LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: This is making me crazy.

Originally Posted by Rose21
    i know he has his own life, and i don't set schedles and demands.

But then, falling asleep is also unlikely. he always calls me before he goes to bed.
    Guess what?
    Things don't always go as planned, and you need to realize that.

You talk and say ALWAYS alot. That nothing EVER can go wrong because you or him ALWAYS do it.

You need to lose that mindset, thats what gets you going all the time..that one of you stray from being perfect.

Rose, not everyone is always attacking you all the time. you made the same thread once before and it turned out to be nothing. you said you wanted to work on being self-centered but this doesn't appear to be wokring on it. take some time and relax and try to work on it.
    Last edited by hers; 02-01-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    What went so bad about today?

Maybe you can talk about that and take your mind off things for a while by talking about it here. That way, when your boyfriend calls, you'll be in a better mood.

Or, if you don't want to talk about it, pop in your favourite movie, bake some cookies, read a good book, read some online comics (I know of some really great ones). Make the day better by doing something fun and out of the ordinary. Then, you can tell your boyfriend all about it. It'll lead to better and happier conversations.

Rose

I have a feeling that if you hold him on a short leash like this, you'll stand a good chance of losing him...Think about that.

Being this insecure is not good for your relationship, maybe try looking into that, and no, I'm not trying to be harsh.

Take care...

Platinum Member
    Rose, I suspect he fell asleep as well. He may always call you before he goes to sleep, but that's when he intentionally goes to sleep. If he was reading homework or something and dozed off, he wouldn't have called you first.

My boyfriend has fallen asleep before even though he knew I'd likely be calling. He was tired, so he fell asleep. I called him once, left a message, then did something else until he called me back.

I assure you, there's no reason to fret.

7. 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM

Didn't you say he was sick/recovering?

I would chalk it up to sickness. School takes a lot out of people. Heck, my guy fals asleep at his desk for no real reason.

Platinum Member
    Like someone else mentioned, 99% it's likely nothing, so try to relax!! I used to feel the same way with my boyfriend in the beginning when he wouldn't answer or text back because it wasn't like him, I used to come up with these crazy scenarios and EVERY SINGLE time it turned out I made a big deal over nothing, everything was perfectly fine, so please...just try to relax and remind yourself that it's probably as little as something like him being sleeping, or having his phone on vibrate so he can't hear it, something like that. Try to keep your mind busy with something else in the meantime and you won't even notice the time pass before he calls you back.

Platinum Member
    I would stop "trying" to work on your selfish reactions to your emotions and instead actually act in an unselfish way (which if you haven't called him again, you are succeeding - keep up the good work).

and, weirdly enough, calling someone over and over actually makes people NOT want to talk to you.

I know that when my mom calls me 7 times in one day (it's happened many many times. The record is 24), I just don't even want to deal with it at a certain point.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by debaser_wolf
    and, weirdly enough, calling someone over and over actually makes people NOT want to talk to you.

I know that when my mom calls me 7 times in one day (it's happened many many times. The record is 24), I just don't even want to deal with it at a certain point.
    Yeah, it becomes irritating after a certain point. It's like, "Let me breathe!" It won't do anything but drive the person away.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice