Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are anniversaries a big deal when you're not married?

Im engaged now but our one year dating anniversary passed before we got engaged. To celebrate it, he took me out to dinner to a really, really romantic restaurant and we had a gorgeous meal together. We also surprised each other with some rather long poems that we had written for each other (neither of us knew the other was writing a poem so it was a really lovely surprise when we exchanged them). To this day when I read his poem I get tears in my eyes at the amount of thought and effort he put into crafting those words.

Of course you should celebrate it - why on Earth not?

Originally Posted by hvzgg
    Anniversaries give perspective, but do not "buy" into the advertising of needing to get flowers, jewelry. Maybe take her out to eat, treat her well, and reassure you that even though it's been so long you're still in love.](*,)
    I hope you arent the type who doesnt "buy into" advertising when it comes to spending money on your partner - but are happy to "buy into" advertising when it comes to spending money on yourself.

Women don't love flowers and jewelry because they are advertised - we love them cause their beautiful to look at and we feel good around flowers or wearing jewelry.

I feel really sad for women with partners who don't appreciate that.

I mean for gods sake - if they launched a decade long add campaigne which saw gorgeous looking handsome men try to romance their partners with giant and expensive cockroaches - I don't think we'd all be hoping our men would buy us similar cockroaches.

It's not all about the advertising - advertising caters to what we want just as much as our wants are fueled by advertising. Its not fair to ignore half of that equation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice