MRI Results... um thanks for dropping the ball.

I had my MRI (suspicion of pituitary brain tumor) on New Year's Eve. At that time I was told I would have results within 3 business days. It was a holiday backing up to a weekend, so I didn't really stress.

Well it's been a week. I called the MRI place and they claim at first not to have done my MRI. ( Once they find me in the system, she cheerfully asks if I will be picking up or mailing out my results.

I ask where I can pick them up at. Oh no big deal, just at their center over one hour away! So obviously we're going to have to mail them. She then tells me they will send them out tomorrow in the mail... god knows how long that could take.

I'm just really frustrated because if I hadn't called, the results would have just rotted there. Those people were so rude and unprofessional, and trust me, I don't ever complain about bedside manner.

This is just hard for me to deal with right now! And I can almost gaurantee there will be more hoops to jump through once they do come in the mail. Mailed results without a consultation are never clear.

god i've been in those situations.. i would have drove the hour to go get the results if i could.. and stopped by some place i had never been on the way.. it would be gratifying.

hope the results come back in your favor.

Thanks, EQD. I would have driven if it weren't for time constraints. Half of me wants to... I feel a pulling in that direction.

Thanks, EQD. I would have driven if it weren't for time constraints. Half of me wants to... I feel a pulling in that direction.

i just loathe getting things in the mail also.. especially when they are in a physical place and i know they exist. i like to cut out the middleman.

Maybe they misunderstood and thought YOU wanted a copy.

It would be almost gross negligence for the results to not be sent to the physician who ordered the tests.

I'm thinking that they are already on the way to your MD, maybe give them a call?

Ya. I sort of neglected that in my rage. But I have copies... I'm on hold with the MD now.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but, once they're sent to the physician, are they supposed to give you a call or is it the patient's responsiblity? I've had a few tests done I never heard back from, I could have ovarian cancer for all I know, hehe. I understand your frustration. Anyway, I hope you get good news back.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but, once they're sent to the physician, are they supposed to give you a call or is it the patient's responsiblity? I've had a few tests done I never heard back from, I could have ovarian cancer for all I know, hehe. I understand your frustration. Anyway, I hope you get good news back.

It's not hijacking, this is valuable information! I get colpos done and get mail saying "Colposcopy results same as Pap results. Reschedule Pap Smear in 6 months".

What does that mean??? It's so vague!

It's not hijacking, this is valuable information! I get colpos done and get mail saying "Colposcopy results same as Pap results. Reschedule Pap Smear in 6 months".

What does that mean??? It's so vague!

I don't even get anything in the mail! I thought it was the doctors responsibility to call the patient when he/she gets the results to discuss them, but apparently not. Seriously, you can't depend on anybody to care for your own health but yourself, not even doctors.

Most labs/hospitals won't even release the results directly to you until your doctor has spoken with you. They legally can't prevent you from getting a copy of your records, but that usually takes longer than a call to your doctor.

it is probably your doctor's office that dropped the ball... results sitting somewhere on someone's desk there.

Iphy,

Am going through the same thing...surgery at the end of the month.

They send me a PARTIAL list of the meds I cannot take before surgery. How about the whole list? How about having one of the 9 gazillion nurses call me and ask what I'm on.

Then I called the Dr. who is operating on me for post op instructions....2 weeks ago, still haven't got them......GGGGRRR!!!!!

Iphy,

Am going through the same thing...surgery at the end of the month.

They send me a PARTIAL list of the meds I cannot take before surgery. How about the whole list? How about having one of the 9 gazillion nurses call me and ask what I'm on.

Then I called the Dr. who is operating on me for post op instructions....2 weeks ago, still haven't got them......GGGGRRR!!!!!

Aw KG good luck! They act so blase about everything and forget so much! It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost so mch $$$.

When I had the MRI, they injected a solution into my arm. They nurse just kinda jacked the needle in there, leaving a huge bruise- but ok. I'm over it. Then, come to find out, I was supposed to be given papers instructing me to drink x amount of water per hour to flush the solution from my system and avoid kidney damage.

Didn't do it. THANKS.

Classic example of bedside manners...

3 weeks after my wife died, I had to take my son to our PCP because his breathing was raspy. Our PCP was the one who misdiagnosed my wifes condition, but knew what she died from.

So she's going through his chart, and asks him if there is any history of cancer in his family.

I calmly instructed my son to wait out in the lobby...she's looking at me blankly. Then, I lit into her so loud the whole office froze. I screamed that I'd file a complaint against her, and did. She's since moved.

What are these people thinking??????

The upside, our new Doc is a saint...we both love him!

I am extremely confused, myself. I am going to call my MD right now and see what they know. Thanks for that obvious reminder, Heart.

Maybe over there is totally diffrent...But here they do a test and if its positive they call you in to pick them up and at that time you speak to you MD...now if its Negative they don't call or send anything. That's their way of saying i got you results and you are fine.

Maybe over there is totally diffrent...But here they do a test and if its positive they call you in to pick them up and at that time you speak to you MD...now if its Negative they don't call or send anything. That's their way of saying i got you results and you are fine.

Well that would be helpful! lol Sheesh. We do things rather stupidly.

I hope everything comes out negative. KG I didn't know about your wife, very sorry to hear

Ugh I was watching part of Sicko (movie) and just get depressed how messed up our healthcare system is. It's bad enough I was in the industry listening to all these people that work at hospitals how the system works in favor of insurance companies. They are the devils.

Archived