LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 864 of 864 FirstFirst ... 861862863864
Results 8,631 to 8,633 of 8633

Thread: Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

I moved to a new apartment this week. It's been exhausting - the packing and the moving and the unpacking. But today, I came home and parked in front of my complex while unloading my groceries and there was a young man, strangling his girlfriend right outside the main doors. I confronted him, told him to stop, this was not ok. he yelled at me that this was his girlfriend, and to mind my own business. I was so angry. I was watching them while I was unloading my car and getting the cart. I told security and she laughed it off, said this is typical for them. :o If I see them again, I will call the police. This guy is such scum, strangling his girlfriend, she is half his size (not that it is ok even if they are the same size). I emailed my apartment management company, and they seem to be taking it more seriously than the security person, said they will review the video tapes to see if they know who it is.

I called a domestic violence hotline for tips for what to do if I see this again. They also told me that once strangulation is involved, the chances he will murder her increase 7 times. :o

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    I moved to a new apartment this week. It's been exhausting - the packing and the moving and the unpacking. But today, I came home and parked in front of my complex while unloading my groceries and there was a young man, strangling his girlfriend right outside the main doors. I confronted him, told him to stop, this was not ok. he yelled at me that this was his girlfriend, and to mind my own business. I was so angry. I was watching them while I was unloading my car and getting the cart. I told security and she laughed it off, said this is typical for them. :o If I see them again, I will call the police. This guy is such scum, strangling his girlfriend, she is half his size (not that it is ok even if they are the same size). I emailed my apartment management company, and they seem to be taking it more seriously than the security person, said they will review the video tapes to see if they know who it is.

I called a domestic violence hotline for tips for what to do if I see this again. They also told me that once strangulation is involved, the chances he will murder her increase 7 times. :o
    Oh my goodness! I am so glad they are going to review the tapes!

What an idiot security person.Sheesh!

The owner can do an emergency eviction from the tapes, but sadly the girlfriend might not wish to press charges and file a restraining order.

So scary, though! What a terrible situation at your new home.

Please be careful, yourself, in case he has any ideas of retaliation.

Platinum Member
    I'm so glad you called and hopefully he doesn't remember your face. I had to call the police in a similar situation last week -public verbal fight with threats of gun violence, public transportation bus driver and transportation workers refused to do anything. I'm really sorry you had to witness this!

Page 864 of 864 FirstFirst ... 861862863864

Give Advice
Ask For Advice