Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 246

Thread: This is making me crazy.

  1. #221
    la'isla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canadian
    Posts
    2,295
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by melrich
    Well if that is the only thing you get out of this thread then it is a good thing. As much as everyone has a right to decide how much identifying information they want out there, less is always better in my view. Once you leave a trail on the WWW it will always be there in one form or another and you just never know in future how that may come back to you.
    i agree. that's a good step rose. when i commented on you i wasn't putting you down. i was trying to get you to think of it through his eyes. like, just because he is not reading your messages does not mean it can't be disrespectful. but the fact that your profile is private is giving him some of that peace & anonymity back.

  2. #222
    JadedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On a star far, far away...
    Posts
    16,125
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    And although you may know "me" based on the posts I write here, that doesn't mean anyone is entitled to an opinion that really relates to ME. .
    Well on that i disagree. EVeryone is entitled to form an opinion of you when you post threads...just like they can have an opinion of me, or anyone else here. You can't control anyone's opinions of you no more than anyone else can control other people's opinons about them.

  3. #223

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,996
    Gender
    Female
    Well I didn't mean that.

    I meant, just because someone is basing their opinion of me upon posts from me, doesn't mean that it's me.

    There's a whole lot more then that.

  4. #224

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,927
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by melrich
    Because she wants to start a thread.

    If no one replies it becomes the same thing as a personal journal. But people seem to want to reply. She is just leaving that option open.
    I agree, if you don't like the threads just don't answer!

  5.  

  6. #225

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,996
    Gender
    Female
    Thanks. That's also my point of view.

  7. #226
    JadedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On a star far, far away...
    Posts
    16,125
    Originally Posted by worriedgirl
    I agree, if you don't like the threads just don't answer!
    I don't agree. It isn't about 'not liking a thread'. It is more about if it is a topic that is on the top of the page, or anywhere on the forum, a person has a right to respond even if the response is not one in agreement. That is what makes a forum interactive. Some threads I respond to i absolutely agree with the OP and will give my statements to support that. If I don't agree, I will also give statements that support why I don't.

    I don't understand that whole "if you don't like a thread don't respond'. IT is rarely about a person not liking a thread. They might have an opinion they would LIKE to interject that just doesn't happen to go with the flow or is an opposing view. A forum would cease to exist if contrary opinions were not allowed.

    If i don't agree with a topic, I still might like to post my thoughts on it...but I will keep it in line and within the rules. I see mods and members do that, so I am sure it is ok.

    I post on Rose's threads sometimes because they get a lot of traffic and more dialogue seems to be going on, and sometimes I ring in my thoughts....that is what forums are about. I like to think I have given her a lot of food for thought even tho it was not always in support of her original stance. I think Rose has learned a TON from those opposing views (not just mine, all of them), so no, I don't agree with the whole "just don't post" mindset.

    The only reason Rose gets a lot of responses is because she creates a lot of threads. It is a sheer numbers game...those people here who create the most threads always get the most responses.
    Last edited by JadedStar; 02-05-2009 at 01:28 AM.

  8. #227
    la'isla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canadian
    Posts
    2,295
    Gender
    Female
    my spidey sense is tingling...i feel the "this thread has run its course" comment coming up soon....

  9. #228

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,996
    Gender
    Female
    Haha. Funny.

  10. #229

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,996
    Gender
    Female
    Wow I just realized how long this actually was!

    227 and growing? Geeeeze

  11. #230

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,927
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by JadedStar
    I don't agree. It isn't about 'not liking a thread'. It is more about if it is a topic that is on the top of the page, or anywhere on the forum, a person has a right to respond even if the response is not one in agreement. That is what makes a forum interactive. Some threads I respond to i absolutely agree with the OP and will give my statements to support that. If I don't agree, I will also give statements that support why I don't.
    Well this might not be the case for you, you want to help rose so you give your comments and probably enjoy the threads to a degree. But some posters reply to the thread and then nag about the subject and why the thread is still going on! My point is if you don't like the fact that her threads tends to get heavy, if you think this subject has been on forever and getting repeated, Don't contribute to it in the first place so that it doesn't get this long. Rose was given similar advice again and again, personally I would not bother posting again if I said my opinion once, I think it is better to put your energy and time helping some members that are in "need help" section rather than one person that has already been enlightened by most members.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •