EVERYTHING upsets my stomach! Any help out there???

i am 20 years old and im in my 3rd year of college. once i graduate i intend on becoming a US Marshall. the problem i have is that i can't gain weight or muscle barely at all. the main reason for this is because i cant eat enough to put some meat on my bones. i am 6'1 and currently weigh 140 lbs. last year i worked out a lot and got up to 155 but a rough summer brought me back down.

my problem is that everything i eat upsets my stomach. the reason i decided to come on to here right now is because i just drank a glass of water and even that upset my stomach! it's as if whenever i eat, i can only eat a tiny bit before i feel very full. but then...if i wait about 20 minutes or so, i can eat a whole bunch of food again because i feel hungry again.

i'd say on average, to eat an entire dinner sized portion from a restaurant, i would have to take about 2 half hour breaks while eating to finish it. in short - i fill up VERY quickly, but im also very quick to get hungry again.

even if im starving, i can only eat a little bit. and this is a huge problem to me because i need to be eating and im very under weight. i look skinny and sickly looking and i hate it. but it's so hard when everything i put into my mouth makes me want to lay down to let my stomach settle down.

im going to see a doctor about this within the next week or so. but i just wanted to post this tonight and see if anyone on here has ever had this or if anyone might know what's going on. i guess im just scared that i might have something seriously wrong with me like a disease or something. ive been pretty healthy my whole life, im scared to think something might change my lifestyle forever.

thanks for reading

You sound like me... If it's inconvenient for you to eat, do you tend to just skip it? I think tat doing that has caused my stomach to shrink or something, I fill up after like half a bowl, but I'm not actually sated, and when I try to finish, I feel nasty...

I'll be watching this thread closely, I need the same advice I think...

Fully medical workup is definitely a good idea.

Outside of that, what works well for me with any diet related problem is to try an elimination diet of sorts. Introduce only foods that don't upset your stomach.

However, if water is giving you trouble, I think it is a good time to go the medical route at this point.

Archived