South Beach Diet - all phases...let's loose that weight!!

chasey

So there seem to be alot of us trying to get rid of those extra pounds (stubborn fat cells!!!) and have been supporting each other into eating healthy and getting on the right track.

For anyone that's interested in or already on the South Beach Diet let's get together and share our progress, recipes, ideas, frustrations....anything we need to share to keep on track.

To start here's a link to the South Beach website that shows the different phases and foods allowed and foods we should avoid:

link removed

I lost 17 lbs on this last year (I slipped back into junk food land....big oops) and am determined to loose that and more this time. My goal is at least 30 lbs, hoping to loose 15 of that by christmas.

Who's with me?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well obviously I am with you. I have always been overweight. Just a couple of months ago I realized I had hit the lower bound of obesity!!! and it brought me to my senses. Since then I have lost 18 lbs and then hit a weight loss plateau, which have slowly been overcoming.

I don't know what my ideal weight should be, since I have never really been at it. But I assume I will get a better idea as I inch closer to it. According to information I read online, to be at a BMI of 25, I need to lose at least 10 more lbs... They always say the last 10 lbs is more challenging. Which is why I might start South Beach soon...I'm giving me one more chance with a less demanding diet, for a week. Will weigh in Wednesday.

I'd love to join this... I did south beach a few years ago... I still TRY to go for ONLY whole grains and cut carbs... but it's so hard. I've also slipped back into junkfood land...

Give me about a week to get the pieces of my life picked back up.

I'd love to join this... I did south beach a few years ago... I still TRY to go for ONLY whole grains and cut carbs... but it's so hard. I've also slipped back into junkfood land...

Give me about a week to get the pieces of my life picked back up.

I am joining in a week too. We can still read what people eat until then. It will give us ideas

Good idea. Also try to keep favorite snacks around the house. Since phase one has no fruits, it will be limited for a while. But thats ok. Still some choices. Fat free cheese, celery sticks, chicken breast, nuts were ok right? in small amounts.

cheese strings and boiled eggs were my savior when i did it before...

Good idea. Also try to keep favorite snacks around the house. Since phase one has no fruits, it will be limited for a while. But thats ok. Still some choices. Fat free cheese, celery sticks, chicken breast, nuts were ok right? in small amounts.

those are all good

I've also bought wrap style lettuce leaves (could probably use regular lettuce leaves) and put in some low fat deli meat, little no fat cheese, avacado, etc in, makes a yummy snack or lunch.

the cheese strings are good too...

and cottage cheese.....

those are all good

I've also bought wrap style lettuce leaves (could probably use regular lettuce leaves) and put in some low fat deli meat, little no fat cheese, avacado, etc in, makes a yummy snack or lunch.

the cheese strings are good too...

and cottage cheese.....

That sounds awesome. Do you buy the avacado whole? I was looking for someone to ask how to pick out a good avacado

That sounds awesome. Do you buy the avacado whole? I was looking for someone to ask how to pick out a good avacado

I do buy them whole, I go by color....not too green (not ripe) or too black (too ripe). I don't buy them too often though cuz I love them and will each too much.

how many threads we gonna start on losing weight today?

I had been wandering that myself earlier....

This thread was decided on in one of the other threads....this one directed towards those wanting to follow this diet.

The more support, the easier it is to do.

Archived