Bump on arm after shot?

So I got a flu shot yesterday. The guy didn't seem to know what he was doing and just jabbed the needle into my arm. My arm has been sore ever since and there's like a bump on one of the muscles where he jabbed the needle in. This happen to anyone else? Will this go away? I hope to avoid having to go to the doctor, since I don't have insurance.

It is normal for the spot to bruise up to a few days after the shot, but it could also be a calcification. It happened to my aunt just recently. She had some sort of a vaccine in her shoulder, and a few months later, she noticed a bump around that area (but she had forgotten about the vaccine). When she went to the doctor, they said it was a calcification--when mineral builds up in soft tissue. Not a big problem at all, so don't let it freak you out. If it doesn't go away within a week or two, then get it checked.

i am a nursing student and yes it is normal for your arm to be sore and for there to be a lump after a shot. Just because he jabbed it in doesnt mean he didnt know what he was doing....actually you are supposed to jab it in, like shooting a dart. If you pushed it in slowly can you imagine the pain?? The needle for a flu shot is usually an inch and a half long, so jabbing it in quickly is the only way to make it as painless as possible

The flu shots typically have albumin (egg-derived protein) mixed in as a carrier, and in some people that can cause a skin reaction. But it will typically go away after a couple of days. Are you by any chance allergic to eggs? If you want to avoid the bump in pain, you might want to try a different kind of flu shot that involves squirting a small amount of attenuated virus up your nose and you can probably get this if you inform the nurse next time that you are allergic to egg whites.

The flu shots typically have albumin (egg-derived protein) mixed in as a carrier, and in some people that can cause a skin reaction. But it will typically go away after a couple of days. Are you by any chance allergic to eggs? If you want to avoid the bump in pain, you might want to try a different kind of flu shot that involves squirting a small amount of attenuated virus up your nose and you can probably get this if you inform the nurse next time that you are allergic to egg whites.

No, I'm not allergic to anything. But thanks, though.

Archived