Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: "If you love somebody set them free" really makes sense to me now.

Silver Member

"If you love somebody set them free" really makes sense to me now.

It never did, but now I see I have to let him go. I have to have faith in myself.

I truly feel like I will be the best woman he's ever lost.

I was the most supportive, loving, generous, understanding girlfriend to him. He knows this, he still tells me I'm amazing.

I need to give him time to truly understand this,

Hopefully when he has, I won't want him any more.

It really is his loss.

I owe him though, I've been meaning to get in to a proper exercise regime for months, since him and I broke up I've been training religiously.

I know we're going to come accross eachother again though. He lives with my best friend. I think they're having a new year's party again this year.

I'm going to walk in, and he'll be like..damn. My loss there.

If anything, even though he did not appreciate me, I am thankful to him because the pain he has gave me has motivated me to be a better person.

Oh..I feel liberated today

Amen to that sister
    Went through a similar situation myself and two months later, I dont want her anymore. And yeah, its hard to stay mad when you look at what you have and think, 'damn, Im lucky.' Good luck with everything. Everything happens for a reason.

Here Here!

I'm very happy for you. Sounds like your getting along great! You're right, it is his loss.

I have always heard it said...
    If you love them set them free. If they love you they will return. If not, find your shot gun and hunt them down.

Dont actually do that last part but just a little swing at the end that made me smile.

But you are right look at it from what he lost. Someday he will see it and hopefully by then you will be happy again with someone who wont ever forget what you have to offer.

Bronze Member
    It is SO important that we heed the lessons that come out of these messes, and act on them. Things like caring for ourselves better in all aspects of our lives.

You sound in such a wonderful place and I'm so happy for you. There are moments I feel the same, and I will look forward to the time when I feel that 24/7.

You go girl!

Give Advice
Ask For Advice