have two classes together). He walks me to my classes, even though his next class is half way accross campus and usually stays until my class is about to start before leaving. Every time we leave each other, we hug. Sometimes it lingers, sometimes it just a quick hug. When we are in classes together, he always gets there before me and saves me a seat - calling me over when I walk through the door.

Whenever I tell him I'm going to study in the library, he'll come around to pick me up, even though I've never asked him to do so. I usually stay until closing because there are less people the later I stay and I can get more work done but the downside is that it's really dark outside and as a girl, walking home isn't the brightest ideas. I only live about a ten minute walk whereas he lives about a 15 minute drive away from the library.

We talk online a lot, but I'm the only always instant messaging him. He's only messaged me about three times but every time I've messaged him we've talked for hours - sometimes on the phone as well. He keeps telling me we should get together and do something, like go out for ice cream, watch a movie, or go bowling (we both love bowling). I tell him I'd love to but we've never made solid plans.

A few nights ago, I asked him if he wanted to go see a movie with a mutual friend and her boyfriend and he had said yes initially. Later on he said he couldn't go as he forgot that he made plans with his other friends but that he'd love to go another time if I wanted to.We never talk about other girls or guys, but our conversation never seems to float to anything about our personal life. It's always stayed to the news, what we like doing, our love of movies, or what we did over the weekend.

Tomorrow I plan on bringing him some Oreo cookies, his favorite and I picked up some Valentine's Day ones the last time I was at the store. Is this a good idea? What do you think I should do to show that I'm interested in him? Is he interested in me, or just thinks of me as a good friend?

Archived