Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Other guys are pissing me off...

Maybe they know about how you were in the past and feel you probably are the same way with this guy as you were with others? Just a thought.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    Well some guys are just scum.

I have guys from way back when asking me if we could "hook up" or if I still have a boyfriend or want a guy on the side. * * * !

I had to put my ex on my caller rejection list. If it gets worse, I'm going to have to start doing that with the other persisitent guys. Because that also blocks texting.
    It works both ways. Girls can be very sneaky and manipulative to try and get with a guy that has a girlfriend. I know quite a few women that have crushes on taken men and they don't ask them out but will tell the boyfriend they can do better, give them bad advice that leads to breakups, flirt and be sexually suggestive, do things to make the girlfriend look bad or imply that she's cheating, etc...and that's just scratching the surface of some of the evil plots I've seen.

And I agree that you just aren't being assertive enough. My ex got hit on quite a bit but once was all it took to have them leave her alone. Why are you even responding to guys that ask if you can hook up or want something on the side? That is disrespectful and deserves to be nothing but ignored.

I don't respond to those guys. I did earlier in the relationship, but now I just sigh and delete the texts now.

I only responded to that one guy last night becuase I was sleeping and he wouldn't leave me alone.

"My past" Again, I wasn't hooking up with these guys or cheating on the current boyfriend at the time.

And none of the guys now know me at my college, its all NEW.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rose21
    What is the fascination with taken girls?
    (1) more challenging
    (2) learned behavior: some women respond and this ruins it for the faithful ones
    (3) selfishness
    (4) lack of respect
    (5) disregard for another person's feelings
    (6) general jerkiness

Originally Posted by lady00
    (1) more challenging
    (2) learned behavior: some women respond and this ruins it for the faithful ones
    (3) selfishness
    (4) lack of respect
    (5) disregard for another person's feelings
    (6) general jerkiness
    None of the above IMO.

I think it all goes back to the sayin "people want/desire or are more attracted to what they cant have"

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Aviatormy
    I think it all goes back to the sayin "people want/desire or are more attracted to what they cant have"
    I don't see any incompatibility between my non-exhaustive list and this saying. It's one thing to want something you can't have, but to actually act on it is a separate thing and I believe everything I've listed contributed to that part of it.
    A respectful, non-jerky guy, non-selfish guy may look, may desire, may wish a particular person were single, but will not actually try to go after a woman who is taken. And vice versa.

Platinum Member
    I think you have to let this roll off your back a bit. And please realize these are some guys, not all guys. My friendships with men enrich my life whether I am in a relationship or not and they would not be my friend if they were disrespectful of my bf or relationship. I can't relate to your taking pride in shutting yourself off from being friends with an entire gender, or seeing it as a sign of "respect" just because you have a boyfriend, but obviously you are entitled to choose your friends based on any criteria you wish and you and your bf can define your boundaries however it makes you comfortable.

I just hope you're not making the mistake of generalizing based on the guys who hit on you or act disrespectfully toward you. Since that is your choice then I would stop the convo past what you absolutely must do to be polite so that you don't even have to announce you have a bf.
    Last edited by Batya33; 10-02-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Hey hun.. I'll tell you what.. that's cool you have a boyfriend. He can keep you busy when your away from me. And since your from Dallas you can join me in uptown for a drink and conversation.

HAAAA ... you wish , no but really I see what you mean. Take it as a compliment, it is what it is. And when you become 60 and wrinkley don't forget about this post!!!

[QUOTE=lifeiscash;2762919]Take it as a compliment, it is what it is. And when you become 60 and wrinkley don't forget about this post!!!

I agree...why waste time and energy being angry about it, when you can just smile and move on.
    I am sure you enjoy the attention more than you dislike it. For the simple fact that you created a thread on it. If guys were to NOT hit on you from now on, you would probably feel like you aren't attractive or something.

Originally Posted by bijoux27
    I agree...why waste time and energy being angry about it, when you can just smile and move on.
    I am sure you enjoy the attention more than you dislike it. For the simple fact that you created a thread on it. If guys were to NOT hit on you from now on, you would probably feel like you aren't attractive or something.
    I can respect this thread to a certain degree because nobody likes disrespect or disrespectful people, but this thread also reads like a, "I'm abusrdly attractive, and so is my incredibly hot boyfriend" vanity post. And hey, there's nothing at all wrong with that. Everyone needs little hits to help out their ego from time to time, and it's also good that after calling yourself very attractive, and referring to your boyfriend the same way, that you've provided the photographic proof so that we can't doubt the authenticity of the claims of grandeur.

I do read a lot of posts by women on ENA complaining about what a burden it is to be so insanely attractive. Similarly, and appareintly, it's also quite cumbersom to be smart, rich, famous, witty, and a whole host of other burdens which I pray in my deepest heart of hearts don't end up turning viral and infecting the whole lot of us like some vicious plague marking the End of Days.

Maybe this is the sequel to "I Am Legend" where instead of becoming a zombie, insane good looks start spreading accross the country, and there's only a small community of ugly people left to fight the virus and someday end the scourge of pure, hot sexy Lovemuffinitis. Will Smith is too attractive though. They'd have to think of a new lead.

Because really, imagine if we all had to be so incredibly good looking, rich, and smart? Holy smokes! The suicide rates in this country would certainly skyrocket.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice