Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 862 of 862 FirstFirst ... 859860861862
Results 8,611 to 8,617 of 8617

Thread: Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    Something that's challenging is that I have to communicate bad news sometimes to people, and that is not the fun part. Some people handle it better than others. Sometimes I have to tell people that they are doing something incorrectly and they really don't want to hear it. :/ Others take it pretty well and make the necessary adjustments.
    Sometimes you're lucky and if you have repeat players you learn how best to communicate the "bad news" to each one.

Not much on the dating front, I should probably rename my journal. Iíve been spending a lot of time with a male friend lately. Heís very sweet and kind, heís a really good guy. Iím not religious but I know he is. He actually told me he was in the seminary and dropped out when he realized it wasnít for him. But it sounds like he definitely needs a religious girl, not me. Heís single and looking, but said he got off the apps recently because it wasnít really working out for him.

And of course, who sends me a linked in request right now besides Bus Boy, the guy I fell crazy for 10 years ago. Go back a few hundred pages in this journal. I blocked him on Facebook because it was just too painful getting breadcrumbs from him. Now he wants to connect on LinkedIn. Whyyyyyyy?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    Not much on the dating front, I should probably rename my journal. Iíve been spending a lot of time with a male friend lately. Heís very sweet and kind, heís a really good guy. Iím not religious but I know he is. He actually told me he was in the seminary and dropped out when he realized it wasnít for him. But it sounds like he definitely needs a religious girl, not me. Heís single and looking, but said he got off the apps recently because it wasnít really working out for him.

And of course, who sends me a linked in request right now besides Bus Boy, the guy I fell crazy for 10 years ago. Go back a few hundred pages in this journal. I blocked him on Facebook because it was just too painful getting breadcrumbs from him. Now he wants to connect on LinkedIn. Whyyyyyyy?
    Just fyi I clicked on my ex's linkedin completely by accident. He came up as a suggestion among other suggestions and I thought I clicked on a different one, not his. He accepted and we never communicated about it. I didn't unlink because it's not like there's bad blood, just awkward!

I would rather it be a mistake than a real request. Weíre not really in the same field so there is no need to network. Plus, it just took me too long to get over him, I donít want to open old wounds.

Oh man, I have 2 unsuccessful dating updates to share in one weekend!!

Friday: I have a friend, I'll call him Simon. Simon is a guy in my friend group, he's nice, single, but there's never been any romantic chemistry between us. For a variety of reasons, I don't think we would be a good match, but as a friend, he's a good and reliable guy. Anyway, my coworker thinks he likes me because Simon wants to hang out and just texts me to see how I'm doing. My coworker is like, "guys don't do that unless they like a girl." I'm like, "no, simon and I are just friends." Anyway, Simon asked me if I wanted to go and get dinner together and walk around the night market. I thought that sounded very date like but whatever, I said yes. Then he texts and asks if I mind his coworker Helen comes too? I thought "totally not a date." I said no problem, invite Helen. He then tells me that Helen can't make is so it's just us two over dinner. Simon and I meet for dinner and over dinner, he tells me that he met someone new on Bumble, I'll call her Krissy. He's texting Krissy to ask her to meet us at the night market. I offer to leave after dinner so he can spend time with Krissy alone. He says no, he wants her to meet his friends and make sure everyone gets along. So Krissy meets up with us, she's nice, whatever. I don't know if she was confused by what I was doing there. Anyway, we walk around the market for about half an hour, then I say I'm tired (true) and go home, they say bye, continue their night. That was a bit odd, but whatever.

Saturday (today): An old FWB contacted me this week. Said he wanted to see me. It's been a long time since I have seen him, we haven't talked in a long time, and it's been a while since I had any "fun time" so I said sure. I drove over to his place today, we sat and chatted, caught up for a while. Had fun time, took a break, he talked a bit about a girl he really liked who rejected him (or appears to have, I suggested he should text her - not at that very moment I was there, but you know, maybe try to follow up with her). Anyway, a bit more fun time but then after he started going on a pretty long political rant. He's putting on his clothes and talking, I'm just sitting there in bed for like 20-30 minutes listening to his whole monologue on politics and social issues and race and gender and etc.... We have total opposite views on all these topics but I'm just listening to him. As it goes on, I'm just becoming more and more uncomfortable because he's clearly wanting a political debate, and like I'm not here for that. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable. He wanted to hear my rebuttal and I'm like, 'uh, you've covered a lot of topics there.' I just am not there to get into all of that, I mean, I was listening but the ranting.... it reminded me of Logan - even though Logan and I were pretty same ideologically, he would sometimes go on these rants where he would just start talking about a social issue and I'm just sitting there listening - even if I agree, I'm just kind of tuning out his rant. So, I pretty much inelegantly left. I just started packing up and told him to take care and I left, no hug or kiss, I'm like bye. I'm pretty conflict avoidant, I really wasn't able to verbalize how uncomfortable I was feeling - I mean - I was there for the sexy time, not a debate, not to give him dating advice. And another round of sexy time didn't look like it was going to happen so..... jeez.

Well darn!! How'd you end up being the sounding board for two men in the same weekend....?

I donít know. :/ the former FWB also said ďI donít think lesbians actually exist.Ē Hm. Thatís an interesting point of view. He also recognizes he needs some therapy so that is good. I just donít want to be the one there for him.

Page 862 of 862 FirstFirst ... 859860861862

Give Advice
Ask For Advice