Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it okay to have friends of opposite-sex?

Originally Posted by COtuner
    I would have to let him do that, since almost all of my friends are guys (nature of what I do for a living and my hobbies and interests tend to attract more male participants). As jealous as I would get of female friends he might have, I'd be a hypocrite if I was upset.

My guy friends are coworkers, we only see each other at work or on group social outings. Also emails here and there with guy friends that were all former coworkers. All my guy friends are married and I meet their wives and know their kids and stuff. My BF is always welcome to join. Any guy that seems to be getting a crush or something, I gently cut off and stay away from him until things stabilize. If not, we have to end the friendship.
    -)
    My situations are like yours. Same kind of opposite gender friendship. Nothing crazy. Not even one on one outings. But yet they are still my friends, and I would not like to be told they can't be my friends anymore. ANd my So has a handful of female friends he brought with him into the relationship. They don't hang out one on one either, it has never come up, but they are still his friends.

What about us females who just do not have a lot of close female friends? I just can not stand girls, most of my close friends are guys. Does that mean I'm not allowed to have friends? Regulating someone else's life is just ridiculous.

Okie dokie...good thing you and I don't ever have to date then, lol..

Originally Posted by Marissa67
    What about us females who just do not have a lot of close female friends? I just can not stand girls, most of my close friends are guys. Does that mean I'm not allowed to have friends? Regulating someone else's life is just ridiculous.
    Well, you not being able to stand girls is a different issue altogether.

To not be able to stand ANY women, when there are a lot of great ones out there, says far more about you then them.

[QUOTE=yumicecream;2862807]Okie dokie...good thing you and I don't ever have to date then, lol..

Well, that is a gimmie.

Like My Advice said, you are spending a lot of time defending yourself when there was never an attack. Maybe doth protest too much.

Originally Posted by JadedStar
    Well, you not being able to stand girls is a different issue altogether.

To not be able to stand ANY women, when there are a lot of great ones out there, says far more about you then them.
    Obviously I was exaggerating. I do have female friends, but they are not my closest friends. I see them here and there. I'm not a girly girl and I dont bond with a lot of females because we dont have the same interests. There is nothing wrong with me not bonding easily with femals, it's just my personality. It's not that im discriminatory and I choose to stay away from girls.

A lap dance is completely different than being alone with a female friend. The former is to GET OFF. The latter is just friendship.

A close friend shouldn't be less valued than a romantic relationship. They are both equally as important and healthy when they are healthy. They are simply providing different things. It is incredibly controlling to tell a guy he can't hang out with female friends.

Yes jealousy does happen. I admit I have gotten jealous but I trusted them and DEALT with it. If I did everything that prevented me from being jealous she'd never leave the house when I am having a bad day. You can't control feelings, but you can control how you deal with them. And if you don't want to be too controlling, you should just trust them. If you are with the right person they wont cheat.

Originally Posted by Marissa67
    Obviously I was exaggerating. I do have female friends, but they are not my closest friends. I see them here and there. I'm not a girly girl and I dont bond with a lot of females because we dont have the same interests. There is nothing wrong with me not bonding easily with femals, it's just my personality. It's not that im discriminatory and I choose to stay away from girls.
    To be honest the women i have met in my life who 'choose to stay away from girls" typically have had serious competitive issues.

Just sayin what my experience has been.

I typically get along better with men as well, but i could never say i stay away from girls or can't stand women.

I think blaming that all on your personality is a bit defeatist. Half the population are women and if you find that much trouble with them you are bound to have some issues in your life because of it.

To be honest the women i have met in my life who 'choose to stay away from girls" typically have had serious competitive issues.

I typically get along better with men as well, but i could never say i stay away from girls or can't stand women.

I think blaming that all on your personality is a bit defeatist. Half the population are women and if you find that much trouble with them you are bound to have some issues in your life because of it.

Jaded I agree. Usually the women I have known who have this kind of attitude were incredibly insecure. By the way, I might add they were all friends who I almost always had no interest in as a single man. I just liked hearing about their viewpoints. And they always had trust issues with men and low self esteem in my experience. Maybe that was why I was turned off.

I value my female friends waaaaaaaaay too much to give them up because of somebody else's insecurity. I also might add that I would lose self respect if I allowed somebody to put that kind of clamp down on me and I am almost always about compromise in most instances in a relationship.

Where did I say I choose to stay away from girls? I actually said the opposite.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice