Irritated because I'm broke & can't find a job!!!

JoeCool

I am so desperate and agitated because I've been unemployed for so long and I'm finding it so hard to get a job in my area. I'm not looking for some big spectacular job.. I just need something to help me while I'm in school. My folks and friends have helped me out but I really feel bad taking money from them whenever we go out. I want to be independent with my money. I don't care what job I get, I can work at McDonalds right now for all I care. I just need money so I can pay off for some things and be more independent. I hate being broke. I currently live in Atlanta Georgia.. I've tried calling and showing up at different places and stores and no one is hiring.. It's quite depressing and I feel like giving up because everywhere I go, I get the same mess and tired response.. we're not hiring. I'm also very scared about the type of jobs I'm looking for.. I have to much of a nervous anxiety issue to work with people like being a cashier and I have issues with that.. Sigh I just don't know where I can go or what I can do..

Sorry to hear that. I think the biggest problem is that the economy is terrible right now. We have the highest unemployment rate in a long time. This leads me to believe that it's not about you, it's about the overall economy making it tough for everyone who is looking to find a job. Do you have any friends or family members who can hook you up with a job (a lot of people get jobs because of people they know rather than going through the formal channels).

just think positive thoughts. You are worth something. Don't think about the negative of not having a job BUT think that i am so worth more that the right job will be around the corner. Do what you need to make sure you have electric but remember that this only temporary and that greatness is in the future!

yes i was there two years ago...was out of a job for a year...my dogs need surgery...almost $2500 for it. no money no job nothing but it worked out. I actually took a job at publix as a deli clerk at $11 an hour. I use to make a $100K a year. ANd you know what happened. By taking that job i opened up the world to me for a better things and so now...two years later...no money problems and making what i did originally so let the sun shine in.

Two suggestions:

-go to your career center at school and ask for help...often they have career counselors and job postings for students

-do an internship (you might even be able to get school credit)...often employers will hire someone who has done an internship first

The most important thing is to keep your spirits up and realize this isn't about you personally. Good luck!

Archived