Tightlacing, Corsetting, Waist-Training, Etc.

Hey all!

I just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this subject matter. I'm looking into getting started and I have all the major facts (health wise and such) just looking for personal opinions/experiences. Anyway if you have anything to say pleas feel free!!! And if I do get into it I will certainly be posting all kinds of pictures (tasteful of course, I'm no floose) lol

Edited to say

As far as opinions go, simply saying whether you like the profile/silhouette of a corsetted woman (or man) would be an interesting discussion...

I never really thought about it til now. It might be uncomfortable for long periods of time. And possibly cause some digestion problems if you go cramming all you internals into a smaller space. Just thinking.

I've gone over all the health things, even had a talk about it with my doctor. I wouldnt be able to eat nearly as much but then that wouldnt be such a bad thing. Also different styles are more likely to cause issues than others...those should be avoided of course. I have worn a corset for 12 hours at a time and I didnt find it to be uncomfortable...but its something you have to be really into for it to feel "ok" ... guess I'm a freak? lol

I don't mind the silhouette but I don't understand:

what occasions do you want to wear them for?

"Sexy time" (lol)

on a daily basis?

going out?

under clothes?

as a top?

well i think you can wear them for all those things. they make diff corsets for diff occasions. its a pretty eccentric thing to do on a day to day basis, but if its pulled off well, then it can look darn cool. i usually associate corset wearers these days with goths, to be honest, as i see a lot of goths wearing corsets in the more alternative parts of my city. as for the corset silhouette, i mean, its not something i would do, mainly because it wouldnt suit my style and plus i associate it with the constrictions placed on women during the 17th and 18th centuries, if you catch my drift.but as long as your dressing for your own self and expression, then go for it i say.

I don't mind the silhouette but I don't understand:

what occasions do you want to wear them for?

"Sexy time" (lol)

on a daily basis?

going out?

under clothes?

as a top?

First I laughed really loudly and scared my sleeping dog when I read "sexy time" hehe....

Anyway I don't want to wear one over my clothes cuz...well as a top wuld be ok on occasion but thats just not me...Anyway they sell hardly noticeable ones called training corsets to wear UNDER your clothes like any other undergarment, and it trains your waistline (and more so your lower ribs/organs) into an hourglass shape in time. That said, I have a slight hourglass figure but I would like more definition and I love the look. I dont want to do it extremish like others, I only want to have a NATURAL looking hourglass...no strange proportions for this lady...you wear it everyday

(just for informations sake) you wear a cloth liner between yourself and the corset so it doesnt get disgusting, and so you only have to buy one or two and can buy multiple liners that can be machine washed. Corsets must be handwashed and the liners just make life easier.

They are VERY expensive if you custom order them but its safer that way because all bodies are different (of course)

ahh ok. makes sense.

i gotta say though, it still seems uncomfy but you can try it of course.

i feel there are a bunch of other ways to get a natural looking hourglass figure. for instance by wearing dresses which cinch with a belt at the waist. or wearing form fitting tops.

2 things i dont like about corsets:

-u cant wear form fitting tops , i think, since it can show under the blouse.

-it restricts movement, like when i want to bend i t would seem like a chore.

well i think you can wear them for all those things. they make diff corsets for diff occasions. its a pretty eccentric thing to do on a day to day basis, but if its pulled off well, then it can look darn cool. i usually associate corset wearers these days with goths, to be honest, as i see a lot of goths wearing corsets in the more alternative parts of my city. as for the corset silhouette, i mean, its not something i would do, mainly because it wouldnt suit my style and plus i associate it with the constrictions placed on women during the 17th and 18th centuries, if you catch my drift.but as long as your dressing for your own self and expression, then go for it i say.

Well the constrictions thing was a concern of mine at first as well as was whether it would ruin me for child-bearing. (I'm going into midwifery) In the 17th and 18th centuries many babies and mothers died because the style of corset worn and the fact that a corset was worn during pregnancy (and laced tightly to hide the bulging tummy) I have put those fears to rest knowing that 1. I'm not going to wear the same style corset as those poor women did and 2. I would NEVER consider in 1 million years wearing a corset if I got pregnant and 3. It's my choice, no one is telling me thats the standard (its of course against the standard)

Anyway, the above explains which I want and how it is easily hidden under clothes as that face right

the mind associated with it and the body attached are far from gothic...lol I have goth friends who I love dearly but it's not how I choose to express myself

ahh ok. makes sense.

i gotta say though, it still seems uncomfy but you can try it of course.

i feel there are a bunch of other ways to get a natural looking hourglass figure. for instance by wearing dresses which cinch with a belt at the waist. or wearing form fitting tops.

2 things i dont like about corsets:

-u cant wear form fitting tops , i think, since it can show under the blouse.

-it restricts movement, like when i want to bend i t would seem like a chore.

Well the corsets, after several months of waist training, are a more permanent solution. As for form fitting tops, you don't always have to wear the corset, though I dont wear many form fitting clothes anyway, but you can take it off for the day and wear it at night, it's not gonna ruin anything. It does restrict movement and is definetly not for everyone, but I like it...it's likely a Tabatha thing lol

Hi there, I love corsets and I think it sounds like a fun idea. I am quite gothic and normally only wear them when I go out to metal clubs. I don't find them uncomfortable and I have them laced pretty tight. I love the shape it gives me. I am a naturally curvy woman and I am fine with all of my body except one part, my tummy! When I put a corset on I have a flat stomach and I love it!

You'll look great

Hi there, I love corsets and I think it sounds like a fun idea. I am quite gothic and normally only wear them when I go out to metal clubs. I don't find them uncomfortable and I have them laced pretty tight. I love the shape it gives me. I am a naturally curvy woman and I am fine with all of my body except one part, my tummy! When I put a corset on I have a flat stomach and I love it!

You'll look great

AHA A kindred spirit! I knew out of all the members here there had to be at least ONE person who would think it attractive

lol

Thanks for the post

oh yeah i know there are heaps of ppl who arent goths who wear corsets! its just they wear it really eccentrically, you know, full on lace etc.

O yea...no mine is just gonna be kinda passive and hidden. I might get a really nice one to wear as a top, but I dont know, they are pretty pricey. C'est la vie.

Hey all!

I just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this subject matter. I'm looking into getting started and I have all the major facts (health wise and such) just looking for personal opinions/experiences. Anyway if you have anything to say pleas feel free!!! And if I do get into it I will certainly be posting all kinds of pictures (tasteful of course, I'm no floose) lol

Edited to say

As far as opinions go, simply saying whether you like the profile/silhouette of a corsetted woman (or man) would be an interesting discussion...

Personally I think it looks real uncomfortable and don't like the idea of 'training' your body into a different shape to what it naturally is. I don't have a problem with simple decorative corsets as tops (which are usually not full on corsets, just simply that style).

However you seem like you know your stuff, and if that's what you want to do then best of luck!

i love wearing corsets. i have 7 of them.

i dont like the look of the overly constricted waist. it shouldnt look like you are breaking in half.

my waist is about a 26. I am comfortable taking it down to a 23-24 i think.

of course i only wear corsets when i am prancing around my room naked and bored....

As a guy, I think corsets are awesome on the "full figured" gal. That is a piece of lingerie that just about all women can look really good in.

As a Nurse I do have concerns. Corsets are notorious for restricting blood flow. Which tends to explain why Victorian woman were prone to fainting. If a corset is worn for too long a time return blood flow could be slowed to the point of creating blood clots in the legs. Not good.

I am not at all happy with the concept of "waist training". Restricted blood flow, constriction of the intestines, loss of muscle tone in the lower back, restricted breathing, these all bother me.

Still it looks really good. I think wearing one out to a date or club is fine. But for several hours a day? Not so good an idea.

Ehhh.. I have worn them out sometimes, but I wore the corset as a top. Not under anything. I think I looked pretty good in them, but they're so gosh dang uncomfortable. You can't dance, bend over, or sit up straight in them without almost dying. But I liked the way it looked on me. Would I ever wear one again? Ehhhh probably not. Very uncomfortable and maybe a little trashy IMO. Not the kind of attention I want.

are you wearing them under clothes? I can't imagine doing that either. even to look thinner. I'd rather just go to the gym

Archived