ehh..the holidays...no special someone so here's a descriptor

desert_rose26

well..it's that time of year when you browse the malls for gifts or shopping and see many couples around...more than usual anyways. It's like right in my face..buses, trains, escalators, elevators..etc. Whatever.

My problem is I'm not going out to meet people. I should...but people my age..usually meet through friends or work and I have less of both. My friends are quite shy themselves but I have gotten less shy. I was planning on going to a meetup group but realized the ages were not in my age range...people there were 29+ Also, I don't feel comfortable meeting people this way...

I guess there's nothing I can do except wait till I go back to school for my masters degree and get a job. I'm ruling online dating out because I'm done with it for now. Want to meet through life..the old fashioned way.

Sometimes I think..do I need to be more outgoing? Smile more? I've always thought that being myself is the right thing. But I can always improve. First, I need to find a way to meet guys I would be interested in. but WHERE? I have no luck.

Idea of what type of guy I want:

I'm looking for someone sweet, caring, intelligent, and genuine. Somebody who is finished school like me...and working or looking for work. He is probably into music and has a hobby like playing guitar or just taking photographs..anything to do with the arts. someone who has an open heart and appreciates cultural diversity. Someone looking for a sweet, caring girl...who wants to be their best friend..someone looking for a girl that is out of the ordinary...odd at times and multi-talented..a girl that can be silly at times but can laugh and not take herself too seriously. I need the guy to be understanding and assertive. Not afraid of the future and want to live an interesting fulfilling life..knows how to live. A good listener and talk as much and as little as I do. Support systems for each other...someone who corrects me when I'm wrong and talks sense into me..someone who wants the same things from me..a guy who can stand up for himself and be proactive...a planner...a guy who wants me to be at his side..a guy who knows that he can count on me to be there for him when he needs it. A guy who likes a girl that is not clingy doesn't change him to accommodate her needs but rather helps him to reach his goals and improve. Someone who has class. Someone who is not perfect.. But is patient during hard and rough times. He doesn't have to be athletic but should take care of himself..and knows how to dress that makes him look fresh. He shouldn't be wearing cologne every time he sees me...he just needs to be real and not hide from himself.

Any ideas of where to look for him? lol.

Thanks for reading and any tips on where to find him.

Seriously though, if you want to meet this guy, you have to get out there and keep your eyes open. I'm not saying to go hunt him down; I'm saying that the more opportunity you give yourself to be social, the more opportunity you'll have to meet someone that fits the bill.

Seriously though, if you want to meet this guy, you have to get out there and keep your eyes open. I'm not saying to go hunt him down; I'm saying that the more opportunity you give yourself to be social, the more opportunity you'll have to meet someone that fits the bill.

lol..

..and why not hunt him down? hehe. ok ok..I guess I just have to take every opportunity for meeting people...even if they are a bit older than I prefer... meeting people by myself..oh boy...thinking about it is scary but I know that doing it isn't that bad. I've done it a few times but I need to do it more.

Hmm....those meetup groups ..I think I'll be the youngest one. I seriously do not feel like 24. I don't even look it. A lot of people mistake me for 20 or 19.

Do u think it's ok to go to a 23-30 singles meetup group? I feel weird about it!!!

lol..

..and why not hunt him down? hehe. ok ok..I guess I just have to take every opportunity for meeting people...even if they are a bit older than I prefer... meeting people by myself..oh boy...thinking about it is scary but I know that doing it isn't that bad. I've done it a few times but I need to do it more.

Hmm....those meetup groups ..I think I'll be the youngest one. I seriously do not feel like 24. I don't even look it. A lot of people mistake me for 20 or 19.

Do u think it's ok to go to a 23-30 singles meetup group? I feel weird about it!!!

Yeah, I think it might be a really good idea to go to a 23-30 singles meet up group. There aren't (m)any in my area, so I've gotta bite the bullet on that one.

And I'm 21 and look like I'm 15-16, so don't feel bad.

.d88888888b.

.d888888888888b.

.d8888Y' `Y8888b.

.d888' `888b.

888P .oooooo. Y888

d88P d88888888b Y88b

888' 888P' ` Y888 `888

888 888 888 888

888 888b d888 888

888. `8888888888' .888

888b `Y888888P' d888

`888b ``'' d888'

`88888b d88888'

`8888888888888888'

`Y888888888P'

hunt me down, I fit the description like 90%. If you can only hit he bulls eye.

JK

oh but I shouldn't hit the bulls eye..you're not 99%.

^high standards eh?

If you search for perfection, the ideal, the fantasy, chances are you won't find it, it's just that, a fantasy. Just my two cents.

oh c'mon, 99%..was a joke! I'm not a crazy chick here..was just teasing you. and yeah, I don't want a fantasy. My ideal guy is someone who is not a perfect person but perfect in my eyes..(kinda cliched huh)..

well i'm in the same boat, and i'm about to give up online dating as well. completed school, in graduate school right now in a new town, so i don't know many people.

i'll window shop the malls and maybe see what random single looking girl i have the courage to talk to.

well i'm in the same boat, and i'm about to give up online dating as well. completed school, in graduate school right now in a new town, so i don't know many people.

i'll window shop the malls and maybe see what random single looking girl i have the courage to talk to.

g'luck..I guess the more approachable she is, the easier to talk to her..I gotta work on being more approachable..or smile more..I THINK I like talking to strangers..because I never see them again...I find it neat to have crossed paths with that person.

I am social and very active. I've built up a good social network, there are a ton of people at my job, I go to the gym almost everyday...but nada. I share your frustration lol.

And I'm 25 but often can be mistaken for a high school kid. FUN!

That's great, you sound like you're headed in the right direction...just keep going..one of these days, you'll meet him. Looks like the job really helps you to meet people.

I'll date any girl for a bag of peanuts. Or a nice dinner at Red Lobster. Will beg for mercy too.

o yea....Red Lobster is yummy...why beg for mercy? lol (you are quite funny - in a good way

Actually the job isn't helping. I work with all women haha. The only place I meet guys are the gym, and that's just not going well at all. And my friends always say they have no one good to fix me up with haha.

Hey Daligal...ohh..all women...I see. lol..but why is meeting guys at the gym not going well? I'm just wondering because I'm curious...I haven't been to the gym before...I go to dance studios instead...maybe I should start going to the gym. lol.

I'm half bald, half toothless but in every other sense I am a whole man. Including your criteria. Why does it feel like this is a competition in here with the rest of the dudes?

I'm sorry you feel that way. This thread is supposed to help me figure out where to meet the kind of guy I described. I think we got off topic. Maybe the better question is, where would that guy want to look for a girl like me...definitely not a club or bar...so I guess everywhere else except those places (not that I think there is anything wrong with those places just not my thing).

Well there are definitely attractive guys there, but it never works out in my favor. They're usually out of my league or just not interested. Like I've had a crush on this one guy forever and when I first noticed him, we had the whole eye contact thing going on. Then all of a sudden he just stopped. And like now, sometimes he will and sometimes he won't. He said hey how are you one day in passing but that's it. He doesn't talk to me and I freeze up when I see him haha.

Um another guy was hitting on me but I found out he has a girlfriend. There's a couple threads on that one haha. Another guy asked me out but I just wasn't interested. And then I get hit on by some creepy guys. Story of my life.

lol. that's cute. I had a girl friend who asked her boyfriend to buy her a wii last christmas and he did..then she dumped him shortly afterwards...poor guy.

she sounds like my type of girl.

did u have any luck with the dudes today?

tomorrow start checking dudes out so you look more 'approchable'.

see what happens and report back.

oh and

GO CARDINALS!!!!!

Um another guy was hitting on me but I found out he has a girlfriend. There's a couple threads on that one haha. Another guy asked me out but I just wasn't interested. And then I get hit on by some creepy guys. Story of my life.

hm..yea, I remember reading your thread about that guy..lol. If I remember correctly, he was all nice and friendly...but that was about it. I'm also wondering what those creepy guys did to seem creepy...I hear stories (interesting and odd) and am starting to think about hitting the gym now. lol...except I'll be so scared to step foot in a gym for the first time...I'm pretty thin and I hope they won't laugh at me...I won't know how to work anything in there.

tomorrow start checking dudes out so you look more 'approchable'.

you mean check them out and don't turn away when they look at me? I mostly avoid eye contact with guys I think are attractive...I'm extremely shy like that. Maybe that is my problem. But I know what you mean...don't avoid eye contact and look less serious. That is a hard one. I will try.

Thanks..and I will update u when I do...

Archived