Why do so many teenagers seem obsessed with having babies???

Catdancer

I was at my OB's office on Friday and as I was waiting to have blood work done, one of the nurses was on the phone with a pregnant 11 year old girl!!! When I was 11, I played with barbies!!

And I've seen threads on here as well as teens in my area that are pregnant or trying to be.

What is happening??? It seems like the "new generation" is out to screw up their lives before they begin. Ugh....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some people they just havent been educated enough on the matter from their parents or schools. My school just told us how to put a condom on they didnt educate us on what actually happens and the emotional side of things.

Odd...because I thought 'sex education' was compulsary in all schools in the UK. Know that we had 'sex education' lessons....and were taught a whole lot more than how to put a condom on.

In all fairness, you don't know the 11 year olds situation. She might have been raped or abused or come from a pro-life family.

Generalising, they're full of teenage hormones, they think a child will make them a grown up or give them something that will love them unconditionally.

You're right. BUT I've seen other pregnant 11 and 12 year olds as well as other teens up to the age of 17 and 18. I just cant see the allure. Also, I live in Virginia. Is this just an epidemic of bored "redneck" kids?? lol

In all fairness, you don't know the 11 year olds situation. She might have been raped or abused or come from a pro-life family.

Generalising, they're full of teenage hormones, they think a child will make them a grown up or give them something that will love them unconditionally.

I agree. I went to an all girl school for pregnant teens or teens that already had their baby. There was a girl there that was 12 when she was raped by a friend of the family. She kept the baby and actually gave birth at 13. I don't think she chose that life, it was a series of unfortunate circumstances that brought her there.

I agree. I went to an all girl school for pregnant teens or teens that already had their baby. There was a girl there that was 12 when she was raped by a friend of the family. She kept the baby and actually gave birth at 13. I don't think she chose that life, it was a series of unfortunate circumstances that brought her there.

This I understand and she undertook a huge responsibility in keeping the baby. I respect that.

What I'm talking about are teenage girls ages 11-17 who are TRYING to get pregnant.

Odd...because I thought 'sex education' was compulsary in all schools in the UK. Know that we had 'sex education' lessons....and were taught a whole lot more than how to put a condom on.

It is compulsary, but my school just didnt do well on the matter. We all found 'sex' a funny word along with others related to it but with that aside we still were willing to listen but they just let us get on with it. They didnt teach us about STD's either they just showed us pictures on what it looks like and that was it.

It is compulsary, but my school just didnt do well on the matter. We all found 'sex' a funny word along with others related to it but with that aside we still were willing to listen but they just let us get on with it. They didnt teach us about STD's either they just showed us pictures on what it looks like and that was it.

I guess a lack of sex education would have something to do with it. Am I the only one seeing this trend? Maybe it's just in my area. Although I have seen several threads on here started by teenage girls who want to get pregnant or who are trying to get pregnant.

Is their status raised in high school because they get pregnant??

I guess a lack of sex education would have something to do with it. Am I the only one seeing this trend? Maybe it's just in my area. Although I have seen several threads on here started by teenage girls who want to get pregnant or who are trying to get pregnant.

Mine wasn't! I was just another young girl with a baby. I didn't intentionally set out to get pregnant, I was just young and stupid and it happened.

For those girls that really think that having a baby is going to be a wonderful thing, they have another thing coming. It's not easy caring for a baby at any age let alone when you are just a child yourself.

They are getting pregnant because it's a way of getting a house, freedom and money - though it never works out that easy and they hit the ground with a thud, they get the house, the freedom and the money at the expense of those who work their @sses off.

I guess I just dont see wellfare and ghetto housing as freedom. And yes, it pissed me off too. I'm a tax payer!

Well some people in my year did end up pregnant and had their babies but there were also people spreading rumours about someone being pregnant when it wasnt true. When people at my school heard rumours or the truth they immediately think that the person involved is a 'blank' in other words someone who sleeps around alot.

Mine wasn't! I was just another young girl with a baby. I didn't intentionally set out to get pregnant, I was just young and stupid and it happened.

For those girls that really think that having a baby is going to be a wonderful thing, they have another thing coming. It's not easy caring for a baby at any age let alone when you are just a child yourself.

I guess I'm trying to find the answer to a question that will never be answered. It just boggles my mind that very young kids would WANT to have babies.

I've never heard of anyone under 15 "trying" to get preggies......I was under the impression they were raped, or simply uneducated about sex and birth control and ended up preggies.

After 15, I see lots of girls that think a baby will fill some void in their lives....that the baby will love them unconditionally, and it's someone they will always be connected to (and a permanent connection to the father.....) They just want someone to love and love them back, and think a baby will do that.

I think a dog is a much better choice for that!

It's just sad that, chosen or not, some girls have babies before they're ready.

I've heard of some kids that age, saying..."Oh babies are so cute."

I agree, but it's a case of children having children, who have no idea what the future holds having to raise their own baby at that age.

Usually it's the Grandparent's who end up raising the child, not always, but the majority of the time.

I'm not trying to judge anyone, but this is a sad situation to be in for them.

I was at my OB's office on Friday and as I was waiting to have blood work done, one of the nurses was on the phone with a pregnant 11 year old girl!!! When I was 11, I played with barbies!!

And I've seen threads on here as well as teens in my area that are pregnant or trying to be.

What is happening??? It seems like the "new generation" is out to screw up their lives before they begin. Ugh....

i didn't even get my period until i was 12 and a half. Almost 13. I was a late bloomer for everything.

An 11 year old has no concept of how much her life will change forever if she has a baby. They see celebs like Jamie Lynn Spears do it, and they think it's OK.

Also, morals in our society have gone down the toilet. 40-50 years ago it was a huge disgrace on a girl's whole family if she got pregnant unmarried and as a teen. Shame, shame, shame. you were the talk of the town. These days, it's so commonplace that no one even bats an eye.

Archived