Does NC seem more effective for men or women?

I notice the majority of posts in GBT threads are from guys..and doing NC..

and this is not to say it's specifically men but it just seems that men tend to want their ex'es back more intensely than the women do.

I am curious if NC is simply more effective on a mans psyche than a womans?

I have had limited contact with my ex and he seems to sniff around when I

pull away a lot more. We broke up because he didn;t want to "commit" completely and he took me for granted. he just seems to want me because he can't have me anymore, so I leery of his motivations. Thus...making me do NC harder at times.

women on average don't love as much or as intensely as men do. When our wives die, we die. When a husband dies, the wife thinks, well he hasn't been able to get it up since he turned sixty anyway. Statisidcally it is true. Men love more and longer than women. We are a sensitive romantic bunch.

Edited after: The above stated was a joke. lol I don't really believe that.

women on average don't love as much or as intensely as men do. When our wives die, we die. When a husband dies, the wife thinks, well he hasn't been able to get it up since he turned sixty anyway. Statisidcally it is true. Men love more and longer than women. We are a sensitive romantic bunch.

I guess that must explain why so many men immediately start dating other women and get married within a year after their spouse dies!

mending Honestly e notalone is not a good example of men women relationships. The men who are willing to go to a notalone site and talk about their problems are generally more in tune to emotional thinking to begin with. When a few guy friends saw the title of this website they couldn't stop laughing that I type on here, which is okay cuz they don't know my user name and I can still kick their *** anyway.

Men don't talk about their problems. It is seen as self pitying or effiminate, so it makes it harder for them to deal with them in some regards.

Thanks guys. I hope no one thinks I am targeting men only. I know we ALL deal with things in our own way. Maybe I should have posed the question differently, but My Advice you have a point in what you said. I know most guys wouldn't admit to posting for advice on a website and if they did it probably took a lot of time for them to do it.

I would like to think my ex IS coming back around for sincere reasons and not just because he no longer controls what happens with us.

From what I have seen, when a man really loves a woman..he loves her more than she does. I've seen this happen with my friends. Intially it's the women doing the chasing but when love is in the air, the guys just seem to fall hard for the women.

It's just an observation, it's not somthing that may be true elsewhere.

How do you measure or quantify depth of 'love' though? How can you possibly say one loves more than the other? Sure where there's a break up that isn't mutual, you can say that one loved more than the other, but to apply that theory to ongoing relationships just doesn't work. It's impossible to be objective about it, surely?

There's another member on here who has posted in the past on relationships and how one person in the relationship puts in more or loves more than the other.

I don't remember the member's name but the phenonemon they mentioned is called the 'Passion Paradox' (link removed) which explains this. Could be something to it or maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that was a joke. I think women love just as much as men.

Archived