Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bump on arm after shot?

Scorpion Fury

Bump on arm after shot?

So I got a flu shot yesterday. The guy didn't seem to know what he was doing and just jabbed the needle into my arm. My arm has been sore ever since and there's like a bump on one of the muscles where he jabbed the needle in. This happen to anyone else? Will this go away? I hope to avoid having to go to the doctor, since I don't have insurance.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    FLu shots often cause pain in the arm for a day or 2.

A World Away
    It sounds pretty normal- usually there is a slight bump after a jab. It's happened to me before. Usually the arm is quite achey too.

However, you know you're body best, so if you really think something's not right, you're going to have to get it checked out.

PsychGirly
    It is normal for the spot to bruise up to a few days after the shot, but it could also be a calcification. It happened to my aunt just recently. She had some sort of a vaccine in her shoulder, and a few months later, she noticed a bump around that area (but she had forgotten about the vaccine). When she went to the doctor, they said it was a calcification--when mineral builds up in soft tissue. Not a big problem at all, so don't let it freak you out. If it doesn't go away within a week or two, then get it checked.

confuzed25
    i am a nursing student and yes it is normal for your arm to be sore and for there to be a lump after a shot. Just because he jabbed it in doesnt mean he didnt know what he was doing....actually you are supposed to jab it in, like shooting a dart. If you pushed it in slowly can you imagine the pain?? The needle for a flu shot is usually an inch and a half long, so jabbing it in quickly is the only way to make it as painless as possible

duchesstigerlily
    Bronze Member
    Very normal so dont worry! I get that every time I get a flu shot and also every time I would get an allergy shot in the past.

Scorpion Fury
    Appreciate the help, thanks!

I have had many shots in the past, including a flu shot and my arm never swelled up before really. But I will just keep an eye on it

Donster
    The flu shots typically have albumin (egg-derived protein) mixed in as a carrier, and in some people that can cause a skin reaction. But it will typically go away after a couple of days. Are you by any chance allergic to eggs? If you want to avoid the bump in pain, you might want to try a different kind of flu shot that involves squirting a small amount of attenuated virus up your nose and you can probably get this if you inform the nurse next time that you are allergic to egg whites.

ghost69
    think about it, something pierced your body, it will more than likely hurt for a bit. some people get lucky and stick you and you feel nothing.

Scorpion Fury
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 [Register to see the link]
    think about it, something pierced your body, it will more than likely hurt for a bit. some people get lucky and stick you and you feel nothing.
    that's usually what happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
feeling weird
Hello everyone, Recently, I have been experiencing some weird symptoms and it might just me overreacting, but who knows? So, for the past week, I
Hope - a lot can happen in a year!
Maybe this will give hope to some of you..... I have had two terrible years, 2014 i broke up with my ex who was in my life for 10 years

Featured Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Girlfriend Problems
My friend and I have had a "thing" for about a year now and we're technically dating. We both love each other and we've grown very comfortable around
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
Did I do the right thing? Dating a guy with kids whos living with his baby mama
Okay so basically I struck up a friendship with someone online who told me he had three kids and he was still living with his baby mama. The big red
How to make things up with my family?
Hi all, About a couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my parents that escalated into something way bigger than it should have been, and
She isn't happy with me anymore.
Hi, I just found out about this site and I decided to ask you guys for help. I've been dating a girl for 4 months. She has anxiety and sometimes gets
Ask For Advice