Five months of dating, now he won't return my calls

BufordGal

I just left a pretty pathetic voicemail for the guy I've been dating for the past five months. The last message I had gotten from him was two weeks ago when he mentioned work was really busy and that in fact one of his ex's had come back into his life and he was trying to figure out how to get her to stop contacting him.

I haven't heard from him since that message. No response to my emails or texts. I left him an innocent voicemail last week, no response. Today I was going to leave a very empowered voicemail but I just ended up pleading with him on the message to just call me back.

I don't understand what happened. He was such the solid, dependable family guy before all this. How can he just stop contacting someone he supposedly really cared about? He had introduced me to all the people important in his life...he called me princess all the time...this just came out of left field. I'm so sad.

sorry to hear about this. yup, he's a spineless coward. sounds like him and his ex rekindled things, and he's too chicken poop to come out and tell you straight out. because he knows he did a very jerky thing and he knows he is a coward for not telling you straight out. you should forget him.

I agree with Annie. I suspect he got back together with his ex, and he doesn't know how to respond to you. He may even be holding off responding to you IN CASE things don't work out with her...I don't know.

Don't call him anymore or contact him at all. I know it will be hard, but...if a guy doesn't have the courtesy to at least e-mail you and tell you what's going on, well, he's a complete jerk.

I am so sorry you are going through this. People sometimes do hurtful things like this when they are torn between an ex and someone else.

Wow, 5 months of dating is a long time for someone to just cut off all contact with no warning. Do you have his email address? I'd send a very pissed-off email. Basically, "If you didn't want to see each other anymore, that is fine. I wouldn't have been happy about it, but I would have understood. But for you to just completely ignore this & not even TELL me just shows me what an incredibly selfish, spineless coward you are. I wish you in your future relationships the same courtesy you have shown me... NONE."

I'm not saying this would be a good idea, but if it were me, I think it would make me feel better as well as let him know that it is NOT OKAY to not show someone the courtesy he has shown you.

so i read your other thread back when you and this guy first started seeing each other. dude, after 5 months of seeing someone and a commitment not in place, there is something really wrong there. This guy sounds to me like he is keeping his options open and you are the fall back girl. has he even called you his girlfriend within this time? two weeks without contact from someone your with is extremely shady, suspicious and plain out messed up. You may wanna jsut cut him off after that before he does it to you. Have some self dignity and look out for #1.

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is the time period I am stuck on. I have had guys disappear after 1 or 2 dates, and one even disappeared after about a month and a half, but 5 months of dating in which we went places, met each others friends and family ... I just do not understand. I think I know deep down it is over, but I really can't believe, in some way, that I was so wrong about this guy. I never would have imagined he would do something like this.

Mutley, that's horrible. Some people have no morals or empathy. You will find much better than the likes of her!

so i read your other thread back when you and this guy first started seeing each other. dude, after 5 months of seeing someone and a commitment not in place, there is something really wrong there. This guy sounds to me like he is keeping his options open and you are the fall back girl. has he even called you his girlfriend within this time? two weeks without contact from someone your with is extremely shady, suspicious and plain out messed up. You may wanna jsut cut him off after that before he does it to you. Have some self dignity and look out for #1.

Drewcious, different guy. It ended with that guy not long after I made that post. I met the person I am talking about in this thread in the middle of June and we had been going out regularly up until, as I said, two weeks ago.

But yes, in this situation, you are right. I have to cut my losses and move on. It hurts, but I will get over it.

gotcha, still though. My point still stands that no contact for two weeks?? i would be inclined to say that him and his ex are working things out. if i were you, since he isnt manin up by letting you know whats going on, you should cut contact from him and start the move on process. This situation is unacceptable.

Yep. But they do it. My last gf of 1.5 years....just disapeared last July. No "hi" "bye" or "go to hades."

Never heard from her again.

I'm sorry; that's pretty crappy. My first thought would be "Is she dead or in the hospital?" Some people...

I'm sorry; that's pretty crappy. My first thought would be "Is she dead or in the hospital?" Some people...

I think people who have the nerve to do that has some serious mental issues, though. I also went though a similar experience with some guy. These days, whenever he sees me on Yahoo chat, he changes his status to "Busy". Like I care.

Archived