Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shy guy does to show interest in a girl(List of signs)

Originally Posted by shygal2008
    I know when someone is super shy they tend to have an issuewith talking on the phone and soetimes emailing as well. Especially if it s nervous and anxious guy who is inexperienced. For some reason having to reply or call someone is sometimes a very diffiuclt thing..not sure why though.

Fear of looking awkward or silly?
    Spot on again.

When I was around 16 I texted a girl I had the biggest crush on to go out with me. When we met I couldn't even talk to her, I was frozen with fear. It didn't help her best friend came along.

A year later I thought i had recovered so did the same with another girl. I ahdn't learned my lesson. She rejected me and I felt extremely embarrassed. From then on I don't like talking on the phone, on msn texting, or anything like that.

If I can't communicate face to face with someone, i wont talk to them at all.

like shy guys?

Wow. I always thought that girls were like never into shy guys. hmm. tell me more please! Are a lot of girls like that? r shy guys as unnoticed as they think they are?

Originally Posted by iforgot87871
    Wow. I always thought that girls were like never into shy guys. hmm. tell me more please! Are a lot of girls like that? r shy guys as unnoticed as they think they are?
    There are a lot of attractive shy guys out there. Shyness is one of MANY attributes that make up a person, right? So though some shy men and woman may see themselves as faulty in some way because of their shyness, it is important to realize they probably have a lot of other things that make them attractive.

So sure, girls can be attracted to shy guys, not necessarily because they're shy per say, but maybe because of other things: their smile, the way they carry themselves, their manners... there are a lot of little things that make up a first impression.

This is a biggy but subtle one from yesterday.

If he strategically positions himself so that you'd be sitting next to each other, even if he doesn't talk to you, he's interested in you.

My current BF was shy, I had no idea he was interested despite a couple months of working together and so on... he finally screwed up his courage and kissed me on the cheek before running away after a business meeting. (well, after a happy hour after a business meeting) Then we fought about it a couple days later, LOL... because I thought it was him having a few drinks too many and didn't want him to get in trouble, so I said, "these things happen". He then started shouting that he doesn't kiss people unless he means it and then it all kind of sunk in. Kind of funny looking back at it.

I will break this down as to how I interpret these behaviors.

1. Looks at you when you are not looking (looks away when you look at him)
    Lack of confidence, insecurity

2. Doesn't talk to you when with your friends
    Again insecurity

3. When trying to initiate converstaion, asks dead end questions -

e.g "Did you do your homework?" instead of "How did you get on with your homework?"

Uninteresting

4. Ignores you -

This is the most misinterpereted. If he completely ignores you in a public setting he likes you.
    If he converses with you and politly excuses himself in a hurry with no real reason he doesn't like you.
    Manipulative

5. If he puts you on the spot when conversing with his friends he likes you.

Manipulative

6. If you flirt with each other via text/ msn etc frequently and you agree to go on a date and he suddenly stops texting/msn'ing he is too shy/scared or broke. He still likes you but will be embaressed from then on.
    Insecure, manipulative

7. If he flirts with you via eye contact, you approach him and he says very little but has no intention of ending the converstation, he likes you.
    Uninteresting

8. If he has known you for a long period of time and is now randomly initiating conversation with you when it is not required (ie. group work in school etc), he likes you.
    When is conversation required?

9. If you casually mention your boyfriend and he takes longer than usual to reply or add on to the conversation, he likes you.
    Insecure

10. If you think you are polar opposites and he keeps initiating conversation with you, he likes you.
    This one doesn't bother me.

11. If he acts different towards you than anybody else, even guys lol, he likes you.
    This applies in most circumstances to all people

How do you let him know to make a move:

1. Give a subtle/cheeky smile and a quick/little wave - if he doesn't act on it he is definitely not interested

2. Ask of his future plans (ie. for the weekend etc) and when he is free. If he responds using the word "nothing", he is interested. All you have to say is "me too" with an awkward silence after, he should ask you out.

3. Initiate conversation when no other friends are around. With no pressure he should talk freely. A simple "Hey. It's freezing/roasting today isn't it?" should do the trick.
    The man should be the initiator, in the situation. He shouldn't wait for a woman's approval.

You should also know:

1. Shy guys don't reject girls harshly, we would rather make up a polite excuse as to why we would not go out with her.
    Lying

Why would anyone find these qualities attractive?

Man, this sounds exactly like me and the shy guy I'm dating... haha it's so awkward sometimes when neither of can say anything at all, but don't want to leave or hang up!

Originally Posted by DaBladeRoden
    This is a biggy but subtle one from yesterday.

If he strategically positions himself so that you'd be sitting next to each other, even if he doesn't talk to you, he's interested in you.
    that one is huge.

Originally Posted by shygal2008
    I know when someone is super shy they tend to have an issuewith talking on the phone and soetimes emailing as well. Especially if it s nervous and anxious guy who is inexperienced. For some reason having to reply or call someone is sometimes a very diffiuclt thing..not sure why though.

Fear of looking awkward or silly?
    it'll sometimes take me a minute or two to get up the courage to press the "send" button on a text message or email, even if it is just a simple question. I'm just embarrassed by what I'm saying/doing/asking sometimes and I have no idea why.

totally agree with the "cuuuuuute!!" comment though. He's absolutely adorable. I just wish I weren't so shy as well.
    Last edited by whes; 01-27-2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: to = two

here's a question, when you know a shy guy is interested, what will make him feel more at ease with you and get him to open up more?

Originally Posted by whes
    here's a question, when you know a shy guy is interested, what will make him feel more at ease with you and get him to open up more?
    I think letting him know that you sometimes feel shy too will make him feel more in kindred spirits and at ease. Like when you said this line.

it'll sometimes take me a minute or to to get up the courage to press the "send" button on a text message or email, even if it is just a simple question. I'm just embarrassed by what I'm saying/doing/asking sometimes and I have no idea why.

Originally Posted by whes
    Just talk to him... and if the situation permits itself get him to do some sort of contact sport... A little one on one basketball works great. It puts him in a strange positon because he doesn't won't to play rough, your a girl. He's not really interested in the game and therfore isn't focusing on trying to win. But once you have more points than him that natural male instinct begins to come out. He's not about to lose to a girl so now he has to cover your moves more closely that means he has to get closer. Now he's caught in the uneasy position for he wants to touch you but doesn't know how but the game of basketball forces him to have to cover your shots and that means touching. It also means having to look one another in the eye.... O well just try it you'd be amazed how well it works...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice