Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Other guys are pissing me off...

That's your opinion. Your also going on just one tiny picture.

I'm not saying that I will SHUN friendships with guys. I'm not saying I wont talk to them. I'm still friendly and still talk to guys, if I don't understand something in my class I may ask for help or ask what assignment we have to do.

But having friends of the opposite sex doesn't mean I have to get their numbers or hang out with them.

That's something I don't want to do.

I have no problem with talking to a guy casualy about life in general and an array of other things, but not every friendship means you have to hang out with them alone!

I have school friends. I barely have time to hang out with my girl friends outside of school as is.

My boyfriend would be hurt if I met a new guy and was like going off to luch/dinner and a movie with them, why would I do that? Would I want to? no.

I talk to them at school, say whats up, and see how they are doing in life.

Isn't that one friendship is? I don't need to hang out with them exclusively. That's all I'm getting at.

It's not like I'm saying, "No don't talk to me!" I have an hr break between my classes and alot of times I'm talking to my girl friends and their guy friends, or a friendly guy that pops up at the table. And as long as they arn't trying to get with me, everything is fine.

But why would your bf be upset if you hung out with other guys? Does he not fully trust you?

having a sign on you that says 'taken , f - off' doesnt mean 'no, dont talk to me!' ? jeez i really need to catch up the newer sayings these days then.

not everyone who is a guy wants to get into your pants. i guess you havent realized that yet since youre oh sooooo attractive.

Originally Posted by fragmint
    not everyone who is a guy wants to get into your pants. i guess you havent realized that yet since youre oh sooooo attractive.

LOL!

But you know it does..

Well I know every guy doesnt think that way.

I guess just the ones that I've run into have. Idk its just certain ones.

And my boyfriend does truly trust me. And I trust him, although I would be much more worried/anxious if he hung out with girls vs the other way around.

I just don't like it.

Why is it so bad not to hang out with the opposite sex one on one when your in a relationship? It makes us uncomfortable. Why FORCER ourselves to do something we dont really want?

I like group hang outs. I go to church with my friend and her boyfriend all the time. Her boyfriend is a cool guy, we get along and he's fun to hang out with. But it would be akward if I was alone with him. Just for respect of her and my boyfriend. They are the same way.

There are some nice guys at my school who I talk to on my break, there interesting, I ask for advice etc. But I wouldn't want to hang out with them outside of school unless it was like a group event. It would be akward.

I go out with my girl friends and do fun things, and if they bring guys along or if I go to a party and there are guys there then so be it. If they talk to me, thats fine, I'm friendly. I'll bring up the boyfriend if they ask for my number or get disrespectful, but otherwise just keep the conversation light.

It's not like I wont go to parties, or run away if I'm hanging with friends and there are guys there, I just don't want to put myself in a situation and hang out with a guy I don't know. And I don't want to get to know them by texting and then hanging out, because then to me thats just like dating and betrayal to my boyfriend. Because them feelings develop etc.

It's hard to understand, especially for me because if there is full trust between two people there shouldn't be any reason to feel "worried" or "anxious" whether they are hanging out with someone of the same sex or someone of the opposite sex. It's not bad, and if that is what works for you i'm just having a hard time understanding what is so bad/wrong with having and making new guy friends just because you are in a relationship.

Because it's disrespectful.

If you have a commited boyfriend, why would you WANT to hang out with other guys alone, go to movies, dinner etc? It's just a matter of time til feelings develop. What if they crush on you?

Been there, done that. What if your lonely?

I just don't want to put myself in that situation.

Originally Posted by Rose21

If you have a commited boyfriend, why would you WANT to hang out with other guys alone, go to movies, dinner etc? It's just a matter of time til feelings develop. What if they crush on you?
    Because they are your friend? I don't get what the big deal is. Hanging out with someone is not a slippery slope to developing ridiculous romantic feelings. I can hang out with someone of the opposite sex for 1,000 hours and not get attracted if she's my friend. Mature people can do this.

If they crush on you...I guess it might happen to one or two guys. Don't act on it, and move on. Idk, seems kinda odd to shut yourself down to one gender because you think everyone will inevitably fall for you. That does seem to be a little vain.

Originally Posted by Rose21
    Because it's disrespectful.

Been there, done that. What if your lonely?

I just don't want to put myself in that situation.
    because thats what normal people do. they make friends and they go out and do stuff together.

feelings will develop, but if they develop the wrong way you can end it. if they develop into a great friendship then good. again, not everyone who talks to you wants to date you.

sounds like you just dont wanna put yourself 'in that situation' cause youre not RESPECTFUL enough of your relationship to stand your ground if that happens. so instead of living your life and socializing making friends, youre just going to cut these things out of your life and possibly miss out on a lot of experiences that way you dont have to TEST how 'respectful' you really are to the relationship.

being respectful of your relationship doesnt mean getting rid of all possible events that MIGHTTTTTT lead to developing feelings for others (as friends or otherwise). it means being an individual but handling the SITUATIONS correctly when they arise that might disrupt your relationship. avoiding the situations altogether is impossible anyways and unrealistic.

do what you want, good luck

Okay, this is really frustrating me.

Just because I don't want to hang out with 1 guy ALONE (one on one) does not mean that I am weird or whatever. It just means that my relationship is different, everyone is. You can't expect every relationship to have friends of the opposite sex that they hang out with one on one all the time.

It's not something that I do. I dont WANT to. And neither does my boyfriend.

I don't mind hanging out with guys in a group. I would feel more comfortable hanging out with 2 or 3 guys vs. just one on one.

Thats all I'm getting at.

And it's not like I'm isolating myself from being social or going to a party. I still do those things.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice