Other guys are pissing me off...

Rose21

Seriously, I've tried everything, why wont they leave me alone?! I don't give out my number, I don't hang out with them, when they talk to me I talk constantly about my boyfriend and they still don't let up.

I wish I could just wear a big sign that says, "TAKEN, F-off"

Is this the price I must pay for being attractive?

I even had a guy that I hung out with like ONCE a year ago text me at like 2 am saying that he was horny, drunk and bored. And I had to tell him I didnt care, was sleeping, and he needed to leave me alone. And he KNOWS how loyal I am with my boyfriend.

I'm not mean when guys come up to me and don't know, I just tell them and say I wont give them by number or hang out because I have a boyfriend, or continue to bring him up in conversation. But if a guy KNOWS this and they keep persisiting? Then I have to get mean.

My boyfriend is the same way, but all he has to do is politely decline and then he's left alone. Why can't that work for me?

What is it with guys. I'm so sick of it.

Honestly, I really do dislike most guys. I have my wonderful boyfriend, I have my one guy friend whom I've know a year before my boyfriend who is like my brother, and gives me relationship advice and also likes my boyfriend. (even though I've known him for so long, I still dont hang out with him out of respect) And I have my little brother.

What other guys do I need?

It REALLY bothers me when other guys hit on me, and I want to punch them when they get all up in my face. I'll bring up my boyfriend and casualy mention, "Oh yeah, I love going to the shooting range. It was so cool shooting full automatic M-4's with the Dallas SWAT team" And they still don't let up=(

What can I do to get the, to leave me alone? Seriously guys are animals.

I liked it when I was single. But now that I'm in a serious/commited relationship and don't plan on being single or taken by anyone else again, it really bothers me!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. I wish there was a way out of it.

I know how to shoot a gun (good shot actually) I can take care of myself in the self defense area, and I can be stone cold at times, which sometimes works to scare guys off, but others just like it and wont let up. Think I'm playing "hard to get" even though I have a boyfriend.

I want to major in Criminology, when guys know that some guys stay clear. But at other times it doesn't work=(

The ONLY guys that I am actually "okay" with talking to are my friend's SERIOUS boyfriend's, or my mom's guy friends who have wifes. Thats it.

I don't think there is a solution. You're doing all you can do. I've never had to deal with this so I don't really know what to tell you except, I hear ya. It sucks.

Not all guys are like this though...and I'm a little surprised to hear you don't have guy friends. I have a bunch and just kinda assumed all women did. Learn something new every day! Anyway, I think that's probably irrelevant to the problems you are having with these guys. All I can say is good luck and I think you're handling it well.

Well I have one guy friend, and he's all that I need.

For me, to have truly a best "guy or girl friend" of the opposite sex, and make sure it STAYS that way, you have to find something in them that absolutly repulses you about them and that you could never see yourself with them. My boyfriend also agrees. Although he never had a close friend that was a girl before me, and there is no use in making a new one now.

My guy friend, we text from time to time and that's about it. I don't hang out with him alone. I went to a movie with him and my boyfriend, and the only other time would be if I was with a girl friend and we hung out with him, that'd be it.

Neither me and my boyfriend hang out with members of the opposite sex one on one, or get numbers. The only exception for me, is that I already had my friend's number and my boyfriend knows him and likes him.

The only reason why I feel more comfortable talking to married men, or boyfriends or my friends is because I know they are commited and I am in no danger of getting hit on. EXPEC my friend's boyfriends. I have a friend named Ashley, and sometimes when I hang out with her she has her boyfriend with her. Like we'll go to church together. And I'm fine with talking to him, because I know how much in love he is with her and he knows how into my boyfriend I am. And I'll talk about him with them etc.

Is this the price I must pay for being attractive?

I know huh? Being attractive is soooooo hard!!!!!!!

My boyfriend is the same way, but all he has to do is politely decline and then he's left alone. Why can't that work for me?

Maybe because you are just SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! lol

Well some guys are just scum.

I have guys from way back when asking me if we could "hook up" or if I still have a boyfriend or want a guy on the side. * * * !

I had to put my ex on my caller rejection list. If it gets worse, I'm going to have to start doing that with the other persisitent guys. Because that also blocks texting.

Well some guys are just scum.

I have guys from way back when asking me if we could "hook up" or if I still have a boyfriend or want a guy on the side. * * * !

I had to put my ex on my caller rejection list. If it gets worse, I'm going to have to start doing that with the other persisitent guys. Because that also blocks texting.

It works both ways. Girls can be very sneaky and manipulative to try and get with a guy that has a girlfriend. I know quite a few women that have crushes on taken men and they don't ask them out but will tell the boyfriend they can do better, give them bad advice that leads to breakups, flirt and be sexually suggestive, do things to make the girlfriend look bad or imply that she's cheating, etc...and that's just scratching the surface of some of the evil plots I've seen.

And I agree that you just aren't being assertive enough. My ex got hit on quite a bit but once was all it took to have them leave her alone. Why are you even responding to guys that ask if you can hook up or want something on the side? That is disrespectful and deserves to be nothing but ignored.

I don't respond to those guys. I did earlier in the relationship, but now I just sigh and delete the texts now.

I only responded to that one guy last night becuase I was sleeping and he wouldn't leave me alone.

"My past" Again, I wasn't hooking up with these guys or cheating on the current boyfriend at the time.

And none of the guys now know me at my college, its all NEW.

What is the fascination with taken girls?

(1) more challenging

(2) learned behavior: some women respond and this ruins it for the faithful ones

(3) selfishness

(4) lack of respect

(5) disregard for another person's feelings

(6) general jerkiness

(1) more challenging

(2) learned behavior: some women respond and this ruins it for the faithful ones

(3) selfishness

(4) lack of respect

(5) disregard for another person's feelings

(6) general jerkiness

None of the above IMO.

I think it all goes back to the sayin "people want/desire or are more attracted to what they cant have"

I think it all goes back to the sayin "people want/desire or are more attracted to what they cant have"

I don't see any incompatibility between my non-exhaustive list and this saying. It's one thing to want something you can't have, but to actually act on it is a separate thing and I believe everything I've listed contributed to that part of it.

A respectful, non-jerky guy, non-selfish guy may look, may desire, may wish a particular person were single, but will not actually try to go after a woman who is taken. And vice versa.

I think you have to let this roll off your back a bit. And please realize these are some guys, not all guys. My friendships with men enrich my life whether I am in a relationship or not and they would not be my friend if they were disrespectful of my bf or relationship. I can't relate to your taking pride in shutting yourself off from being friends with an entire gender, or seeing it as a sign of "respect" just because you have a boyfriend, but obviously you are entitled to choose your friends based on any criteria you wish and you and your bf can define your boundaries however it makes you comfortable.

I just hope you're not making the mistake of generalizing based on the guys who hit on you or act disrespectfully toward you. Since that is your choice then I would stop the convo past what you absolutely must do to be polite so that you don't even have to announce you have a bf.

Hey hun.. I'll tell you what.. that's cool you have a boyfriend. He can keep you busy when your away from me. And since your from Dallas you can join me in uptown for a drink and conversation.

HAAAA ... you wish , no but really I see what you mean. Take it as a compliment, it is what it is. And when you become 60 and wrinkley don't forget about this post!!!

Take it as a compliment, it is what it is. And when you become 60 and wrinkley don't forget about this post!!!

I agree...why waste time and energy being angry about it, when you can just smile and move on.

I am sure you enjoy the attention more than you dislike it. For the simple fact that you created a thread on it. If guys were to NOT hit on you from now on, you would probably feel like you aren't attractive or something.

I agree...why waste time and energy being angry about it, when you can just smile and move on.

I am sure you enjoy the attention more than you dislike it. For the simple fact that you created a thread on it. If guys were to NOT hit on you from now on, you would probably feel like you aren't attractive or something.

I can respect this thread to a certain degree because nobody likes disrespect or disrespectful people, but this thread also reads like a, "I'm abusrdly attractive, and so is my incredibly hot boyfriend" vanity post. And hey, there's nothing at all wrong with that. Everyone needs little hits to help out their ego from time to time, and it's also good that after calling yourself very attractive, and referring to your boyfriend the same way, that you've provided the photographic proof so that we can't doubt the authenticity of the claims of grandeur.

I do read a lot of posts by women on ENA complaining about what a burden it is to be so insanely attractive. Similarly, and appareintly, it's also quite cumbersom to be smart, rich, famous, witty, and a whole host of other burdens which I pray in my deepest heart of hearts don't end up turning viral and infecting the whole lot of us like some vicious plague marking the End of Days.

Maybe this is the sequel to "I Am Legend" where instead of becoming a zombie, insane good looks start spreading accross the country, and there's only a small community of ugly people left to fight the virus and someday end the scourge of pure, hot sexy Lovemuffinitis. Will Smith is too attractive though. They'd have to think of a new lead.

Because really, imagine if we all had to be so incredibly good looking, rich, and smart? Holy smokes! The suicide rates in this country would certainly skyrocket.

I don't think ALL guys are like this, don't get me wrong. And if guys in my class are talking to me, although I will mention my boyfriend, I will talk to them and not be rude. I'm only rude if they hit on me when I already say I have a boyfriend.

Like the other day I brought up my boyfriend to this guy in my class, and then he didnt hit on me so we went on to talk about my major, his major, the stupid late policy at my school and how we thought it was weird etc etc. Casual conversation. But again, I wouldn't give out my number or hang out with them.

It's not something I feel like I'm missing out on, it's just something I don't feel comfortable doing.

What's interesting is, my mom is doing this foreign exchange program, she teaches german and english and we have this german guy living at our house for 3 weeks. He's my mom's age, and his wife is coming down next week.

He's fun to talk to. What is interesting is that he JUST got married to his wife, they've been married a year BUT have been together for 22 years! And they see eachother just on the weekends because of her career.

It's interesting to see the different in cultures, where in America people want to get married early, when in Germany not many people get married.

I dont want to get married until I'm 25. It may be a little earlier, but not until ATLEAST 23, when I'm out of college.

Why bring up your bf before the person hits on you? It sounds like they are "guilty till proven innocent". Many men, like many women, like to make friends, regardless of the gender. It's also a good way to remind yourself that despite having a bf, you are your own, independent person - injecting "my bf..." gives the impression that you're dependent in a negative way and that you don't have much else going on except that you happen to have a bf-- that is, when it's done constantly.

I bring him up, when they FLIRT with me lol.

Then why did you say this....

I'm only rude if they hit on me when I already say I have a boyfriend.

The above quote suggests that you tell them before they even think about hitting on you.

Do you tell EVERY man that talks to you that you are taken? If not, how do you decipher who you tell this to and who you don't? Or are you just sooooo good looking that EVERY man that has a pulse and talks to you, hits on you?

I really don't think that being hit on should be a complaint. What if you and your BF dont work out in the future and now a guy that was just being friendly with you will never ask you out now because you were so quick to tell him that you are taken?

I think it is grand that you care for your BF so much to the point to where you do not like other men even thinking about hitting on you but it is not necessary to tell every guy that you are taken. I am sure there are not as many men coming up to you to hit on you then you think.

Archived