bad timing, missed chance...Regrets?

Anon333

Has anyone ever met someone who they really liked, or even wasnt sure they liked them...Maybe hung out a few times, or dated briefly..The person was really into you, and yet you just werent ready for anything...Either because you werent over your ex, or werent ready for a relationship.......And does anyone regret missing out on trying with that person...Anyone ever contact that person afterwords and find it was too late, or possibly had a real chance to date again??? I'd like to know

I've had people I regreted rejecting because I just wasnt ready to date and my mind was on someone else, and then years down the road I still wonder what if? I also am in the opposite situation where I think this person likes me, but is just not right timing as they are getting over their ex...I wonder if time will pass and they will regret it......

ANy stories like this???

WHat happened..what happened!!! Thats tough...Lionel...You are back with an ex you coulldnt get over when you were with the other girl, and now you miss the other girl? Maybe it is a case of wanting what you cant have? Or maybe you never should have gone back to your ex? So both who responded..Did you both break up or go your own ways and not see eachother and contact for awhile? When did you realize what you missed out on???? When did you start to regret it? did she try to be with you and pursue you, and you turn her down??? DId you date long? Sorry for all the questions...always seems like wrong timing ruines everything...Its more about our everchanging feelings and emotions..How can someone be so humg up on their ex and not see what is in front of them until it is too late???

hmm...Makes me wonder if you just didnt want them when you could of had them, and then want them when you cant have them..Is that the case? O r do you really think it was bad timing, and things could have been really great if the feelings were mutual...Wondering how long it takes people to realize this..Probably after they are done pining after their ex....which means it would be a long enough time for him/her to move on...ANyone try to contact that person later and try again? Interesting only the males have answered this post for some reason..

hmm...Makes me wonder if you just didnt want them when you could of had them, and then want them when you cant have them..Is that the case? O r do you really think it was bad timing, and things could have been really great if the feelings were mutual...Wondering how long it takes people to realize this..Probably after they are done pining after their ex....which means it would be a long enough time for him/her to move on...ANyone try to contact that person later and try again? Interesting only the males have answered this post for some reason..

Nope - it happened to me too...

He waited 1 1/2 yr and by the time I was starting to show interest... he vanished...

I miss him and realize now how much I really wanted him and not my ex. How stupid could I have been?

My telling him now how much I care for him is not changing anything... sad for me.

Yeah it was just like that. I met her about a year ago and she was too young. I did not know this at the time since we talked about lots and lots of art history, so I assumed she was twenty at least. Wrong 17, so I back off 100%. She is a friend of my friends younger sister who would come by his studio every now and then. So my friends sister says she thinks im attractive, I thought, yeah 24, my own place, my own money, of course she is. Plus Im hung up on my ex at the time and dont want any type of blood sucking going on. I was wrong. She came back into the picture about three months ago and was pretty damn flirty.

I liked it, but im honest when it comes to relationships. She is really sweet, and fun, but now Im back with my girl. I think the worst part is that she hangs out and is totally mature about it, outside of random flirting. It makes her soooooo hot. A few weeks ago her, myself, and another three friends; one girl two guys, are gonna go out. She for got her purse in my place, so I had to walk her back ALONE. I WAS SOOOOO NERVOUS. I hardly ever get nervous around girls, let alone an 18 yr old, but this one is different. Funny too since ive got her on myspace, and girls comment all the time and my g/f never bats an eyelid. But when this girl did she was like "Whos that, how do you know her?" I laughed at first and thought. "My g/f knows my type" I explained who she was and nothing eve came of it. Im still madly in love with lady. But the wondering kills me.

wow...I know its strange to be on both sides of this....You cant blame yourself for wrong time..You were in a different place when you didnt want them...You were wounded and needed your ex to make it better...Not someone else..You cant see someone for who they are if you are too busy thinking of someone else...So cats meoww...Did it take a year and a half to get over your ex?? Ouch..or was it more like you were on and off dating him, while the other guy waited for you to decide? Were you friends while he waited...I just as rather not be friends with someone Im interested in, and move on and hope if they call Im still interested....

I like to live my life with no regrets, and I do not like to second guess decisions that I have made. I believe that if I made a decision then I made a decision with the best information available, so in essense I made that decision for a reason. Girls from the past are just that girls from the past and if they are not around now then I will not think about what never was.

I like to live my life with no regrets, and I do not like to second guess decisions that I have made. I believe that if I made a decision then I made a decision with the best information available, so in essense I made that decision for a reason. Girls from the past are just that girls from the past and if they are not around now then I will not think about what never was.

Yeah but we all reflect and wonder sometimes. Its not a weakness. LOL!

wow...I know its strange to be on both sides of this....You cant blame yourself for wrong time..You were in a different place when you didnt want them...You were wounded and needed your ex to make it better...Not someone else..You cant see someone for who they are if you are too busy thinking of someone else...So cats meoww...Did it take a year and a half to get over your ex?? Ouch..or was it more like you were on and off dating him, while the other guy waited for you to decide? Were you friends while he waited...I just as rather not be friends with someone Im interested in, and move on and hope if they call Im still interested....

It's just sooo messed up. Yes it took me a long time to get over my ex... damn thing is so freaking charming! LOL!

It was on and off with this guy... lots of texts, calls, occasional dates. He screwed up to by blowing me off a couple of times so it's not entirely my fault.

But, now I've fallen for him - totally and completely.

He no longer takes my calls...

Happened to me a few times.

First time it happened this girl that was a friend of mine came back into my life, but she was seeking more then friendship she was looking for a relationship with me. However, I could not give that to her as my ex and I were still going out. Even if we weren't going out, I wouldn't be that intersted in her since umm she has a weight issuse, so personally I don't find girls that are overweight attractive. Don't get me wrong some have very pretty faces, and this girl happened to be one of those girls that you would look at in the face and all your friends would tell you go for it; however, once you see the rest of the package they say run for your life. If this girl were slimer, she would be one of those girls that are a threat to other girls cause they are so damn fine.

Second time it happened was at graduation. During the same week of graduation I got one of those facebook application request. The application was "Are you interested". I added it and sent out invites. I sent to the first 20 ppl on the list, and it went out to this girl. At first I was like ohh crap what did I do, then I was like w/e no one cares for them plus I was still seeing my ex and the majority of the ppl knew that. What happens at grad, this girl starts blowing kisses at me, making hearts in the air and a whole bunch of other stuff. I noticed but didnt pay much attention to it, first of all I didnt know for sure if it was directed towards me. Anyways after my ex and I broke up I tried talking to her and maybe get to know her better and possible get a date out of it. Didn't work, the convos didn't work. Nothing worked.

Archived