I had to put my cat to sleep

RoxyGril

About two weeks ago my cat either got hit by a car or a dog grab her and shook her around hard enough to break bones. I'm not totally sure what one was the case of my cat getting hut. She is a indoor/outdoor cat and I always try to keep her in the house during the evening hours. Well, I happen to get a call from my mom because I was at my bf house say that she had been hurt. So, I left right away to see how bad it was. I got home about maybe around 10 and saw her laying in the living room not really moving a whole lot cause of the pain (of course). I picked her up and took her to my bed room and put her down and she laid on a blanket for a few mins. and got up went underneath my bed. I could tell that it had to do with her back end.

So, the next day I had to completely move my bed to get her from out underneath my bed. I knew there was something wrong with her because she doesn't normally hide under the bed like the way she did. She has been hurt before but not as serious as this. When I did that she started to walk and that's when I knew that there was something wrong. She limped and would fall to her left side. I took her to the emergency vet and found out that her pelvis was broken & one side of the pelvis was shifted upwards. Her tail was completely broken & and had no feeling in her tail at all. This doctor said that there was a possibility that she could heal on her own but wouldn't walk normal. But, I could get surgery done for her to where they would straighten the pelvis and put screws to keep it in place.

So, I spent $500 to find out what was wrong with her and so I brought her back home until I was able to take her to the reg. vet. Well, I took her to the reg. vet. and they say that her pelvis would heal on it's own (this is a second opinion from normal vet.) and that it would be $600 to cut her tail off.

I wanted her fixed so bad but I couldn't because I got laid off from my recent job and didn't have the money to give her surgery. So, if I let her heal on her own she wouldn't walk normal, and have bascially no tail and have further problems down the road. :sad:

I'm so heart broken over this because I have a had her for 3 1/2 years and I let her sleep on my bed with me. Just everything about her I miss her so much. I was in complete tears when I had to take her to the SPCA and have her put to sleep. I know that she won't be hurting any longer and I know that she is in a better place now. Taking her to the SPCA was so hard for me because I was so attached her and know that the drive to there was the last time I was going to be with her. I've healed a little more now since it has been a week without her. I know how lucky I am to have had her in my life and how amazing cat she was. There are still the little things around the house that remind me of her and I smile because she was just a great animal.

I know how it feels to lose a pet, about 6 months ago, I too had to put my cat to sleep. He was the best animal friend I ever had, a lot of emotions flushed me at the time.

He was probably attacked by a coyote, which ruptured his back spine. This slowly disabled his mobility and feeling from his legs to his tail. His nervous system was disconnected, which affected his bladder.

He was a gone for a couple of days, when he'd usually show up everyday whenever he left outside. Once he had finally showed up, all he wanted to do was to lay on my lap. I didn't know of his pain, thought he was only in a fight with the other cats and was going to recover. He walked fine over the week, but slowly lost his mobility in his legs - which was when I took him to the vet.

I miss him a whole lot. Every morning I'd wake up to see his face, to see him laying beside me... All stretched out and comfortable.

People and animals come and go, but don't forget about all the good times. Don't let it get to you, the emotions - remember the good, but keep going forward.

Archived