Open Club  ·  30 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

The Secret

jettison

I have read it, used it and think it works fabulously. If you're interested, there's a "movie" showing next Thursday (1/15) at select theaters and from the preview (that I saw at the theater), it's a discussion moderated by Larry King with the people who were featured in the book. It's called "Beyond the Secret".

You can find out more at link removed

My stepmom read it & sent a raving review to everyone she knows (including me). She was so enthusiastic in fact that I thought she got spammed!

I know nothing about it, really. I'm just like, eh..

Yeah, but did it work as well for her as it did this particular reviewer on Amazon? That's the real question here.

It's just your attitude and how you look at the world... the secret can be summed up into one simple question.

"If there was one thing you could do with your life, and you knew you could not fail, what would you do?"

...and now the question is, why aren't you doing it?

It's just your attitude and how you look at the world... the secret can be summed up into one simple question.

"If there was one thing you could do with your life, and you knew you could not fail, what would you do?"

...and now the question is, why aren't you doing it?

If there is one thing in my life that I KNEW I could do, and I could not fail at it, it would be to read the review that I posted from Amazon. Luckily, after a few minutes time, I was able to accomplish said goal, and I am now sitting pretty.

It was praised highly from other people in my office that have claimed to use it. A client I sold a home to has also used it and claims the concepts work.

In a nutshell, it goes like this, if you believe you'll receive something, and believe it strongly enough, and connect with that positive energy, then you'll get it and have a spirit of gratitude. Basically an atheistical version of what Jesus teaches about prayer and expecting to receive from God what you are asking for. The Bible also teaches about praising God for everything.

While, I'm not 100% sure if it works or not. (i.e. then why are we all working, just sit down and wish you are a millionaire, duh!) I did notice a remarkable improvement on sales when I was thinking big and had entertained commercial real-esate. When I started thinking small or survival mode with no vision of a jackpot winfall, that's when my business started to suffer badly. It's almost like my business fortunes are tied to how high my expectations are. It has nothing to do with how much work I did in my business either. You can do lots of Real-Estate work, but end up frustrated and bitter if you work with the wrong clients, waste your time, money and energy and end up worst off than if you stayed home and did nothing. You can also work and make a tonne of money with clients who love, appreciate you and want to refer you. Both scenerios involve the same thing 'work', but yield vastly different results. I think there is an x-factor, and that x-factor has to do with expectations, or beliefs of what you expect back from God. IF you aim high, you may get a lower result, but still far better result than if you aimed low in which case you may not even take-off.

In that sense, I can see that it works. I also believe in auto-suggestion and the power of the subconscious mind -- if you repeatedly say something to yourself, it may eventually come out of you.

Yes, and the National Enquirer periodically publishes a picture of a 'Blue Dot' which if you stare at it long enough means you'll win the lottery or find riches... they periodically publish the blue dot, then someone sends in a testimonial of how they won $200 because they stared at the blue dot!

yeah, everyone's got some swampland to sell...

read the book, seen the film. I'm not a sceptic or a cynic, when I first learnt about it, back when I was just 15 I really tried to use it and it sort of worked but to constantly try and keep that 'I am going to receive this and I can't have bad thoughts' is tiring, I just wanted to go back to my old frame of mind. I definitely believe in positive thinking BUT I think the secret is mostly just about marketing and materialism. Its got a very consumeristic take on things which detered me in the end. I also found some the exercises somewhat cringeful. I think if you want something badly then of course its attainable and having a fresh positive mindset is usually 70% of why people are successful in getting what they desire.

However I had that mindset before I'd even discovered the secret, I've always been positive and if I want something badly I GET IT..eventually, after a while heh. I just felt the secret really tried to churn every drop of positivity I had and it felt phony. If you really want to change you're mindset and make you're goals attainable a book that isn't too OTT and overdrive is 'Authentic Happiness' by Martin EP Seligman, this man is a very respected pyschologist and quite an academic so there is a lot more knowledge behind it and its well written unlike the secret which was very badly written and gimicy imo.

I use it every day!!! I recommend it in many of my posts. I absolutely love it and believe in it. It honestly changed my life after i had hit rock bottom. I preach it to many people because i watched it over and over till i memorized the concept behind it. Its still hard to grasp and get discouraged at times but the point is to believe. or shall i say Ask, believe, receive.

I use it every day!!! I recommend it in many of my posts. I absolutely love it and believe in it. It honestly changed my life after i had hit rock bottom. I preach it to many people because i watched it over and over till i memorized the concept behind it. Its still hard to grasp and get discouraged at times but the point is to believe. or shall i say Ask, believe, receive.

I don't believe you...

even though half of your sig line refers to it

Archived