Ask For Advice

Thread: Pharmacy won't fill out-of-state prescription

lady00
    Platinum Member

Pharmacy won't fill out-of-state prescription

So, my pharmacy where I am in school won't fill my birth control prescription from my doctor in another state. Anyone have the same problem? What did you do? What did you do about the refills? Did you just go fill it and then keep going back every time you got a chance to go home? Doesn't seem like it makes much sense. Should I just try to find a doctor in the other state?

Other info: The dispensation is 28 pills. I get 11 refills. But I guess the bottom line is this does not help me as I cannot come back once every month to my home state to get the refills. Argh.

avman
    If you are in the U.S. a lot of chain pharmacies will fill prescriptions from out of state. Others require you to fill the initial prescription in state but then you can get refills from any location.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avman [Register to see the link]
    If you are in the U.S. a lot of chain pharmacies will fill prescriptions from out of state. Others require you to fill the initial prescription in state but then you can get refills from any location.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I called CVS which is the only pharmacy I've noticed in close proximity to where I live in the state where I am in school and they said they will not fill any out of state prescriptions.

unabashed
    Gold Member
    Since the DEA number is a Federal number, maybe they would fill the script if your doctor called it in directly to the pharmacy. Or, maybe you can get it filled on line through a reputable on line pharmacy. How frustrating!

avman
    Thanks for the quick reply! I called CVS which is the only pharmacy I've noticed in close proximity to where I live in the state where I am in school and they said they will not fill any out of state prescriptions.
    Would they at least give you refills if you get it filled the first time in your home state? Then you wouldn't have to make the return trip for the other 11 months.

I suppose the other option is to see a local doctor. Does your school have a clinic for the students? The cost for that is usually included in your tuition or available at a reduced rate.

lady00
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avman [Register to see the link]
    I suppose the other option is to see a local doctor. Does your school have a clinic for the students? The cost for that is usually included in your tuition or available at a reduced rate.
    My school does have a student health center. I've been there before, but never for a prescription. Maybe I can get a new prescription there.

Top Threads
healthy activities you like
Hey people! Like everyone here, I'm trying to find myself, what i like and what i can keep myself busy with; and so far I've come up with a short
Getting stood up: is it a big deal?
Iím not sure if this is the right topic to post this forum in, but here it goes. Iíve experienced getting stood up A LOT in my life. (Itís funny
Interesting/Smartphones
How Smartphones Hijack Our Minds Research suggests that as the brain grows dependent on phone technology, the intellect weakens Appeared in the
I'm struggling to function...
As I write this I'm feeling incredibly anxious and depressed, and I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm currently taking anti-depressants and I'm
Has anyone used talkspace?
Talkspace is a modern version of therapy. Completely digital with communication through text messages. I am considering doing it for 1 month as a
Father passed away
We decided to take my dad off life support 2 weeks ago. The funeral was a couple of days ago. I posted about family issues before. My family is not a

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice