Ex is dying.

Abbygail

I don't even know how to begin to deal with this. We're on NC and I know that if I spoke to him again I would only make things worse on him and I don't want that... he was hiding it from his friends (incl me) until recently when he almost died... and I don't know what to do. I don't know.

It's his heart/lungs... he's not over me yet so I'm so scared that if I break NC and talk to him, the emotions he'll feel will only make things worse and make it more likely he'll die more quickly. He already told me just the other day that it was too hard being my friend. (This is before I knew about all this.)

It's his heart/lungs... he's not over me yet so I'm so scared that if I break NC and talk to him, the emotions he'll feel will only make things worse and make it more likely he'll die more quickly. He already told me just the other day that it was too hard being my friend. (This is before I knew about all this.)

In the end, it'll mean more to him that you cared enough to come back.

You can tell him that he can wish you away at any time if he feels that you're doing more harm than good.

In the end, it'll mean more to him that you cared enough to come back.

You can tell him that he can wish you away at any time if he feels that you're doing more harm than good.

I agree with this 100%. Give him the option. Tell him you'll be there for him, but if he'd rather you weren't, that's fine too

Long story short, I felt like I was sacrificing a lot more to be with him than he was to be with me. That was 3 months ago... he'd been pretending to hate me up until the day before yesterday when we had a heart-felt talk about how we both really felt and why we can't be friends.

Now this happens...

If you found out through someone else then can that someone else feel out the situation and see if contact from you would be welcome. If he is hurting over the break up and couldn't be friends with you, the last thing you should do is contact him because that would be serving your purpose (dealing with feelings of guilt) rather than his.

I can't be certain, but human support... Even in the form of a parted lover... is all that a person asks for, when the curtain is coming down. You can't go with him, but you can at least be there to hold his hand - for a minute if nothing more. Do you really think it would hurt him WORSE to know that you care?

I can't be certain, but human support... Even in the form of a parted lover... is all that a person asks for, when the curtain is coming down. You can't go with him, but you can at least be there to hold his hand - for a minute if nothing more. Do you really think it would hurt him WORSE to know that you care?

When a person is dying one should never assume what they would want if it is something that has the potential to cause distress.

Archived