-HelpWanted-

I have been in a relationship with a girl for a little over 3 years now, and I REALLY care about her. But as of recently, I don't feel as though I love her in the way that I always have. I used to love her so much, like it was obvious and I never had any doubts. Even SHE had doubts sometimes, but I never had. Not until recently anyway.

As of early this summer I started feeling more just like she was my best friend (which she always has been) and less like my girlfriend. There was no major defining event that I can say caused this which makes it even more frustrating. There isn't even another girl that I have fallen for--which at this point would at least give me a reason--so I don't know why it has happened, but it has.

It got to the point where I tried to break up with her in late august, but I didn't want to hurt her and she was absolutely traumatized, and I started going into a state of denial. So basically, we ended up getting back together, which I thought was the right decision for about a week and then realized it was not.

I have waited for a few months to see if it was just a phase, and have tried really hard to make things go back to the way that they used to be, but nothing has changed, and now she seems to be even more in love with me than ever. She is so sweet, and very caring, but also very emotional (which I don't have a problem with, but at the same time it makes this very difficult).

So I have two questions:

1) Am I a terrible person for falling out of love with her? Obviously, if I had a choice, I wouldn't have.

2) How do I break up with her without making her cut me out of her life, and hurting her the least? Because if I lose my girlfriend, I am also losing my best friend.

ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Help Wanted...unfortunately when you brreak up with someone...you also lose the right to be their "friend". Your g/f may not want to just be your "friend" if you break up with her.It feels like a demotion to go from g/f to "friend". She may...but if she doesn't it's just something you have to respect.

And you can't control the fact you don't feel "in love" with her anymore.....but if you truly believe you need to break up with her, then do it sooner than later. She deserves to know the truth...and she deserves someone who DOES want to be with her..not just out of obligation...and so do you.

1. no, not at all.

2. be honest. ltell her what you told us.... that you just feel a platonic love and dont feel that a romantic relationship between the two of you is working. tell her you know this is going to hurt the both of you but you think its in your best interests. but once you do that you guys are going to have to stop talking/spending time together... at least until you have healed.

Archived