Lol.... Hmmmm

Aviatormy

So as you all know my GF and I split awhile back. I was in terrible pain and a state of confusion.

Well last week I decided that the best way to see if I am healed is to start talking to other women.

In a previous post I mentioned that I would be hanging out with this one girl from work this Friday. Well... That didn't last long. lol. Her and I ended up being two VERY different people.

So yesterday I got the guts to E-mail this girl that I have seen here for about a year. I have always thought she was the hottest woman that works with me (there are about 1500 people that work here).

Anywho, I would pass her in the hallway about once a week and we would both smile and say hello but I never stopped to talk to her as I was VERY faithful to my ex. So I E-mailed her yesterday saying "I dont want to make a huge deal of this because we work together but I just wanted to know if you were down to talk".

She replied saying "Who is this?"

I sent her a picture of myself and she replied "Oh your the guy I always see walking around lol". She then said that she can only E-mail if it is work related so I then offered to text with her.

Moments later she text messaged me, then called me on her lunch break, then text me when she got off work at 5.

We met up at Starbucks for a chilled Vanilla bean coffee and talked for 2 hours. She then asked my plans for the remainder of the night and asked if I would want to watch a movie.

We headed back to my apartment and the moment that we walked inside, all the thoughs of my ex dissapated and I was able to really enjoy her company.

We ended up making out for a few hours but did not sleep together. I am glad that we didn't

I am picking her up tonight when I get off work and we are going to re-live last night again.

Man! I LOVE healing! lol. She seems awsome so far

Thank you everyone.

P.S. She is better looking than my ex. Thats a plus!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people come on here after a breakup and ask how their EX can move on so fast LOL I think it's great that you found someone you can enjoy your time with BUT please take it slow. You were just engaged not too long ago, rebounds can be very messy and not what they seem to be when we finally "heal"

ahh yes isn't this what almost always happens? LOL

well, it's not so much she finds out he's moving on and gets jealous, but what if her own mind and heart change and she realizes, 'you know i CAN do this and be the woman he wants.' just asking what his feelings would be on that.

avi, are you using this to move on completely or to just not sit around the house moping, etc?

well, it's not so much she finds out he's moving on and gets jealous, but what if her own mind and heart change and she realizes, 'you know i CAN do this and be the woman he wants.' just asking what his feelings would be on that.

avi, are you using this to move on completely or to just not sit around the house moping, etc?

I agree with you Ghost - doesn't matter if she finds out or not, she might not ever know about this "rebound" BUT seems like when we are healing or moved on our exs almost always reappear to put a spin on things. So I would like to know the answer to this question too... avi? LOL

I agree with you Ghost - doesn't matter if she finds out or not, she might not ever know about this "rebound" BUT seems like when we are healing or moved on our exs almost always reappear to put a spin on things. So I would like to know the answer to this question too... avi? LOL

avi? center stage man. we need answers. i know you are logged in.

My sentiments exactly. You haven't been broken up that long...once the excitement of a new prospect fades the thoughts of the ex will come back in full force. It usually does...then the rebound person gets really hurt.

I agree. I'd like to be supportive of this new thing, but I'd rather be honest with you. I'm really skeptical. I think it's going to lead to more hurt. I don't think this is what healing should look like.

avi? center stage man. we need answers. i know you are logged in.

LOL... Sorry. I am at work.

So to answer the question about "What if my ex wants back in"....

No, I will not take her back. I have done a lot of healing lately and I realize that she was not really everything that I thought she was. Its funny how you can see the bad once they are gone.

As for this new girl, I have no intentions of jumping back into a relationship but thus far she seems cool so I will just play it by ear and take it a day at a time.

I agree with Ghost, Avi. On one hand I'm glad you're feeling better, but on the other hand, it was always so clear how devoted to & how much you loved your ex. Those feelings just don't fade away overnight, so be very careful what you're doing. Make sure you know the difference between healing & rebounding.

I agree with Ghost, Avi. On one hand I'm glad you're feeling better, but on the other hand, it was always so clear how devoted to & how much you loved your ex. Those feelings just don't fade away overnight, so be very careful what you're doing. Make sure you know the difference between healing & rebounding.

....and loving again.

but hey, if you are just looking to have fun, go for it. just be careful of the things you send at work and that it could get ugly in a business.

hello avi,

i am so sorry to hear that things did not go well with your ex. is it the same girl whose pictures you put up some time ago?

i am happy to see that you have started to heal and are already getting on with a new girl.

that said i got to say how surprised i am to see the ease with which things happened with the new girl. many times here in ENA i have seen people saying "you lost your chance dude.. you waited for too long before making a move on her.. now she will turn you down because it took this long for you to muster up the courage" but look at what happened in your case. for 1 year all you did was just smile and say hello to this girl. but the moment you started contact with her it ended up with you guys making out. so what is told here in ENA and what happens in real life may not be same all the time. second thing is i can't believe that a hot girl like her does not have a boyfriend and was readily available to you. you seem to be very lucky. most of the girls i have been interested in always had a boyfriend seriously bro i really really cannot believe that you spoke with a girl in the morning and on the same night you guys are making out... wow...

seriously? i've done worse in 5 minutes.

or are you saying how avi can do this cause of his recent heartache?

no ghost... i am happy for avi.

i am surprised because he has been smiling and saying hello to this girl for 1 whole year. then he finally talks to her and on the same night they end up making out. i have seen so many times in ENA where ppl say if a guy takes his time to ask out a girl he has blown his chances..

i think i am just appalled at my own bad luck with women... what avi has written looks so easy but i cannot imagine something like this happening in my life

Archived