Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Other guys are pissing me off...

here are some quotes that come to mind

Derek Zoolander: I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

Derek Zoolander: Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Derek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."
    Matilda: Do what for a career?
    Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good looking.

Rose

Is this the price I must pay for being attractive?--- If you feel that is a major cross to bare because there are men attracted to you then you haven't experienced a lot of hardship yet.

Yeah I agree, the fact that they know you have a guy and continue to hit on you is disrespectful. I immediately lose interest when somebody brings up a bf.

However I might add a great many of women aren't exactly prizes either. Being disrespectful, manipulative, and indifferent or even turned on by the fact that you are in a relationship sure as hell isn't male themed. You got plenty of women who pursue unavailable taken men only out there.

i get hit on a lot too but i'm very much taken. i just try not to let it bother me. in fact, i find it somewhat amusing and even flattering sometimes haha. but my boyfriend is always in the back of my mind.

as far as not having friends of the opposite gender... to each his own, but i would never give up my guy friends and i don't expect my boyfriend to stop talking to female friends he's had since highschool and for yearrsss before we ever even started going out. obviously i should be the one girl he's closest to emotionally (and physically, duh) and i don't know how comfortable i'd be if he started making new opposite sex friends that i didn't know... but i think it's important to still maintain a social life outside your significant other and completely ruling out 50% of the population just because you're in a relationship is a little silly, in my humble opinion.

I just act like if I never heard anything and walk away. If the guy is following me and I feel harassed I tell him to leave me alone.

Well, I've been starting to try not to let it bother me anymore.

And you say ruling out 50% of the population for friends is stupid, but not for me and my boyfriend.

You said that it WOULD bother you if your boyfriend made new friends that were girls that you didn't know. See, if my boyfriend had female friends before that would be okay, but he doesnt. He would have to meet them, hang out with them and get their numbers, like I would have to do with guys, and that would NOT be okay.

It's not something that either of us would want to do. I have my one guy friend Scott, and my boyfriend knows that I've been friends with him for a long time and he's helped me with all of my relationship issues before, and we talk alot, we just dont really hang out.

I perfer to hang out with my girl friends. And he has his guy friends.

I mean, I had ALOT of guy friends before him. 85% of my friends were guys. But I gave all of them up but Scott, because they ALL wanted to get in my pants. They didn't like me, they just wanted sex.

So it deffinatly wouldn't be respectful to keep them around when they only wanted that from me and would ask if I wanted a guy on the side from my boyfriend. so I lost all contact with all of them, because why keep guys around like that?

Most of them left anyways when I got a boyfriend and found out I wouldn't sleep with them.

If either of us HAD close friends of the opposite sex and the relationship had always been totaly platonic with them, then we would be fine with hanging out with them. But he didn't have any, and I only had one, so there would be no point in meeting new ones and getting numbers.

Because that's just disrespectful to us. It's just something that we agreed on, and it's less stressful and easier on us.

uh huh. i hope for your sake, this relationship works out. it gets harder and harder to become 'social' the older you get.

also the other poster said that excluding 50 % of the population due to gender is SILLY, you are the one who put in the word 'stupid' - seems like you acknowledge what you said as true but right afterward made a weak attempt to just say that its just simply not for you and your bf.

and saying that its no point in meeting new people of the opposite sex since you guys havent already is just ridiculous. criminology is in the law field and will have mostly guys in it, in most programs. youre saying that you basically will just ignore all those people around you because you simply talking to someone is 'disrespect' to your relationship? i hope you dont make these kind of arguments in your papers.

oh and i agree with jettison. this sounds like a thread fishing for compliments.

Well as others have hinted, I do hope this relationship works out and you end up happily married, because I have been down the co-dependence road and let me tell you, breaking up will rock you to the core. Having your own life does not mean you don't love your boyfriend, it doesn't mean you aren't committed... on the contrary, it means you understand the concept of trust, and faith. Clinging on for dear life and dropping everything else only means that your relationship only works in a vacuum...

And I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what's wrong with making new friends of the opposite sex after the relationship begins? That's just absurd to me... if I'm in a relationship and I make a new guy friend, that doesn't by any means mean that I'm straying! It means there are billions of interesting, different people out there ... it is just assanine to believe that I can't be friends with guys just because I'm dating someone, that is like saying I have absolutely no self control so I MUST stay away from men because God forbid I might slip and cheat!!

Come on ... if your relationship is strong, Brad Pitt can be in your phone book and you won't budge. This is like people broadcasting their relationships on facebook and all that. Some of the most successful relationships I have seen involve people who don't constantly trumpet their relationship status, who have a plentitude of friends of both genders, who have a life. Sure they would be devastated if their relationship came to an end, but they would pick up and move on.

You have to remember, no relationship is 100%. I don't care how amazing your BF is... especially at your age, things can change. I am just a couple years older than you, but when I was 19 I thought my boyfriend & I were forever. And then he decided to grow up, and it wasn't pretty. Everything changed.

Just keep it in mind. The only person in your life who you can 100% rely on is yourself.

^ I kinda have to agree.. What's really so wrong with having opposite sex friends while in a relationship? Not every other person is out just for sex or to hook up/date you.

Gold Member
    ahh mate those guys just wont one thing, your handling it the respectful way for you and your bf

but i dont think you should shun out other friendships with guys, or a life away from your relationship. if you depend on each other too much and you dont meet the standards your setting for each other, things will fall down hill.

good luck buddy

no offence, i mean you are pretty. but not stalkable i say 6.5. well i guess it just means everybody where you live is fugly. that'd do it

I'm just sayin'

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice