I previously posted this thread in the "Dating" section, this forum seems more appropriate.
I found this site a couple weeks ago and decided to sign up. So for my first post................
I see the same threads being made daily with the topic along the lines of "When a guy [insert action] what does it mean?". Being a shy guy myself I'm going to explain what some of our actions towards a potential date/girlfriend/ or crush mean.
If a shy guy does the following he definitely have a crush on you:
1. Looks at you when you are not looking (looks away when you look at him)
2. Doesn't talk to you when with your friends
3. When trying to initiate converstaion, asks dead end questions -
e.g "Did you do your homework?" instead of "How did you get on with your homework?"
4. Ignores you -
This is the most misinterpereted. If he completely ignores you in a public setting he likes you.
If he converses with you and politly excuses himself in a hurry with no real reason he doesn't like you.
5. If he puts you on the spot when conversing with his friends he likes you.
6. If you flirt with each other via text/ msn etc frequently and you agree to go on a date and he suddenly stops texting/msn'ing he is too shy/scared or broke. He still likes you but will be embaressed from then on.
7. If he flirts with you via eye contact, you approach him and he says very little but has no intention of ending the converstation, he likes you.
8. If he has known you for a long period of time and is now randomly initiating conversation with you when it is not required (ie. group work in school etc), he likes you.
9. If you casually mention your boyfriend and he takes longer than usual to reply or add on to the conversation, he likes you.
10. If you think you are polar opposites and he keeps initiating conversation with you, he likes you.
11. If he acts different towards you than anybody else, even guys lol, he likes you.
How do you let him know to make a move:
1. Give a subtle/cheeky smile and a quick/little wave - if he doesn't act on it he is definitely not interested
2. Ask of his future plans (ie. for the weekend etc) and when he is free. If he responds using the word "nothing", he is interested. All you have to say is "me too" with an awkward silence after, he should ask you out.
3. Initiate conversation when no other friends are around. With no pressure he should talk freely. A simple "Hey. It's freezing/roasting today isn't it?" should do the trick.
You should also know:
1. Shy guys don't reject girls harshly, we would rather make up a polite excuse as to why we would not go out with her.
So to conclude, I hope this helps girls that are unsure about us. The best advice I can give is approach us when there are no peers around.