Ask For Advice

Thread: Pharmacy won't fill out-of-state prescription

lady00
    Platinum Member

Pharmacy won't fill out-of-state prescription

So, my pharmacy where I am in school won't fill my birth control prescription from my doctor in another state. Anyone have the same problem? What did you do? What did you do about the refills? Did you just go fill it and then keep going back every time you got a chance to go home? Doesn't seem like it makes much sense. Should I just try to find a doctor in the other state?

Other info: The dispensation is 28 pills. I get 11 refills. But I guess the bottom line is this does not help me as I cannot come back once every month to my home state to get the refills. Argh.

avman
    If you are in the U.S. a lot of chain pharmacies will fill prescriptions from out of state. Others require you to fill the initial prescription in state but then you can get refills from any location.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avman [Register to see the link]
    If you are in the U.S. a lot of chain pharmacies will fill prescriptions from out of state. Others require you to fill the initial prescription in state but then you can get refills from any location.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I called CVS which is the only pharmacy I've noticed in close proximity to where I live in the state where I am in school and they said they will not fill any out of state prescriptions.

unabashed
    Gold Member
    Since the DEA number is a Federal number, maybe they would fill the script if your doctor called it in directly to the pharmacy. Or, maybe you can get it filled on line through a reputable on line pharmacy. How frustrating!

avman
    Thanks for the quick reply! I called CVS which is the only pharmacy I've noticed in close proximity to where I live in the state where I am in school and they said they will not fill any out of state prescriptions.
    Would they at least give you refills if you get it filled the first time in your home state? Then you wouldn't have to make the return trip for the other 11 months.

I suppose the other option is to see a local doctor. Does your school have a clinic for the students? The cost for that is usually included in your tuition or available at a reduced rate.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avman [Register to see the link]
    I suppose the other option is to see a local doctor. Does your school have a clinic for the students? The cost for that is usually included in your tuition or available at a reduced rate.
    My school does have a student health center. I've been there before, but never for a prescription. Maybe I can get a new prescription there.

Top Threads
Any workout routine suggestions?
So I just recently started going back to the gym after breaking my leg and I was wondering if anyone had any new routines that they do. I'm
Nicotine as a way to control cravings?
I was chatting to some friends about this and wanted more input. What do you all think of nicotine as a way to control appetite cravings? I've
Depression :(
For the past 3 weeks, ive lost complete interest in things i used to love, im enjoying my placement less and less which is really getting to me
Impotent at 30 with disease
I have been recently diagnosed with MS but i been impotent for about 10 years now. Im afraid of my family and friends eventually finding about this

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice