"300" Workout?

Hiya!

I'm 5'6", and weigh nearly 13 stone. It's not ideal, and as well as losing weight, I want a great body, defined muscle tone, everything.

After watching the film "300", and being extremely jealous of the sculpted bodies of the actors on display, I Google'd it. Seems entirely possible for a generally fit person to do this in a few months.

However, I get out of breath going up the stairs in my house! I have a bad diet, and get no exercise, yet I want the body of a god... Hmmmm.

So... Shortest route to extreme fitness... As well as drinking mainly water, and eating healthily, I'm thinking I can try the 300 Workout? It's meant to brutal, and only possible if you're already pretty fit, but I think I could build up to it?

Failing that, I need the easiest, quickest way to a well-defined, muscle-bound body, please! No hard to understand web pages, or guides, just a set of exercises to do every day that will make me look like an extra from "300"!

Thanks guys!

Ben.

To be honest, there really isn't a quick and easy way to get into shape, but there are easier routines than the 300 workout that could possibly benefit you more. If you have access to a gym, I'd more than willing to help you with a beginners workout, or you could just start the rippetoes beginners workout. It's not complicated at all. But if you want to work up to the 300 workout, that's awesome as well.

But diet is key. As you said, drinking mostly water, and eating healthy is going to help you tons. I've been working out for quite some time and up until a few months ago I wasn't eating right, and I can definitely see the difference!

See, at the moment, I don't really have access to the gym.

Part of the problem is my career... I'm a musician, and seem to spend most of my time sitting down, practicing.

Is there a set of exercises one might do at home, that could get me the buff bod I've always wanted?

Cheers for the help, by the way!

Ben.

See, at the moment, I don't really have access to the gym.

If you are serious about this, a gym membership of some kind is going to be a must - a YMCA or any place with a squat rack will do. But that is down the road -

I would highly recommend you try a stepped plan - starting with two weeks spent getting nutrition straight (which you seem to have done), then take another two to start doing bodyweight exercises (a morning walk, followed by ten-twenty minutes of pushup/abb/cardio splits maybe?) - then get that gym membership and start the squating (I second rippetoes)!

The goal is to make big (but isolated) changes in lifestyle, and let them sink in over two weeks. Rather than trying it all at once.

The biggest thing however imo, is nutrition... that cannot be stressed enough.

Use fitday, or some other free online program to track your intake... if your truthful and log *every* day, it provides amazing insight on your intake, and can show deficiencies as well as excess.

-----------

Use this for motivation, some of them are pretty amazing!

(Scroll down and click on stories that sound like your bodytype)

link removed

this may be politically incorrect to say, but i'm kind of glad that there's a movie out there that makes men as insecure about their bodies as women feel every day looking at the magazine racks or all the new mom celebrities that drop the 30 lbs of baby weight in 3 weeks.

i think the bodies in 300 are as fake as the airbrushed boobs and butts and skin in playboy.

Remember that a lot of the abs you see in 300 were digitally added in as well as airbrushed on. There's one scene near the beginning where a guy has his stomach all out yet the chiseled abs are still there on his pot belly!

Good luck though!

yes, i remember that!!!! and that one scene where he just starts randomly rolling his abs, like he was in bellydance class or something.

you need cardiovascular activity for at least 10 minutes. that is the minimum. you must get your heart rate twice what it is at rest for this time period. also, the guys in 300 trained all day everyday until they barfed. that was their regiment. running, lifting, biking, etc. also, they were airbrushed.

"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense."

Thats it. Also, get plenty of sleep and do not workout on sore muscles.

you need cardiovascular activity for at least 10 minutes. that is the minimum. you must get your heart rate twice what it is at rest for this time period. also, the guys in 300 trained all day everyday until they barfed. that was their regiment. running, lifting, biking, etc. also, they were airbrushed.

lol, that's a good workout regime. train until you barf, then get airbrushed.

this may be politically incorrect to say, but i'm kind of glad that there's a movie out there that makes men as insecure about their bodies as women feel every day looking at the magazine racks or all the new mom celebrities that drop the 30 lbs of baby weight in 3 weeks.

i think the bodies in 300 are as fake as the airbrushed boobs and butts and skin in playboy.

There have been lots of movies just like that. Bridget Joneses' diary is so ironic in that it shows this woman going against the grain of the thin stereo type yet portrays two puppy dog stereo typical males. Mid 30's career orientated with enormous success....good looking...

There are just as many things in the media that put unrealistic demands on young men.The difference is men are bred not to complain about such thing or talk about their feelings. That and society in general doesn't care about the issues men face. Because we're supposed to be able to look after ourselves.

Not to mention action heroes and any time a male character takes of his shirt. The women look at him with bright eyes while the men feel inadequate.

The bodies the men have are even more silly because they aren't even functional, they're just freaks.

Failing that, I need the easiest, quickest way to a well-defined, muscle-bound body, please! No hard to understand web pages, or guides, just a set of exercises to do every day that will make me look like an extra from "300"!

Push ups, get a one of those hanging bars and do a lot of cardio. You won't look like 300 but you'll build up most muscles. I can't remember the exercises but you don't have to lift weights. To look like 300 you probably shouldn't.

lol I'm just messing. You dont seem like the kind of guy that chats ****

Much respect!

Have you tried pulling up with both hands, then releasing (lowering) with one, slowly? Its really hard to maintain form.

hmmm, no i haven't done that. they have one of those helper pull up machines too with a leg platform that takes a bit of weight off. i'll try that. you have to have massive forearms for the one-handers though. i can't wait.

^Its like a half way between both handed and one handed.

The helper pull up machine is for pansies. I rarely ever see anyone in shape using it.

A friend of a friend does the craziest thing. One handed, legs parallel with the floor pull ups. He did five comfortably. Now THATS strength.

i see huge guys using the helper ones. i start off on the regular pull up area, then go there to fatigue more. so it does work.

how much does he weigh though?

Archived