Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Date with J

Met J on link removed. he's a law student. sweet guy, pretty cute. he was a bit shy at first, but he warmed up a bit during lunch. our conversation was good. he's got a lot of family in our area. his parents called during our date, he checked his phone, but didn't answer (yay!!!) he also grabbed the bill, didn't let me pay. he was really a gentleman, and then we went to a cafe to keep talking, he was just really funny and kind and flirty. he hinted at having a second date, but didn't go right out and ask me again. he told me at the end of the date, "text me - no wait, i'll text you." lol. i don't care - as long as i get to see him again.

Date with R

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

i just came back from my date with the other guy, R. It turns out, that R is a guy I had a crush on a few years back, he worked at a local coffee shop, but i never had the guts to ask him out. anyways, it was him. but omg. he spent like 90% of the night talking, and most of it about his exes. like, a lot about his exes. like, he spent more time talking about his exes than asking me questions about myself. i spent the night mainly nodding and smiling politely, while he's performing conversational mastrubation.

sigh.

towards the end of the night, he asked if i wanted to see him again, and i said i'd have to think about it. he said it's ok, he likes to give it a day also to sink in. then i told him that i felt like he was hung up on his ex too much. he sort of agreed, and sort of didn't. he said his exes are a big part of who he is. and i said i like to leave my exes in the past. he said he would leave the ball in my court (dude probably shouldn't be expecting an email from me.)

(PS - yes, i paid for my own drink, and he didn't fight me. this was after i told him i felt uncomfortable with his exes talk. i think he knew his chances were not that high at that point.)

Date with R

...he spent like 90% of the night talking, and most of it about his exes. like, a lot about his exes. like, he spent more time talking about his exes than asking me questions about myself....

(PS - yes, i paid for my own drink, and he didn't fight me. this was after i told him i felt uncomfortable with his exes talk.... .

nope. and nope.

Last night: Date with C

we met for thai food and then afterwards a drink. he was really nice. he had facial hair, which i am really not into. but he was nice. we had a lot in common and just had really nice easy conversation. but at the end of the night, he told me he smokes pot 2x a week, which makes me feel really uneasy. it's a bit too much for me, i'd prefer to date someone who only does it once in a while.... so..... we'll see. he's also divorced.

Today: coffee with S

S was really nice and interesting. he's not normally what i would go for, but we have a lot in common, he has a lot of interesting stories growing up and all that. we laughed a lot, shared a great deal of personal information..... he didn't pay for my tea, but he did walk me to my door, which i thought was very sweet. he alluded to getting together again, and told me to call him.

sigh.

what is it with these guys? I haven't heard from J. i was so excited about him. i texted him on wednesday and we texted back and forth. he was really flirty..... but he didn't ask me out again for a concrete day/time. so....? ok... weird.

and nothing much has come out of them! R was a trainwreck. J never really contacted me again. i texted him on wednesday, and we chatted back and forth, he was really flirty..... but didn't ask me out on another date. oh well. C was cool, but i didn't like the pot, and S, dunno about him!

well, haven't heard from any of those 4 guys i went out with at all, despite them all saying they wanted to see me again. I liked J, but it's ok, whatever, i'm over it. I thought S would have been a better friend. I'm glad R didn't call because he's way not over his exes!!! and C - well, he's a pothead. but i would have liked to see J again, but oh well...... not a big deal.

another guy, N, just asked me out, we haven't made plans yet. let's see what happens.....

well, haven't heard from any of those 4 guys i went out with at all, despite them all saying they wanted to see me again. I liked J, but it's ok, whatever, i'm over it. I thought S would have been a better friend. I'm glad R didn't call because he's way not over his exes!!! and C - well, he's a pothead. but i would have liked to see J again, but oh well...... not a big deal.

another guy, N, just asked me out, we haven't made plans yet. let's see what happens.....

Why do they always say, "Let's do it again sometime?"...and then just don't follow through? (hehe, like Chandler in Friends when he dates Rachel's boss)

it's weird because they did seem to be interested in seeing me again, at least on the date... then i don't hear from them. oh well.

J.... is interesting. he has a heriditary disease, which i can overlook, not a big deal, but he's legally disabled as a result (and probably would have depended on me to some extent if we had a relationship). but i was thinking if we got together, the children would all get his genes. but ok, he never asked me out again, so i guess i don't have to worry about it!

maybe they all just met people they liked better on match?

I made it a point not to listen to anything that was said at the end of the date unless we made a specific time and place plan to see each other again. I remember one guy spent three hours with me over coffee (his choice) and then after he wanted to walk me home - I told him I was stopping off at the supermarket before going home so we could walk there (accross the street from my place) - he then offered to go shopping with me and I said playfully that I didn't do that on the first date. I did all the right things - smiled, told him again that I had a good time, would be up for getting together again ( he had mentioned). Never heard from him again.

then there was the guy who leaned in to me three times during our 45 minute lunch first meet and said with a huge toothy grin I'M GOING TO CALL YOU!!! He didn't call till three weeks later, on a friday night, with a totally lame excuse (well, no excuse really) - no I didn't return the call.

many more examples like that and it's why I stopped listening.

Do you have male friends that can qualify as potential dates? In my experience, I've had better relationships with women I knew as friends then perfect Internet strangers. Come to think of it, I've yet to create a relationship from Internet dating. Have you considered joining a group activity where you can meet like minded men? There has to be an interst that will develop the right type of man for you.

^^^ I think that's a good point. unfortunately, a lot of my hobbies tend to be more female centered - like dance and yoga. i'll see in the summer, maybe i can join some sort of co-ed sports team???

So, strange. Last night, I was panicking because I left on a machine at work. I called work, and one of my co-workers I knew was there. He wasn't answering. I knew that if I didn't hear back from my co-workers within half an hour, I would have to go back to work and turn the machine off myself so it didn't get damaged from being on for too long (sigh. so annoying.) anyways, while I'm waiting for a co-worker to call me back, I get a text message. I was hoping it was from my co-worker, but no, instead, it was from S, that guy i went on a date with 2 weeks ago. my first thought was, "I don't want to hear from you! I want to hear about the status of the machine!"

why do guys take 2 weeks to call again after a first date? they just can't be all that interested, huh? S was probably busy dating other girls, and when no one else satisfactory crossed his path, he decided to text me, right? bored one night.

whatever.

lol, and the fact that i was more interested in hearing the status of a machine than from S is also telling. honestly, S wouldn't be more than a friend to me, after all this time. but then again, i have plenty of other friends too, and i didn't join link removed to make new friends.

was chatting back and forth with some guy, but i can't say i'm all that interested in him. he writes me an email saying it's hard to get to know someone over the internet, so he gave me his number and said, "call me if you want." to me, that's a turn off. just so passive. how about instead, "I'd like to talk to you so we can get to know each other better." sigh. i guess i'm not all that interested in this guy.

I'm sure you know but, to reaffirm the point, when my single guy friends and I discuss dating we only chase the women we are into; thereforee, you took the correct action. Have you tried to meet guys at your HOA meetings? How about as a volunteer? I meet quite a few at a mentally challanged fund raising events. Does your town have a local symphony?that's another great place to meet people.

Archived