a little too sweet?

weird. while i was sitting around with a bunch of friends tonight, we ended up playing this game where you go around the circle and say one thing you like about the person, and one thing that about them that gets on your nerves. obviously we knew this game was going to end up to be a little volatile, but we played anyways. when it came to me i was a little shocked, because the guys mostly agreed that my bad quality is that i am "too sweet". i have never gotten this before, and when i talked with my boyfriend afterwards, he was confused as well, to each their own i guess.

i know that i'm the type of girl who will send your mom a get well soon card if she's not feeling great, bake you your favorite cake (with your favorite color icing as well ) for your birthday, talk to you when you're down, even if its at 2am, as well as give you a ride if your car is beat.

overkill? i'm not sure, it's all i've known, i don't mind. i have gotten 'maternal' before, but not anything like this... hell, i didnt even think this was possible!

so, what are your thoughts/feelings on this? have you ever met anyone who was 'too sweet' and/or would this be something that could make or break a relationship for you?

It could also be that people in this type of situtation feel uncomfortable giving a real negative quality, or irritating quality, so they go with the diss that isn't really a diss. It is much like in a job interview when you are asked to tell your weaknesses. Who really wants to talk about that? So we instead give an answer that isn't really a weakness such as "i tend to get really into details too much" or "i tend to work too many hours". IT's a way of giving a negative, that isn't really negative.

That is likely the impetus of the answer more than not. I am sure you are a sweet person, but the "you are often too sweet" was probably a way of giving an irritating quality aobut yourself that isn't really an irritant if you know what i mean.

Lol, I once had a funny conversation with my friends in high school regarding your concern. We were talking about girls, and this one girl came up. She was average looking, but she was soooooo nice. My one friends described her this way:

She's the perfect wife. In 30 years I'll probably be on a reclining chair, drinking a beer and watching football. She'll come in the room with a cheery smile and oven mits on and say, "Guess what, Griff?! I made cookies, JUST for you!"

"Get out of the way, god damnit, the Giants are about to score!" *chugs another beer*

"Ok dear. I'll go make dinner now!"

*burp*

Lol, not that he was serious or anything.

Actually, I think girls can be too nice, just like guys can...so nice that it cancels out their sexual appeal. There was this other girl from high school who was pretty and always smiling and cheerful, but for some reason I never felt ANYTHING for her. It was weird.

In my book, though, being "too nice" can also fall under the same category as being happy so much that it's annoying, that that really Christian neighbor everyone has. Anyone who only seems to radiate one emotion or mood can get boring or annoying.

I would say i'm the same kind of person you are, just that im a guy and if i tried to bake a cake it wouldnt turn out so good. the way description of things that you do for people, to me at least, sounds very sweet and sincere. there are some girls who cant pull off being nice, sweet, etc. i wouldnt pay much mind to what those guys said. Personally i am a complete sucker for sweet girls

She's the perfect wife. In 30 years I'll probably be on a reclining chair, drinking a beer and watching football. She'll come in the room with a cheery smile and oven mits on and say, "Guess what, Griff?! I made cookies, JUST for you!"

"Get out of the way, god damnit, the Giants are about to score!" *chugs another beer*

"Ok dear. I'll go make dinner now!"

*burp*

hahahah, that's pretty good. i mean i can be sweet and that usually is the norm for me, it comes naturally, but let me tell you... if you piss me off, you wont want to be within a 10 mile radius lol. one thing i cant stand is when people try to take advantage of me because they think they can get away with it, i don't let people walk all over me.

We should be friends, my B-day is coming up lol... I think girls can be too sweet, but only if they are fake about it, and are creepily "jesus freak" likish...

whats your favorite color? lol.. plus im non religious

some people think i'm not nice at all. my exterior and my dress i can see causing the confusion.

but your friends i guess don't see you like your bf does. people are completely different behind closed doors.

yeah, that's very true. he thinks im sweet, but he doesnt find it annoying or overdone as they do.

but hey, they dont have sex with me, lol

I get told I am a nice girl a lot, really a lot, my come back is usually "Yeah, but who needs nice girls?"

As long as you don't get walked on by people, I think you being sweet is the greatest compliment you can be given. There should be more of that in this world.

I have gotten snide remarks when I do some small innocuous kind act, and I don't understand why someone else should worry about what I just did, it is my value system and it is how I choose to live my life. I'm talking about simple things, holding doors open, opening the grocery bag at the self check out for the next person, dumb little things, but I think it is a good way to be.

hahahah' date=' that's pretty good. i mean i can be sweet and that usually is the norm for me, it comes naturally, but let me tell you... if you piss me off, you wont want to be within a 10 mile radius lol. one thing i cant stand is when people try to take advantage of me because they think they can get away with it, i don't let people walk all over me.[/quote']

I think it's fine to be overly-sweet, as long as you balance it out with things like a sense of humor, sarcasm, and sexiness. For some reason, knowing that a really sweet girl has a naughty side is really exciting, lol.

You just don't wanna be so nice that guys think of you more like their kind Aunt Mabel instead of a girlfriend.

Archived