Me and my girlfriend could of been friends

goodguy15

Me and my girlfriend been dating for almost 3 years but as it turns out I could of been friends with her.But back 3 years when we first met I didn't know anyone else to date.So I made my moves on her but right now I haven't been myself for the past year and a half around her.I haven't been teasing her and inviting her to be part of my family.She's been including me with her family outings and stuff.But the other day she asked a simple question, like this How come I never come with you since you invited your cousin to be with your dads side of the family?So, I got all defensive because she wants an answer.Well, I invited her to my family reunion, my moms side.It's like what more do you want.And she says to me are you that afraid for me to meet your dads side of the family, And I'm like NO, And she told me 3 months ago that my dads side of the family isn't that close.It's like I gave her an attitude because how frustrated I was.Of course I just lost my job over a week ago.I lost 3 jobs within a two year span.Sometimes I am not happy with her because I'm tense because, she might say a question out of the blue that I'm not prepared to answer.I am already distant from her as it is.Shes doing a horse therapy for me but her goal is to ride a bike.She shouldn't do that for me she should do it for herself.I just wished that I didn't ask her out in the first place.I made a mistake.And now she wants to be normal like everyone else.And now I'm stuck in a challenging rut.I was there to support her after i got laid off.But sometimes it feels like it's not going to workout.And I could of done better if I wasn't so desperate to begin with.Any advice would be helpful, thanks.](*,)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont even know what the question is in this post but I do know that this relationship needs to end. Wow 3yrs you dragged this on??? She needs to find someone that will love her for her and not someone that doesn't even want to be with her.

Do her and yourself a favor and end this

Wait, how is she wrong for asking simple questions like this?

I think you should break up with her because you obviously aren't that into her. Let her have a chance to find a guy that actually cares about her.[/quote

She told me I'm the guy that shes been looking for but to me but she can do so much better.I do care for her in a different way.Her smile doesn't stick in my mind like the other girlfriends I had in the past and thats the difference here.She isn't really the girl I've been looking for but she does understand me and I sometimes understand her.

She told me I'm the guy that shes been looking for but to me but she can do so much better.I do care for her in a different way.Her smile doesn't stick in my mind like the other girlfriends I had in the past and thats the difference here.She isn't really the girl I've been looking for but she does understand me and I sometimes understand her.

All the more reason for you to break up with her because you obviously take her for granted.

hmm if you mean the entire sentance i have bad grammer lol, it kinda did string together.

"i wish i could date other people because she feels like more of a Best friend then a gf sometimes."

do you mean this part or did the whole sentance just not make sense strung together?

All i meant to say in that sentance was there is more to my story other then just feeling like a bestfriend, but i wasnt sure if it would help you so i just refrained from spamming your post with my story.

hmm if you mean the entire sentance i have bad grammer lol, it kinda did string together.

"i wish i could date other people because she feels like more of a Best friend then a gf sometimes."

do you mean this part or did the whole sentance just not make sense ?

yeah the whole sentence.It just feels we are more best friends than gf n bf.I just wished we could of been friends instead without the gooshy stuff.She sure look cheesy when she smiles.

thats my post about my issue.. hmmm,

why do you think she looks cheesy? do you think shes just putting on a show ? because maybe she is, maybe she feels the same way or knows how your feeling and in turn shes feeling depressed ... you need to change your way of thinking.. Its not "goodguys" problem its "goodguy and Gf's" problem ... i'll tell you to talk to her because its the right thing to do but i personnally cant bring myself to talk to my gf about my feelings maybe for differnt reasons then you but i care for her to much shes to nice for me to hurt her and she loves me way to much... I just wanna be able to love her but am torn by my feelings to explore.

Wow, you really need to stop talking. You are making me dislike you more and more with every post.

... man instead of shooting him down why wouldnt you ask why he thinks her smile looks cheesy .. how do you know he just doesnt know what hes feeling ?

or maybe hes shy maybe he doesnt wanna talk about how he fully feels ?

can you honestly read all of his posts and say for sure hes beeing ignorant and rude and hes as shallow as a puddle? How do you know he thinks shes just putting on a show? maybe he thinks shes trying to fool him ? maybe hes hurt ... like ask questions until you know whats going on man... jeez

... man instead of shooting him down why wouldnt you ask why he thinks her smile looks cheesy .. how do you know he just doesnt know what hes feeling ?

can you honestly read all of his posts and say for sure hes beeing ignorant and rude and hes as shallow as a puddle? How do you know he thinks shes just putting on a show? maybe he thinks shes trying to fool him ? maybe hes hurt ... like ask questions until you know whats going on me... jeez

He's been dating her for 3 years.

Feels strongly that he has settled for her.

Gets angry at her when she asks simple questions.

And then insults his gf of 3 years.

I think my thoughts on his thread are very just.

Wow, you really need to stop talking. You are making me dislike you more and more with every post.

I am sorry for posting that its just that Its just that guys with girls that are prettier and with a sweet personality.It's like i cant have what I see, it's like what did I do to have a girl that I can't have.My girlfriend is sweet and kind but not the one I've had crush when I was younger in college.

I think many people have that feeling of wanting to 'explore' while in a relationship. Then you're single and you miss a relationship. It's the grass is greener crap...

yep, but sometimes its just better for a person to let go if it roots deeper then the relationship itself.

ex. A) feeling lost

B) not loving yourself

C) feeling held back

D)other issues that are affecting you which is making you put your relationship on the backburner

Well to thread hijack, because I already said goodguy should leave his girl, ponder you have to talk about this stuff with your girl. Believe me holding back on saying things cause you don't want to hurt someone seems like a great concept sure but it is FAR from that. Problems don't get resolved, things cont get aired out, just not good then when things end you can never say you gave it your all.

I think everyone has the want to explore and don't be surprised if she is feeling the same way. Thinking there is greener grass out there is probably the first sign that you are not working hard on the lawn you already have...

can you honestly read all of his posts and say for sure hes beeing ignorant and rude and hes as shallow as a puddle? How do you know he thinks shes just putting on a show? maybe he thinks shes trying to fool him ? maybe hes hurt ... like ask questions until you know whats going on man... jeez

I agree with Debaser on this one.

The OP's gf has stuck with him for 3 years and all he can say is that her smile is cheesy??

the only reason he's staying wtih her is because he's a coward.

yep, but sometimes its just better for a person to let go if it roots deeper then the relationship itself.

ex. A) feeling lost

B) not loving yourself

C) feeling held back

D)other issues that are affecting you which is making you put your relationship on the backburner

Ah this is really only yourself here. Problems that should be dealt with before getting into a relationship. Gotta love yourself before you can love another correctly. I guess most importantly don't blame her, these are your problems. And don't leave to find something better, you gotta figure out what makes you tick yourself... don't look to anyone else to do that.

Archived