BF stopped saying "I Love You"

Vanessa24

Hey guys,

so i posted about a week ago about me n my bf in a tiff due to my stress etc and that been/being worked out. Since then, we talk more n things (i thought) were getting back to normal. For the past 4 or 5 days, everythings been back on schedule, but he still doesnt tell me that he loves me. In fact, its been 2 weeks or more since he told me last, but i havent been keeping track. At first, i thought its just cuz hes stressed etc but now, Im convinced that he is beginning to think that im not worth it. I have apologized for everything n stuff, but his tone remains cold n distant. I dont think i have much of a question beyond "what do you think" because as im typing this, im realizing that i am confident he is on the road to breaking up with me.

What really scares me is he is going away to see his friends. A few who are not as reputable as i would like, but nonetheless. He is going next weekend and I am terrified that hes gonna meet a cute girl n either do something regrettable, or just realize that the grass is greener...ahhh!

input please!

Thanks so much!

Just simply ask him and open up the lines of communication. I really think that all of the people that come here asking for advice on their relationships could solve a majority of their problems by simply talking to the person that they supposedly love and are intimate with. If you can't talk to your partner then who can you talk to, ya know?

Oh crap lol... The same thing happened to me.. my ex stopped saying " I love you" to me about a week before he ended it... He and I were doing pretty good before he went away on a cruise for 9 days and i had no contact with him.. when he got home from the cruise he said we had to talk and that he had been thinking a lot when he was spent this time away from me... if i were you I would talk to your boyfriend before he goes away... ask him whats wrong, if you did or said something that he didn't like... tell him that he can tell you whatever he's feeling... that you'll understand... just don't wait till after he goes away, because you might not get a chance to fix things and it could end up the way my situation ended up...

thanks guys..

...im definatley definatley going to talk to him, i just wanted to see what others have been through etc....

he used to say it, 5 times a day at minimum plus saying it back...so it was all the time, and then it just stopped. When i say it, he says it back, but its not the same you know? He stopped being boyfriendly n stopped callin me stuff like "babe" an "Princess" n its justlike were friends...not a good feeling!!

I am going to try to talk to him on Tues or Wednes cuz his house was just flooded so he's stretched to the max at the mo. His parents and neighbors are older, so he is on demand for heavy lifting etc and is cranky to say the least...thanks so much for the quick input!! The more the better!!

Hey guys,

just an update!

So, i tried to talk to him several times by beginning the convo with "are you alright with me at the moment? just seem a bit distant" and after a few of them, he came out n said he was just really stressed at the moment and not feeling himself. He assured me that he was content with us and for me not to worry. Sure enough, after a few things settled down, he was right back to normal. So, i guess it was a bit of a false alarm! However, maybe it'll be helpful for other ppl in teh same situation: Sometimes your partner wants to handle things on their own and get a bit stressed! Its nice to be loved again! hahaahh so hopefully this is helpful to someone!!

Cheers everyone!! xxxx

Archived