"doesn't have feelings for me anymore?"

brent642

well today's the one month mark for our breakup and i've still been thinking about it everyday...i mean first loves(1st for me,2nd for her), first sex(for both of us), 2.5 years of passion(longest relationship for both of us)...it was great.

now acceptance is a hard thing to understand but i'm slowly getting there. i'm hoping for the best(getting back) yet planning for the worst(losing her forever)...it's a mindset i really relate to...

...anyways back to my question. way back at the beginning of the breakup she told me she just "lost passion" for me. She also said things like "relationship is boring", "we never do anything anymore", the dreaded "I love you but I'm not IN love with you"...i was crying at the time when i said "isn't there any way we can work on it?" to which she replied "it's not you, it's me"...

...in the later weeks i actually read her journal(long story lol) and i found a little passage she wrote saying things like "Why stay with someone if you don't feel the same you used to feel about them?"...then again she's young,17...i found out from her best friend that another reason was because "we were so long-term and used to each other that she figured she might as well explore other options while she's young."

i honestly don't understand how someone could say they "don't feel the same about them anymore"...you were in love with them right? feelings don't just disappear(assuming some major things didn't happen)...do any women out there on this forum relate to such a claim because i cannot understand for the life of me. i honestly want to believe this is just a phase and eventually she'll come back to me...because well, i'm just that awesome.

Of course feelings can change. You're not allowing her to be a person if you don't accept she has freedom for her own feelings. And she's allowed to look for happiness...and if you really care about her you can just let her be herself and do that.

It is hard, but she sure sounds like she has lost attraction towards you. Maybe she was getting bored, maybe she did feel like she could be happier doing other things.

If you do want to be with her, the only way it will happen is if she's attracted back to you. Give her some space and get yourself back to being the fun, interesting guy she loved. Or just do it for yourself and let her go. But try hard to not guilt her about her feelings changing....it really won't help. Hope you both end up happy, however it goes.

Archived