Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Other guys are pissing me off...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by debaser_wolf
    Some of my best friends are guys. I would be giving up a lot if I was only friends with girls.
    Same here, for sure - and my bf and I wouldn't have the relationship we have because I know it's broadened my perspective to have close friends who are guys. No, I would not give my number out to a man I didn't know who seemed interested in dating me, but if I did, by mistake, big deal, I just correct the error right away if he calls. I also wouldn't give up the one on one time I spend with guy friends because in general I prefer one on one time with friends to larger groups.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Same here, for sure - and my bf and I wouldn't have the relationship we have because I know it's broadened my perspective to have close friends who are guys. No, I would not give my number out to a man I didn't know who seemed interested in dating me, but if I did, by mistake, big deal, I just correct the error right away if he calls. I also wouldn't give up the one on one time I spend with guy friends because in general I prefer one on one time with friends to larger groups.
    Agreed. My bf and I both have many friends of the opposite sex who we hang out with without the other present. My guy friends add value to my experiences (and vice versa I hope!) and same goes for my bf and his female friends.

[QUOTE=I am Suicide;2763649]no offence, i mean you are pretty. but not stalkable i say 6.5. well i guess it just means everybody where you live is fugly. that'd do it

I'm just sayin'

ooh i take it back. that picture is sooo much better. i now officially pronounce you stalkable... um that doesn't sound right. pretty eyes though

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Same here - I have guy friends who I harmlessly flirt with and would have no issue with my bf being there to see/hear it and neither would he.
    That's how I am as well. My best friend is a guy (Also happens to be my fiance's best friend so not sure if it's the same thing or not?) but i've always been better friends with guys than I have girls. To date I have maybe 3 girls that I consider actual "friends" whereas I have maybe 6 or 7 guys I hang out with regularly, given more often than not we always hang out as a group them with their gf's and me and my fiance but if it came down to us hanging out by ourselves my fiance would have no problem with it and same with him hanging out with a female, one of his great friends is a female and she comes over to his house to see him often and they play games online together every night they don't really "hang out" but I would be ok if they did because I fully trust both of them, she's happily married and I know my fiance would never cheat on me especially with her. In a relationship you have to have that trust there or it's not going to work the insecurities that you have can very well be the end of your relationship.

Also as far as the "flirtatious" thing, I playfully flirt with my best friend as does my fiance with his female friend however we both have our comfortable boundaries and know when to stop and if either of us get uncomfortable for any reason we stop altogether.

[QUOTE=I am Suicide;2768063]ooh i take it back. that picture is sooo much better. i now officially pronounce you stalkable... um that doesn't sound right. pretty eyes though

Haha That made me laugh.

I think a large majority of your problems stems with your age and insecurities. You haven't really been able to fully interact with people yet (this is assuming you go to school and work in a retail/fast food/customer service type job) and that the people you have talked to are immature.

Even if someone compliments you and thinks you are pretty, it doesn't seem they do not respect your or their relationship. I occasionally see my ex-boyfriend (unplanned bumpings) and I still think he looks great. Out of respect I'm not going to tell him, I want to sleep with you or act on it!! I trust my boyfriend to do the same with his ex-girlfriend (she looks good too) and I know he's human. Your boyfriend might have to go on business trips with a female co-worker in the future. Are you going to freak out and make him quit his job?

I've returned back to school after my mat. leave, and know that some men are interested. I don't need to scream at them, "OMG I HAVE A BABY, DON'T TALK TO ME OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!" As a matter of fact, it seems if you are clever/subtle enough you can redirect the conversation without even having to bring it up in that manner.

To each their own.

It's not just me that is like this, also most of my girl friends that are in relationships and alot of my boyfriend's guy friends that are in relationships.

They both 100% agree that it is totaly natural to not want to hang out with the opposite sex alone.

And I haven't always been that way either, so it wouldn't have much to do with age. When I was with my ex I had one guy friend that I hung out with ALL the time alone, we were best friends, and he also became my ex's best friend. Although I also had feelings for my best friend. And when my ex would hang out with strippers etc, (friends) It wouldn't bother me! I don't know what was wrong with me, I wasn't fully in love with him so I didn't really care.

But with my boyfriend now, we both agree that giving out our numbers to the opposite sex is a bad idea and hanging out with them one on one. If its a group thing, fine. And he would tell me who all was going to be there too. We both consider flirting cheating, etc. We are just very loyal people and thats how it will stay. It's not like I TOLD him, "you can't do this, blah blah" this is something that we agreed on together, it didn't even cause a stir. When I 1st suggested it after we had been together almost a month, he was like, "Well yeah, of course that's a given when your in a relationship"

My friend Ashley, she's the same way with her boyfriend. They don't even really text the opposite sex. Which I do text my best guy friend Scott (pract the only one) and my boyfriend Occasionaly text those few girls he's known forever. But then we never hang out with them. My boyfriend will prob never hang out with those girls again, its not an option. They are all 5 hrs away and when he comes home its just to see me and his family.

My friend Cheryl, my BEST friend, she's been with her boyfriend for over a year and she's my age and he's 22 and they feel the same way. They have friends of the opposite sex, and they text them, but they only hang out with them in groups.

Pract all of my friends are that way. Same with my friend Heather who has been with her boyfriend for 3.5 years and been in an LDR for 2. They are the same way. And trust me, no trust issues would be brought up if it did happen, they just simply don't want to do it.

And neither do me and my boyfriend, so why is it so weird? Hanging out with guys (other then Scott) one on one would make me feel really akward. Expec someone new. I don't want to do it, same with my boyfriend.

And besides, when I was single and would hang out with guys one on one they were all guys I had feelings for or wanted to date, I didn't really have JUST a friend. Except for Scott, and that's why he is still my friend. All of the other guys would be ones that I would have feelings for, or may of done some stuff with in the past. Thats why I got rid of them all before my boyfriend, I jsut got sick of it.

And then when my ex best friend got a girl friend and we would always hang out and I would constantly try to flirt and pull moves on him he wouldnt budge and it hurt expec bad being able to hang out with him so much and not being able to express that because he wasn't interested in me and had a girlfriend. Everytime he would bring her name up I'd get hurt.

so it's just one of those things, I've done it before, learned my lesson, and have grown up. Not something I want to cross again.

Me and my boyfriend are totaly fine the way we are. Now, if one or both of us were feeling like we were missing out and would WANT to hang out with the opposite sex, well I would have to let him do it. I don't want to hold him back, and same with him. But thats not an issue. It's simply a mutual agreement.

Take in mind, ALL couples are different.

And age and job have nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I'd prob worry if my boyfriend had to go out of town with a female co worker but I really dont see that happening. He's going into Mechanical Enginnering. And his dad is the same, and not ONCE has he ever had to do that.

I am going to college, and you are right about the retail job but it is a very nice classy place. I am BY FAR the youngest person that works there and shops there. The average age for it is around 25-70's. So if that gives you a picture. I am the youngest employee by at least 2-3 years.

And I have done things that are far beyond my age too. (police academy) And most of the people there were guys, but then I didn't hang out with them or get their numbers. It just depends.

Platinum Member
    I still don't understand what is so uncomfortable for you about hanging out with guys. What do you think is going to happen? Is it that you are convinced they all want to hook up with you and won't stop trying to? I doubt that is true. There are guys out there who would just want to be friends with you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    Yeah, I'd prob worry if my boyfriend had to go out of town with a female co worker
    Again, I can't understand why. If he ends up having to do this for work, so what? Nothing will happen if he's committed to you and it's not like he's going to even feel the urge to just hook up with someone just because she's around.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice