Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 LastLast

Thread: This is making me crazy.

I think these threads get long because half of them are on some discussion of why somebody shoudln't have said somethign to Rose But ironically the people having that conversation on each thread keep changing! So it is like the same movie, with new visiting characters each time..

Like I said before, I personally think there's a nastiness going on with some of the replies to Rose's threads - I read a lot of them when I was off sick, and sometimes it almost feels like mobbing. She gets criticised for stuff she's not even posting about, it's not a very nice vibe. I think if someone irritates you that much, then back off. Some of the replies feel very passive-aggressive, and it made me uncomfortable when I read a lot of her old threads. It's not a great dynamic, no matter how people dress it up.

Just my thoughts....and not singling any one in particular, it's kind of a mob thing. For some reason, Rose gets people going here, and she cops for a LOT of criticism about topics she's not seeking advice about.

Platinum Member midnightrambler's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    Well I didn't mean that.

I meant, just because someone is basing their opinion of me upon posts from me, doesn't mean that it's me.

There's a whole lot more then that.
    i am looking forward to seeing that Rose

I didn't have time to read ALL of the posts, but Rose...and not to be nosey or anything...did you find out why your bf didn't return your call? Just out of curiosity, and if you did find out, how do you feel about the entire situation now and how it could have been handled?

Yeah I found out why he didn't return it.

He was doing english homework, and he said his phone got turned to silent when he left class. He was caught up in the english homework and wasn't keeping track of time (he does that) and when I called he didn't here the phone.

Finally, he checked the phone and saw I called, that's when he called me back and he apologized.

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    Yeah I found out why he didn't return it.

He was doing english homework, and he said his phone got turned to silent when he left class. He was caught up in the english homework and wasn't keeping track of time (he does that) and when I called he didn't here the phone.

Finally, he checked the phone and saw I called, that's when he called me back and he apologized.
    And you won't freak out next time?

No. Since 9/10 of ten times there has been a logical explanation.

Platinum Member
    But some posters reply to the thread and then nag about the subject and why the thread is still going on!
    I think if someone irritates you that much, then back off. Some of the replies feel very passive-aggressive, and it made me uncomfortable when I read a lot of her old threads.
    Yes, the problem is not that people respond or don't. The problem is when people respond and then get defensive or frustrated about the OP not taking their advice or perceiving the OP is not listening to them.

The OP has a right to start a thread. Everyone has a right to respond. But no one is under any obligation to either respond to responses and/or accept the advice.

My advice would be, if you are getting frustrated or feel you aren't getting through, bail out.

I don't and never have had any problem with people giving advice that may either be not popular or what the OP want to hear.

^^^ Does that mean I have a right to not take that advice? LOL just kidding

Platinum Member
    ^^^ Does that mean I have a right to not take that advice?
    No. The exception is advice from a mod because we are all wise and powerful.

But advice from everyone else feel free to take or leave!

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice