Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbed my toe like 5 months ago...

Samedy

Stubbed my toe like 5 months ago...

So I stubbed my toe like 4-5 months ago. As expected the toe nail turned a dark purple. What's weird is, it's still a purple/red colour. You would think that after 4-5 months the toe nail would at least have partially cleared up.

It doesn't hurt or anything, but it just doesn't seem right for it to stay discoloured for this length of time.

*I can't recall if I've cut it since I've stubbed my toe.

alli
    Ahh, I did something similar about 6 weeks ago. I dropped my laptop on my big toe, right on the root where the nail grows. About 1/3 of my toenail is black now & it's still growing out black.

How does yours look at the root? I've been told that the good nail is probably growing underneath & will eventually push the bad one off. But that was my bf, not a Dr. I think it just takes a long time for the damaged part to grow out. It wouldn't hurt to see a Dr, especially since its been so long.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It takes time for the nail to grow up. I hope it gets better soon.

starlight40
    Yeh that happened to me too, i once stubbed my little toe and it was black for months, eventually i had a good look a it one day and a new one was growing underneath, it pushed the other one off in the end, well, with a little help from me anyways.

arwen
    I bumped my toe when running (speed will add some extra force to the bump, really nice, lol). First the whole toe became twice its size. Then it shrunk back and became really dark... purplish to black. It is now more than 3 months ago and it's still purple. It also sometimes bleeds during running, but it never hurt. I guess pain would indicate a real problem, but I am scared my nail will just fall off at some point.

I think there is nothing to worry about our poor toes. Just take care that you keep it clean to prevent infection.

Satsuma
    I had this happen to me two years ago and i still have it. You need to go to a doctor so they can see if there is a fungal infection because they can treat that. With me they said there was an infection and i was given some liquid stuff but it didnt work so i am left with a discoloured toenail. Dont leave it because it could be getting worse like mine did. Its going to stay or go, unluckily for me mine stayed i cant get rid of it, no more open shoes for me.

ryan123

I was running up the stairs one day and stepped...yeah i said stepped. on my second toe in...it was black and blue under the toenail for a month until the toenail fell off.

starlight40
    Stubbing your toe is like one the most annoying things ever! It hurts and you feel so silly jumping around the place! Argh! haha

ghost69
    once you damage a piece of a nail in any area where it separates from the flesh, it dies and must grow out. it doesn't reattach itself and go back to pink/normal again. the nail is 'dead'. i know it was never living, but it cannot reattach.

BellaDonna
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight40 [Register to see the link]
    Stubbing your toe is like one the most annoying things ever! It hurts and you feel so silly jumping around the place! Argh! haha
    I stub a toe at least once a day. I've broken the same one about 3 times.

As expected the toe nail turned a dark purple. What's weird is, it's still a purple/red colour. You would think that after 4-5 months the toe nail would at least have partially cleared up.
    It will have to grow ouw completely to get rid of the purple mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Alcohol Problems, what do I do?
Looking back I've had problems with drinking since I started college. I donít drink every day but I have nights every so often that I just keep
Pain after cystitis for weeks
Hey, so I had a couple nasty cases of cystitis about 6 weeks ago that just kept coming back (have explained before) and now I'm just sort of having
Mom I don't understand this
So y'all know that mom has been fightin the cancer for a while now. She's had very little to no mobility the past few months, and hasn't ate enough
Chest pain after meditation
I recently had chest pain after meditation. I have a lot of sadness and pain that is happening with my spouse and the world. I am trying to figure
doctors are not able to help
So its been 1 and a half year of stomach pain. To be more specific in the mid upper abdomen, I have a terrible bowel movement, cuz im only able to
Cambridge diet
Hi starting this thread in the hope someone is in the same position I started the Cambridge diet and I am feeling great looking forward to losing

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice