LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 864 of 864 FirstFirst ... 861862863864
Results 8,631 to 8,637 of 8637

Thread: Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

I moved to a new apartment this week. It's been exhausting - the packing and the moving and the unpacking. But today, I came home and parked in front of my complex while unloading my groceries and there was a young man, strangling his girlfriend right outside the main doors. I confronted him, told him to stop, this was not ok. he yelled at me that this was his girlfriend, and to mind my own business. I was so angry. I was watching them while I was unloading my car and getting the cart. I told security and she laughed it off, said this is typical for them. :o If I see them again, I will call the police. This guy is such scum, strangling his girlfriend, she is half his size (not that it is ok even if they are the same size). I emailed my apartment management company, and they seem to be taking it more seriously than the security person, said they will review the video tapes to see if they know who it is.

I called a domestic violence hotline for tips for what to do if I see this again. They also told me that once strangulation is involved, the chances he will murder her increase 7 times. :o

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    I moved to a new apartment this week. It's been exhausting - the packing and the moving and the unpacking. But today, I came home and parked in front of my complex while unloading my groceries and there was a young man, strangling his girlfriend right outside the main doors. I confronted him, told him to stop, this was not ok. he yelled at me that this was his girlfriend, and to mind my own business. I was so angry. I was watching them while I was unloading my car and getting the cart. I told security and she laughed it off, said this is typical for them. :o If I see them again, I will call the police. This guy is such scum, strangling his girlfriend, she is half his size (not that it is ok even if they are the same size). I emailed my apartment management company, and they seem to be taking it more seriously than the security person, said they will review the video tapes to see if they know who it is.

I called a domestic violence hotline for tips for what to do if I see this again. They also told me that once strangulation is involved, the chances he will murder her increase 7 times. :o
    Oh my goodness! I am so glad they are going to review the tapes!

What an idiot security person.Sheesh!

The owner can do an emergency eviction from the tapes, but sadly the girlfriend might not wish to press charges and file a restraining order.

So scary, though! What a terrible situation at your new home.

Please be careful, yourself, in case he has any ideas of retaliation.

Platinum Member
    I'm so glad you called and hopefully he doesn't remember your face. I had to call the police in a similar situation last week -public verbal fight with threats of gun violence, public transportation bus driver and transportation workers refused to do anything. I'm really sorry you had to witness this!

oh yikes, I haven't updated in forever. No real updates. I've been beyond busy with work and now fostering another cat. My allergies are ok so far. I got him because I saw some mice in my new place and thought a temp foster would help. He's a useless cat though. No mouse catching, just snoozing on the couch. After a life of being a street cat, you can tell he is enjoying the indoor life. I spend time with friends, including guys, but no chemistry or romance, just friendship. That's ok, I barely have a moment of rest these days. I had to work everyday and I had, I don't know, a terrible cold or the flu but it was awful.

I went to a birthday party last night for a friend and saw two pretty opposite love/dating stories. One woman at the party is a single mom of two teens, her husband passed away last year. She's trying out online dating and she has been corresponding with a rich doctor. He lives about 20 miles away from her. He suggested they get dinner and he texted her to see if she was going to spend the night at his place after dinner. She was like, "that's kind of presumptuous for a first date." He said it was because he didn't want her to drink and drive, and she said she would have max two drinks with dinner so she would be ok to drive home. And she hasn't heard from him since. Such a shame, she seems like a nice lady, a widow, and has to deal with this crap. I'm sure lots of other women would go for it, and I'm sure the doctor knows that as well.

On the other hand, the birthday "girl" (she's in her 50s, lol), told me in the kitchen that her husband told her earlier in the day he hasn't gotten her a present yet but he would. Her real birthday was actually last week and she sounded really disappointed. I asked if she was mad at him, she said no (he had done a ton of cooking and cleaning for her party). But she was disappointed. Anyway, she opened all of her presents and at the very end, he came up from the basement with a bag and a card. It was a very sweet card with lots of lovely sentiments for his wife. She opened the bag, inside was a little box, and inside that was a beautiful ring. They don't have much money so I know he must have saved a long time for this beautiful ring. We all started crying. It was really sweet to see that kind of love between them.

Platinum Member
    Oh those stories!!! I'm so so sorry about your cold and glad you're feeling better!

How are you all doing in lockdown?? I'm doing ok. I'm working from home, having meetings and phone calls and emails. That part is pretty normal. We're going to have a work happy hour from home, cameras on soon. (Most of our meetings are currently cameras off). I feel lucky that I have a job I can do more or less from home. Most customers do not want us there, so I'm communicating with them through email or calls. I hope we do not get laid off. They are telling us no one is getting laid off, but I'm still nervous, their tune may change in 3 months.

At home, my place is quite clean. I need to organize office papers better. I have a good deal of food, I also get a meal delivery service, so I have fresh food too. I don't think I'm sick, but I get paranoid whenever I have a slight sore throat or a sneeze. It's allergy season too though. I've delivered food and meds to a friend who is potentially sick (she'll find out in a few days). I'm giving rides to people without cars to the store. My manicurist is in a tough spot - she and her husband are not working not (he works in a restaurant). I went over to her house yesterday to bring her some groceries and get my nails done. I know we're supposed to be socially distancing, but at the same time, they're getting 0 income. If I can help out, even a little, I'll try. She's having a few select clients at her place.

I have an acquaintance who is a doctor in Italy. She is completely exhausted, I read her facebook posts and I feel so bad. I wish I could help more.

Platinum Member
    Doing ok just finding Facebook to be more of a curse than a blessing today with all the fear mongering posts and "stay at home" wanting people to be shut ins. Shut ins is terrible for mental health -like for my 85 year old mom who lives alone in a big city -thank goodness she's taking her solitary walks. Even the stay at home states are fine with solitary walks. She'd really suffer mentally and physically if she couldn't leave her apartment. As would I. We're working from home, and school is closed and we're socially distancing and doing our very best. I'm doing some virtual volunteering too. Our jobs seem secure. I will run out of TP and paper towels but not for a few weeks so I'm just gearing up to look for places to replenish. I'm glad you're ok and I feel you about sneezing -I did my power walk outside alone and at dawn it was colder than I realized so I sneezed -ahhhh! I feel really well as do my husband and son. Fingers crossed.

Page 864 of 864 FirstFirst ... 861862863864

Give Advice
Ask For Advice