A 2 part question...

gary1958

I have a 2 part question here... For anyone who has been in an emotionally/verbally abusive relationship. When did you feel whole again. I've been out18 months. Done the therapy and the meds. Pretty well have my life back again. One thing that has changed thou, is my reluctance to really get out there and date again, meet new people and socialize. I have my small circle of friends and family... my 15 year old son who has been my rock. But I find there are still days where I can't wait to get home cause I feel safe there. As for dating don't really feel yet that I have much to offer a woman. That may be the fragile self esteem still. Part 2 is pretty simple. Did you find that if you were with an abusive partner, along with there stormy relationship past. Did they have many close friends to speak of?

I was in an emotionally toxic (not quite abusive) relationship for 2.5 years. I luckily never had any permanent ties to this girl, and once I got rid of all physical aspects tying me to her, I was finally able to begin the healing process.

You might just need to make it a little uncomfortable to find that comfortable dating niche again. Get yourself out there and try something new. Living in fear is easy because you never take a step in any direction.

To answer the second question: She had no friends.

Archived