This is making me crazy.

Rose21

I told my boyfriend I was going to go eat dinner and i'd call him right after. He knows it doesn't take me long to eat. So I called him after and he didn't answer, no biggie.

Except that I've been trying to get ahold of him for over an hour and a half and he's not answering! I don't understand it. If he was going to go do something, he would of told me.

This is making me mad. I've had a REALLY bad day today. Like awful, I had a break down.

And this is NOT helping. Expecially since I'm not a patient person in the least.

Advice?

I have a huge migraine and I'm so on edge.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remind yourself as many times as possible that he has a life, he is his own person, and unless there is some urgent reason you need to speak with him now as opposed to later or tomorrow, he is entitled to time to himself, or time to talk to others, or whatever it is he feels like doing. He doesn't need to live by your schedule. Remind yourself that you promised to work on how you react to your emotions. This is one of those times your promise to do that is being tested. If you care about him you will stop calling and contacting him and let him call you back when he wants to call you back and not a minute earlier.

Well all he has is a cellphone so yeah. And that has happened before, but he KNOWS I was going to call him after dinner. And it's been nearly 2 hrs since I've heard from him.

If it was on vibrate, he would of checked if by now to see if i had called.

I also agree with Bataya but it is so damn hard. I don't know anything else I could do that would take my mind off all of this worrying.

I'm posting this so I don't try to call anymore.

Once again - if you care for him - if you love him as you post over and over again - then show that love by being other-centered and giving him the space to call you when he feels like it. It is irrelevant whether you are mad and worried because you can choose not to act on those feelings. Rationally, you know there is nothing to worry about as far as his safety. You also are not entitled to be mad just because you told him when you would call him - what if in the meanwhile he decided he wanted to read a good book for a few hours or contemplate his belly button? Is he on such a short leash?

I'll try, but he better have a good reason why he couldn't pick up his phone.

I ALWAYS answer my phone. And If im going to a place where I wont be able to talk or I'm with friends, i'll text him and give him a heads up.

He always does that.

Nah he's not doing that.

He was at something all day, a budget meeting. and then he got food and ate it at his dorm, and then he said he was just going to relax in his dorm the rest of the night.

And I said I'd call him when I was done with dinner.

Archived