Cat biting..any help?

Airguitarher

My cat, he bites and scratches us. Hes about 10 or 11 months old and will not learn. Everyhitng else he stops when punished, but he will not stop scratching and biting, we'll just be walking accross the room and he will come from out of nowhere and grab onto our leg or jump up and grab onto our arms and hands. also we'll can just be sitting there watching tv and he'll jump up and bite us, hard enough to leave marks and somtimes draw blood. We have tried everything, spray bottle, lite bops on the head, we even tried putting him in his carrier cage that he hates. Those methods worked for everyhitng else, he was no trouble littre training, dosent scratch anything hes not suppose to but us, when he does do somehitng wrong one time punishment works. Its not thats he not friendly he is to everyone even new people. hell lbe fine sittin gin my lap loving and rubbing on me getting scratched then he just like staps.

We are out of ideas on what to do. We havent had him fixed yet, not sure if that will help or what. He is giant for his age and he can jump up above my head, hes done it after his littel fuzzy and im 5'5, we think he may have a bit of some kinda of "wild: cat in him but not for sure.

any advice would be wonderful

First off, get him neutered ASAP. Unaltered cats have hormones running crazy in their bodies. He may be especially rough if he scents or feels a female in heat outside somewhere. It sounds as though he is playing, but doing it roughly. This roughness will ease as he matures, but having him neutered will calm it down alot. It usually takes about 10 days or so after neutering for their hormones to level out.

Definitely second the neutering. That will chill him out quite a bit.

Also, Cairo bit and attacked up until she was about a year old. I don't know what it was, but she was a little brat when she'd get playful. I'd just yell at her, tell her NO...and then ignore her for awhile (that really bothered her). She grew out of it.

Cats go thru a crazy stage when they're teenagers. Mine would hide, then run out of nowhere and grab my ankles and bite and dig her claws in, then run off again before i could grab her. It their form of play/hunting practice, and they do usually grow out of it and calm down, just like humans do.

But definitely get him neutered.

Archived