Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ex won't tell me about his new girlfriend

Daligal83

ex won't tell me about his new girlfriend

I broke up with my ex in April. He definitely did not want the break up, but wanted to stay friends. Even though I've had a non-existent dating life since then, I'm really happy that I made that decision because he just was not the right person for me.

So we still talk, but only through instant messenger really. I found out a couple months ago through Facebook that he has a new girlfriend and I was happy to realize that it didn't bother me at all. I see pictures of them together and I'm fine. Just more evidence that I made the right decision.

What does bother me is that he hasn't told me about her. Right now he's away for an internship, and she goes to school where I live. So he'll tell me that he went to this city to visit friends. He'll say that he really misses people here. And he also frequently asks to hang out when he comes back.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any insight if this is something I need to worry about. I mean if I was in her position, I'd be really upset if my boyfriend was asking his ex to hang out but hadn't told her about me. And I have seen him in person since he started dating her and nada.

la'isla
    i myself don't see anything wrong with it..then again i am kind of reserved about things like this. if he doesn't want to tell you then he doesn't. plus i think he KNOWS that you know about her, since you saw her pictures on facebook. so what's the big deal?

Crazyaboutdogs
    Is it possible that he told her about you but just didn't tell you about her?

ad-mortem
    It could be that he feels awkward telling you because you used to date and wants to keep his relationships completely separate from his friendship with you so as not to confuse things. Or it could simply be that he didn't think to say you, especially if they aren't too serious.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Seems like an awkward thing to talk about.

Daligal83
    It is an awkward thing to talk about and I can understand him not telling me about someone serious. We're not going to be the friends we were before we dated where we tell each other about our love lives. But they've been dating for a couple months...so I'd think by now the relationship is important enough to mention. It sounds like I'm just over thinking it though.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    I agree with DW...awkward topic. It's not necessary to bring it up IMO. I see my ex from time to time (small campus) and we chat about our lives (what's new, what we have been up to) but I never bring up my bf. I just don't see the need. Whether or not the relationship is important or serious (getting there in my case) makes no difference as to whether or not I tell my ex. If I were to get engaged I would probably mention if asked what is new in my life, but other than that, I don't talk about it at all.

Daligal83
    lady...do you run into your ex or actually plan to get together? From how my ex talks, it's like he wants an actual friendship where we call each other up to go hang out.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    Also, he knows that you know about her...you found out on his facebook so he is actually being really open about the existence of the relationship--to everyone.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    My bf used to call me over the summer. We'd never talk about his new girlfriend. And they went out for like 3 months or so...

Cept once he did mention that she got drunk and threw up in his car. I think that was his way of saying that it wasn't going very well....

Still, it's a sensitive topic. I mean, what could he say about her? Not to mention, talking about a new girlfriend, he probably thinks, is rude and mean to you. I would be glad that he doesn't bring it up. Seems like a nice guy.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Really messed up
Ugh. I hate myself My ex and I broke up in March due to distance however now distance isn't an issue due to unforeseen circumstances. He however
Confused by my feeling for my ex and my current relationship status. Can anyone
Hello, I hope somebody can help me out. Two years ago i left my ex for a guy that now i am married with ( not really happily married we are in a
He's still emotionally hooked on his ex
My boyfriend of 2 years is still in close contact with his ex. At first I was ok with it until I eventually asked for more info. He told me they go
exgirlfriend deleted my whatsapp
we still talk but she deleted me on whatsapp, the picture wont appear. So i cant see her picture but she can see mines. We talk every 3rd or fourth
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
Should I reach out to my ex?
My ex and I broke up 6 months ago after 2 years. Both mid twenties and madly in love. I think we were moving on from the “honeymoon period”,we had
Should I tell my ex who still loves me how I feel?
So I was dating this guy for like a year and it was really great. I was happy and loved spending time with him and thought I was in love. It seems

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice